C99 & Iced Widow

Nar I swear you said puff puff puff puff puff puff puff pass didn't you? Hahaha all good here bro counting down to the flip! How's things in your garden Sol?
:passitleft:

Well if you say so, will just need to grow more with you around lol!! my little garden of heaven is alright just now, I hate saying that cause I know I could get swamped by mites or something at any moment soooooo lets not talk about it....:rofl:

So day38 from sprout & I think day4 from flip. I changed the bulb to go vertical in the parabolic reflector & increased the light to 1000w, I was going to go with 1000w once flowers began but I had a good opportunity this morning to quickly change over so I just did it & took a pic so here goes;

day38:
day382.JPG

peace out

Subbed

I see you mention power cuts. You would happen to be from SA would you?

So i'm a bit late to the party but i'll follow along. I also have a couple suggestions if you like.

First your plants are looking nice but they are heat stressed. Going to the 1000w will only make it worse so I'd get that temp under 25 before turning up the wattage ;)

Also you should veg using Metal Halide bulbs as they promote growth much better.

And a good light hanging range is around 12 to 18 inches from the top.

Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to the harvest!

Subbed

I see you mention power cuts. You would happen to be from SA would you?

Hey blaze welcome, have you got power cuts too? such a pain in the ass when your trying to grow, sometimes I think I should invest in a generator but I hate those things...

So i'm a bit late to the party but i'll follow along. I also have a couple suggestions if you like.

First your plants are looking nice but they are heat stressed. Going to the 1000w will only make it worse so I'd get that temp under 25 before turning up the wattage ;)

Also you should veg using Metal Halide bulbs as they promote growth much better.

And a good light hanging range is around 12 to 18 inches from the top.

Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to the harvest!

Thanks & welcome cana, your right about the heat stress but I think its minimal especially one of the c99s. I raised the lights a little bit this morning so they're not too close, plus I have a 16" fan blowing onto the bulb. Temp when lights on was about 27-28c yesterday without the a/c which is pretty good...I run the a/c at night when lights are off to keep the room cold, but when lights are on I switch it off since under 28c is pretty good I think. I hear during flower its best to keep temps under 27c.
:Namaste:

Thanks for the welcome bud.

Yeah, we have it bad, although none in the last 2 months. *knock on wood*

A generator is a good idea if you have any sort of commercial plans.

Thanks for the welcome bud.

Yeah, we have it bad, although none in the last 2 months. *knock on wood*

A generator is a good idea if you have any sort of commercial plans.

Your always welcome blaze...2 months without any cuts is pretty good hope it continues. My grows are for personal use so no point in getting a generator, all that fuel & smoke & noise would just drive me bonkers lol!!

Are you getting those temps from where the top of the plant is?

Hey cana, my thermometer is outside the canopy behind the fan that blows onto the bulb...so my readings are 'room' temp. Plus ive got another rotating 16" fan blowing air in the canopy. When I place my hand over the plants it isn't too hot, the iced widows show no sign of heat stress only the c99's...but as I said I don't think its much of a problem as they seem to be doing well but you probably have more experience than I so let me know what you think...thanks for the input buddy.
:Namaste:

Try to hang your thermometer just where the top of the plants are you'll probably see readings over 30 at which point the plant slows down growth. It will still work and it depends on the strain but whatever one is curling probably will produce less. Are your lights on during the night or day? I let mine sleep in the day and take advantage of the cooler night time temps to help.

You could probably add 6 or 7 deg celsius to the temp reading to get an idea of what temps you're pushing under the lights. Anything approaching 35 and up is a problem. I try keep mine at about 28 deg, but I need an AC to achieve that.

Good luck bud.

EDIT: I run my AC for about 11 hours a day. These are the hottest times of the day and night. I run it at 19 deg, and that keeps temps under the light to about 27 deg.

You could probably add 6 or 7 deg celsius to the temp reading to get an idea of what temps you're pushing under the lights. Anything approaching 35 and up is a problem. I try keep mine at about 28 deg, but I need an AC to achieve that.

Good luck bud.

EDIT: I run my AC for about 11 hours a day. These are the hottest times of the day and night. I run it at 19 deg, and that keeps temps under the light to about 27 deg.

Cheers blaze, I use a portable a/c as well but the past few days its only been running when lights are off at night to keep the room cooler, about 12hrs. During the day when lights on the a/c is off because room temp is only about 27-28c. In any case its only the c99 that shows heat stress...but will raise the lights a little to help accommodate.

Try to hang your thermometer just where the top of the plants are you'll probably see readings over 30 at which point the plant slows down growth. It will still work and it depends on the strain but whatever one is curling probably will produce less. Are your lights on during the night or day? I let mine sleep in the day and take advantage of the cooler night time temps to help.

I agree, will do something about the curling c99 as it is clearly heat stressed but the other's seem good. Will raise the light a little by tomorrow. Its a long story but I can only have the lights on during the day & off at night, ideally I would have done like you & taken advantage of the cooler nights but I can't on this one.

On a different note though would a digital thermometer under the lights not give out a 'false reading'? Plus i've read before there's a difference between radiant & ambient heat with the former being heat directly from source i.e. bulb or sun & the latter being normal air temp. Ambient temp seemingly is what really matters along with air circulation. What you think?

Yesterday I found white pistils on the c99s & the bud sites on the iced widows are a lot lighter in color so Im guessing flowering has began...good excuse to party this weekend, who's got drinks & smokes lol!
:party:

Another thing you could try is to possibly rotate the plants so that the one getting the heat stress could maybe move with another plant thats doing better to see if that helps the problem or just creates it again for the other one.

Thanks cana, forgot to say the curling c99 was the closest to the lights as it was sitting on a pot because it was small. You'll be glad to know I removed the pot & raised the lights a little bit so will see how they react.
:thumb:

Great news bud! This is the best part of any grow. When the magic starts to happen.

I REALLY love Cindy, so looking forward to seeing what you think of her ;)

Cheers grow, i never tried cindy but ive heard so many good things about the strain I had to try it. So glad you like too as it justifies my decision :grinjoint:

Great news bud! This is the best part of any grow. When the magic starts to happen.

Yes bro, my garden is soon to turn magical...I bet i'll see gnomes & fairy's as well! :rofl: & if I don't at least ill have a few ounces of green magic! the fun begins here...let the flowers show off their glory lol.

Picked up some ICE, Northern Vision and Nepal Cheese from my mentor yesterday. I was seeing plenty of gnomes and garden elves.

Picked up some ICE, Northern Vision and Nepal Cheese from my mentor yesterday. I was seeing plenty of gnomes and garden elves.

Are you having a laugh? garden elves...no way they exist bro. I think you're smoking too much lol!! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom