My Grow Tent

tonystarks

:passitleft: I just want to start off by thanking every member for giving me so much information on being an urban gardener. I have grown quite a few successful harvests throughout the years and have adopted a close associates garden after he fell on some hard times. Just to give some background on what I have undertaken: I recently was given a promotion at the 9 to 5 and handed off my mother plants and used some savings to purchase a new grow tent and some current grow equipment. I have always kept it sweet and simple and had great success. I adopted 4 Nirvana WW babies from seed, 1 G13 clone from an outdoor plant, 1 GreenHouse Feminine Cheese plant that is rootbound and has nute lockout, 1 Greenhouse Feminine Church from seed baby, a Greenhouse Cheese clone w/ some sort of a magnesium deficiency, 1 GreenHouse Feminine Church seedling, 1 Greenhouse Cheese seedling. I have 30 Dr. Nice Dreamtime seeds and will begin a perpetual harvest as of yesterday :ganjamon: I will place 2 plants into my flowering tent every week over the next 6 months. Here goes what I have to mimic Mother Nature :

Jessie_s_Bachelorette_party_010.jpg

Jessie_s_Bachelorette_party_009.jpg

Jessie_s_Bachelorette_party_006.jpg

Jessie_s_Bachelorette_party_003.jpg

Habitat 44 Grow Tent 53" x 53" x 7' height

Can-Fan 6" intake fan
Can-Fan 8" exhaust fan w/ Goblin Charcoal filter
I still need to add a fan to cool my a/c hood

1000w Hortilux SuperHPS
Convertible ballast
6" Daystar Aircooled Hood

2ft. 4 bulb T5 Fixture for seedlings

This setup has proven to be HOT :ganjamon: I am required to keep the tent open to keep temps below 88 degrees and will eventually need to add an air conditioner to continue using this 1000 watt but with colder temps I can afford to run the 1000 without having my central air running all day :clap:

Nutrients and Soil

50%/50%
FF Ocean Forest
FF Light Warrior

Currently all plants are in 2 gallon pots except for one plant that is rootbound in a 5 gallon pot

Sensi Grow A & B
Earth Juice Catalyst
Cal/Mag
Superthrive
PuraVida Grow and Bloom
MaxiCrop Liquid Seaweed
Altgarden Foliar Spray

I keep Ph in check with an Oakton Tester

I received all of the genetics with some form of deficiency/problems and hope that we can brainstorm and get this tent pumping out some buds again. I am feeling rusty after taking a few months off and need some constructive criticism and welcome every and all suggestions and comments. My HPS just turned off and I don't want to disturb the ladies on their first night of 12hours of rest. I will have pictures up a little later tonight that I have collected over the last few days.

So I am experiencing leaves curling up and browning on the tips. The lower leaves are almost transparent after placing in my hot soil and feeding 1 ML of Sensi A and 1 ML Sensi B, .5 ML of CAl/Mag per gallon of 6.6 Ph adjusted tap water that sat out for 48 hours and was filtered through a Brita filter. Temps in the tent are currently 82-86 degrees F during light on period and 72-76 degree lights out. I have a large box fan blowing over the tops of the babies cooling that hot light from frying the girls ( I'm crossing my fingers!). The runoff of the soil is a Ph of 6.7 and I have foliar fed .25ML of Earth Juice prior to the HPS turning on this morning. I believe that these plants have been overwatered prior to me transplanting into hot soil and may need to adjust?? I will post more detailed photos tomorrow morning so that you can see. I will also get more images of my tent before I get my fans connected and running :ganjamon: I am extremely excited to get some Mr. Nice Dreamtime harvested to blaze as this is the only strain I have not grown in the past. I have grown numerous Greenhouse strains and have been a little burned out on them. They are also not very easy strains to grow. They are very very sensitive to their surroundings and I am growing in a new environment that is not my old basement and is much warmer than past grows. I think I am just so used to my old environment that I am just a little nervous :thedoubletake: Nirvana strains are so easy to grow and so affordable. I will be adding 3 more strains and growing a sea of green, kind of. I will veg 24/0 until the seedling is strong enough to handle the hps. I am shooting for 1/2 an ounce per plant and will be growing a sativa strain next, maybe DeShaman Purple Widow...... I am going to post more detailed images of the larger Cheese plant that was eaten by mites and now has nute lock and is probably rootbound. I have soil on its way to repair this. I'm so anxious to whiff that sweet smell of fresh herb in my condo for the first time.

Alright ladies and gentleman, here go some more detailed photos of the babies and a very neglected Female GHS Cheese. The seeds were placed directly into FF Light Warrior on 8/28 . They were placed under an HPS 10 days ago and have been under my 1000W Hortilux since Saturday. I changed my timer to 12/12 yesterday morning . The Cheese Clone and G13 clone were cut and transplanted into soil on 8/28 as well. The beat up Cheese plant is around 3-4 months old and was attacked by mites 3 weeks ago. I believe my associate gave up on her and I may just end up chopping her up for clones but if anyone can reassure me that she will survive I might just keep her and use all plant/bud matter to make cannabutter. I have never seen such extensive damage on a plant. I usually never have such issues growing and do not have very much experience dealing with problems. I am hoping that after a week this will turn a new "leaf", pun intended, and get this perpetual harvest going. So here goes the pics for you picture whores :yummy:

Greenhouse Fem. Church #1 Placed seed in soil 8/28 12/12 9/30

420mag_004.jpg

420mag_005.jpg

420mag_003.jpg

Nirvana White Widow #1 Placed in soil 8/28 12/12 9/30

420mag_014.jpg

420mag_012.jpg

420mag_010.jpg

420mag_009.jpg

420mag_008.jpg

Nirvana White Widow #2 Placed in soil 8/28 12/12 9/30

420mag_018.jpg

420mag_016.jpg

420mag_017.jpg

White Widow #3 placed in soil 8/28 12/12 9/30

420mag_023.jpg

420mag_022.jpg

420mag_021.jpg

420mag_020.jpg

420mag_019.jpg

White Widow # 4 - This is the weakest WW outof the bunch. I hope if any of these WW are males that its this one!!

420mag_027.jpg

420mag_026.jpg

420mag_025.jpg

420mag_024.jpg

Greenhouse Cheese clone cut 8/28 and placed directly in soil

420mag_032.jpg

420mag_031.jpg

420mag_030.jpg

420mag_028.jpg

G13 Clone cut and placed diectly in soil 8/28

420mag_038.jpg

420mag_037.jpg

420mag_036.jpg

420mag_034.jpg

Sick ass Cheese Feminine plan around 4 months old. This plant was hit by Mites and is scary looking IMHO

420mag_039.jpg

420mag_040.jpg

420mag_041.jpg

420mag_042.jpg

420mag_043.jpg

420mag_046.jpg

Alright fellow 420 members give a brother some advice. What do you see can be an improvement? I am not a person who takes criticism bad and woud like your advice as I have an enormous amount of respect for everyone here. What do you think? Should I keep vegging for a while to help the plants heal or should I just let them ride?

Thanks for the advice and I will do this. I personally have only fed the plants once and I am not going to do it again until the new growth shows need for it. What is you take on using 1/4 strength Earth juice? How about going back to 18 hours or maybe 15 hours on and 9 off? I know that this doesn't do much for yield but I am more interested in health...... just stoner thoughts:rollit:

your input is appreciated :peace:

yes, my Ph is 6.7 and I do not know for a fact what the Ph was prior to me bringing them home. They have shown new growth that has been unaffected since I transplanted into hot soil and fed 1ML of Sensi A & B .5 ML of Cal/Mag per gallon of Ph adjust 6.6 water. I did not flush yet but will do this tonight. Soil is a 50/50 Combo of FF Ocean Forest and FF Light Warrior. Do you think I should veg until they get healthier or should I just get some buds out of them and keep production going? I have more seeds and really only want to get 3-4 ounces out of the red headed stepchildren :rollit: These looked worse prior to the transplant and feeding. They have exhibited new green growth in 6 days.

As for that large nasty looking Cheese plant : Should I even bother cloning her? I have worked with mother plants and never cloned a sick plant, will the clones even survive? I can fill my cloner and get 10 clones from her ?????

Well, thankfully you've rescued them, because at the rate they look right now, they probably wouldn't have survived... If I were you, I would veg until they become healthier. Get some better growth on em before ya flower. The cheese fem, though, is up to you.

I think I may veg for a couple weeks more as I was only rushing to flower to have a little extra Christmas cash...... greed never pays in the end :smokin: And I only have enough personal smoke to last me a few months :smokin: I am going to change my lighting to 16 hours on for the next 3 weeks and then flip the switch. I will keep everyone informed and up to date daily:clap: thank everyone !!!!!

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sorry for abandoning this journal :grinjoint: I ended up harvesting 4 ounces of dry bud from these unhealthy plants so it was not a complete waste. I am going to begin documenting a more successful and vibrant grow soon.

Back
Top Bottom