Cakemix's First Grow - 1000W Tent

what is the minimum requirement for the filter though? If, it is to low, it will not work either. For instance, I have a Can Filter 66; which is good up to 400cfm exhaust I believe, but needs a MINIMUM of 200 something cfm's to work correctly also. So I use the Can Fan Pro 6in which has 420cfm but with my 30ft of ducting I run to the attic (which is where my Can Filter is) it lowers the cfm but it must be in the right cfm range because it is working no problems.

My setup is Hood>>>Ducting>>>Fan>>>Ducting>>>Filter

what is the minimum requirement for the filter though? If, it is to low, it will not work either. For instance, I have a Can Filter 66; which is good up to 400cfm exhaust I believe, but needs a MINIMUM of 200 something cfm's to work correctly also. So I use the Can Fan Pro 6in which has 420cfm but with my 30ft of ducting I run to the attic (which is where my Can Filter is) it lowers the cfm but it must be in the right cfm range because it is working no problems.

My setup is Hood>>>Ducting>>>Fan>>>Ducting>>>Filter

That is very useful information as I have been running my fan lower rpm because of the colder temps.

Unfortunately I have a larger issue on my hands right now as I had a power outage last night while lights were on.

Power Outage, Urgent.

That is very useful information as I have been running my fan lower rpm because of the colder temps.

Unfortunately I have a larger issue on my hands right now as I had a power outage last night while lights were on.

Power Outage, Urgent.

I checked your power outage thread and i would try not to worry about it. Whatever happens is gonna happen. I doubt that those few hours would shock it to a point of catastrophe. But still, I wish you the best outcome!

I checked your power outage thread and i would try not to worry about it. Whatever happens is gonna happen. I doubt that those few hours would shock it to a point of catastrophe. But still, I wish you the best outcome!

OK so now the power went out again 3 minutes before the lights were supposed to come on at 5pm. When the power comes back should I give them full 12 hours of light from that time? Or shut the lights off at 5am like normal?

Man that is some bad luck buddy, sorry to hear of that. I honestly do not know what would be the lesser of the evils. My instincts tell me to yes let the plant have its 12 hours of light.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Man that is some bad luck buddy, sorry to hear of that. I honestly do not know what would be the lesser of the evils. My instincts tell me to yes let the plant have its 12 hours of light.

Thank you for the reply!

I tend to agree with you but a guy in the outage thread said that interrupting the dark cycle is worse than interrupting the light cycle.

The plants are definitely not looking great right now, the leaves that had some yellowing had it accelerated during the outage and look pretty worse for wear. The temp was also at 61F when the lights just came back on. I think I will cut the light at 5am like normal and hope they bounce back after a good solid 12 hour dark period. The only thing I'm pissed about is that they are literally days away from harvest. Pretty shit timing for 2 long outages in 1 day.

I know that a long period of dark (24 hours) is used right before chopping to harvest...to make the plants use up whatever storage they have because they will think winter has arrived and start to die. If they are only days away from harvest, hopefully it will not shock them to much.

I know that a long period of dark (24 hours) is used right before chopping to harvest...to make the plants use up whatever storage they have because they will think winter has arrived and start to die. If they are only days away from harvest, hopefully it will not shock them to much.

Ya I think they started to feed off themselves. Things got much worse last night and power went out 5 times total yesterday. They are getting their first full dark period in over 24 hours now.

So what I'm noticing is that all the lower buds on the plant are looking very good, about 50% red hairs that have curled in. But it seems like the main colas still have longer to go and have lots of white hairs still. Is it possible for the trichomes on the lower buds to become amber while the trichomes on the main cola are still clear and developing? Like the lower buds look ready to harvest but the main buds still look like they need longer.

Will update with pics when lights come on tonight.

Heres some pics from 20 minutes ago.

mqS442Z.jpg

zBMP7Fo.jpg

OzIHhyb.jpg

Rs2wsda.jpg

aTbmHMv.jpg

QbeUY4s.jpg

C7HGbXp.jpg

tBJWS2w.jpg

ahRhvnq.jpg

7VRanWd.jpg

I think 2 of the dutch treat plants are pretty much ready for harvest but the other 2 dutch treat and 4 pk's need a bit longer I think. I will be dry trimming everything and only removing large fan leafs when I harvest them. To be honest I'm really nervous about harvesting. The plants turned out pretty good and I don't want to screw anything up and have my hard work go to waste. My only concern is one of the pk's has dead/crispy sugar leaves on the top cola, not sure if this is a problem or not. I bought a 100x magnifier to check the trichomes but its so damn hard to focus and keep steady. Also one of the dutch treats (the retarded one) has some serious fox tailing and I'm wondering if I should wet trim only that plant and obviously keep separate.

Dutch treat
VaIpHOm.jpg

Je9HE62.jpg

Today I will harvest the first 2 plants that are ready. I plan to pull them from the tent right before lights go on as I'm not able to leave them in the dark for 24+ because the other plants are not finished yet. I want to thank TheDankDuo and Weaselcracker for all the help, I don't think I'd be in as good of shape as I'm in without their recent advice. Be sure to check out their journals! As the harvest will be staggered I will be documenting and tagging everything so the different batches will dry properly. I plan to pull all the large fans off the plants, chop them and hang them on string for 5-7 days and then do a dry trim and proceed to cure and burp in 1L mason jars.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom