Cakemix's First Grow - 1000W Tent

If they're dead you can cut them off.

I don't think they're rootbound yet. If they are, please share the brand of your root stimulator :)

Roots tend to spread downwards fast, searching for moisture. The fact that you see them poking out of the bottom after less than three weeks meens they're doing fine.

But I would transplant them soon into their final pots.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Honestly I am surprised my plants are still alive at this point. Things haven't gone extremely well.

They have always had yellow leaves and brown spots and leaves dying since the beginning so I trimmed most of the dead stuff off. A couple weeks ago sometime during the night a neutral wire came loose in one of the outlets to the room cutting all the power to my exhaust fan and A/C. The lights are on a seperate circuit so they stayed on and the tent heated up to like 40c. The only reason they are alive is because I smelt very strong odor and checked on them but I have no idea how long they were in that heat. The plants are doing somewhat ok now and actually growing pretty good. just under 2 weeks ago I transplanted them from 1 gallon pots to 2 gallon pots because I couldn't get 3 gallons. The roots are already growing out of the holes in the bottom of the pots. I have been watering with distilled water lately to try to just minimize whats causing problems. These broke ground around August 7th. I have to water them right now and will give them their last feeding of nutes before I flush them and switch to flower. They are starting to stink now even though they are still vegging, need to get a carbon filter next week.

xkkRgzK.jpg

9vfactr.jpg

DNE727L.jpg

Nm8gtp2.jpg

LUsCMub.jpg

iexGKv8.jpg

Today is day 1 of flowering under HPS. 9 Weeks from when the PK broke ground. Lights are off from 7pm-7am. Thankfully the plants bounced back quite a bit, only issues is severe nute burn on the middle left and some nute burn on the tall one in the back left. I flushed all of the plants before switching to flowering. They were transplanted into their final 5 gallon containers almost 2 weeks ago. Decided to put the tall one and a really sick looking one into fabric pots. Haven't fed anything in 2 waterings now except a bit of pro-cal. Thankfully after the lights went off last night for the first time I checked on them 3 hours later and saw a bright red light on a power strip illuminating the whole tent. Quickly patched it up with foil tape, hopefully only 3 hours of the red light won't cause hermies. Need to get another timer to kill the circulation fans at lights out. What is the lowest temp the plants can take at lights out, 60f? Next watering will be flora nova, massive, and pro-cal. Would really like some advice from experienced growers on how to make my flowering as successful as possible after all the shit these plants have been through.

fUhaHy0.jpg

OvpRiPw.jpg

JSB06np.jpg

OsNZi54.jpg

Really, look for spots on the leaves/ it looks like a bug somewhere. I agree with rahulik.
In the run off water...look if something crawls.

also yellow leaves:
probs.jpg

Welcome AngryBird and Honz.

Thanks to the other thread I posted I realized I have been over watering the entire grow. Shout out to all those guys for helping me.

Leaves are finally starting to point upwards. Letting them completely dry out before I water and feed as I'm guessing this will be the first time the roots get some real oxygen. Will be starting things off small for first 12/12 feeding. 2.5ml Flora Nova Bloom, 2ml Pro-Cal, and 5ml Massive per gallon @ 6.4ph. 8 gallons for 8, 5 gallon pots to start. I really need to get a ppm meter too! The recommended is 5ml Flora Nova (lucas formula for soil), 10ml Pro-Cal, and 20ml Massive (20ml seems pretty excessive?) I think the over watering has also contributed to the yellowing leaves/deficiencies.

The plants are looking healthier than they ever have right now with the soil being dryer than it ever has I think. My soil moisture meter is reading "dry 3" but I know there is still some decent moisture under there as the pots are still a bit heavy so I'm keeping an eye out for the stems to start sagging while the leaves continue to point up to tell me it's time to water. I believe it's been 9 or 10 days since I flushed the plants which was the last watering.

Temp has increased a lot with HPS on 1000w, the max it reaches in the tent is 84f and low is about 70-71f with lights off. I removed the a/c and am now running lights on 6pm-6am as the cooler nights should keep the temps from the lights down as we head into winter. I was originally running 7am-7pm but dealing with temp swing was crazy. To switch from that schedule I left the lights on from 7am-6am on the second or third day of 12/12. I think I will do a bunch of trimming on the bottom 1/3 of the plants right before I water next, unless thats a bad idea? Bottom pic the one on the right is very dense and shorter than the rest, maybe it needs to be trimmed all the way up? It's one of the healthiest ones.

I'm really hoping everything will go perfectly from now until harvest. Cheers guys!

4z4v4bY.jpg

eLOX73g.jpg

Did some trimming on the bottom 1/3rd and watered/fed them the night before last and they are growing like crazy and super cool things are happening. Day 9 of flower and we have some nice pistols forming. Also smells quite amazing inside the tent. The tall one is now 4ft tall. I'm also very pleased with how healthy they are now compared to before.

hq05qeE.jpg

qxQRUIJ.jpg

Hey guys!

Today is day 18 of 12/12. Things are actually going great and the plants are super healthy and finished stretching I think. The tent is getting pretty crowded now! I had to lst the tall one because it was like 2ft taller than the other ones and the lst is already letting the rest of the plant get tons of light while keeping the main cola at the height of the other plants so I was able to bring the light lower. I would assume day 1 of flowering is when the flowers actually appear and not when you switch to 12/12.

I fed 3ml Flora nova bloom, 10ml Massive and 1.5ml pro-cal @ 6.3ph night before last, had to water the fabric pots a day earlier. All of the plants are pretty much at the same stage of flowering now minus one really late bloomer. Not sure why but one PK plant is now just starting to show signs of flowering, while the others are well into flower.

x3Wrj9S.jpg

7QKwMBN.jpg

G8hONzT.jpg

DsJN4KK.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

8.1 weeks into flower things are still going ok. Haven't given them as much attention as they deserve. plants are 17 weeks right now total. should be finished in like 6 days. They need water right now I'm wondering if I should just flush with distilled water.

OPKsfid.jpg

ZcrVEwY.jpg

stopped feeding massive a while ago to try to eliminate fox tailing and have been feeding 5ml finisher/gallon while weening them off FNB.
Unfortunately the retarded plant that was really late to flower is foxtailing hard af right now. My next watering will most likely be the last and I will give them a good flush. A problem I have been having is there is a very strong marijuana smell coming from the exhaust after it has passed through my can-lite filter, even on low fan rpm. I'm confused.

Yeah running a 6"x24" Can-Lite rated for up to 600cfm, using a 6" stealth fan that does 440cfm max. 4x4 tent. The filter sits inside at the top of the tent.One of the Purple kush and the lower buds on the dutch treat are looking really good but a few of the main colas still need longer I think.

PK
3ZZlDX9.jpg

9lJ6iPn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom