Cal mag def?

Diyandimitrov

It's coco and perlite I skip feed them once with cal mag and they start to yelling do you guys think it can happen that quickly they are under gavita 1700 e 70% 500umol

20220221_094610.jpg

20220221_094554.jpg

20220221_094548.jpg

20220221_094545.jpg

20220221_094540.jpg

What up Diyandimitrov?

I’d start with the cal-mag fer sure, it’s pretty much a requirement for coco grown plants under led.

But just to be safe… coco is not the same as soil - coco is totally inert there’s nothing in coco to sustain a plant. Coco grown plants should not be allowed to dry out or it will turn hydrophobic and resist water. Also plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing for your chicks in coco, they need to be fed nutes not water…

Canna coco a 6 ml per gallon coco b 6 ml per gallon ryzotonic 8ml per gallon. No calmag at all that's why I think they got calmag deficite
Always feed with every watering no plan water. Looks to me they are just hungry. From the light colori g looks like they need more N. What are you giving them for nutes and how much?

What up Diyandimitrov?

I’d start with the cal-mag fer sure, it’s pretty much a requirement for coco grown plants under led.

But just to be safe… coco is not the same as soil - coco is totally inert there’s nothing in coco to sustain a plant. Coco grown plants should not be allowed to dry out or it will turn hydrophobic and resist water. Also plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing for your chicks in coco, they need to be fed nutes not water…
Hydrophobic ? So let me see if I understand I never should let them dry and willing them leafs cause it's gonna be big mistake ? I was never grow In coco. So I will take any tips. But everyone tells me I should give them calmag and iron and zinc more often or every time

yup coco has no beef, it’s a scrap by-product from coconut industry so it gets recycled for garden use. It’s merely a place where roots can dwell but only if you properly nourish the plant…

technically speaking coco is drain to waste hydro so yup you gotta get your ph aimed to 5.8 not 6.3 so there’s that part and yes sir my understanding is that ph matters big time in coco.

most likely this is why your color is off… the nutes are not in the correct range for the plants to uptake…they don’t look bad but the lighter green is asking for more…. not more nutes but same nutes in proper ph range at 5.8

I’m soil guy so let me shout at our main man @Bill284… but yes that’s my understanding. You can’t do a true wet dry cycle like in soil. Most fertigate 1 X per day when plant gets big then jump to 2 or 3 X per day in flower. Feed to slight runoff each time…

look generally hungry. will need the cal mag for sure.

how big are those pots ? they look ready to flip in that size.

yup coco has no beef, it’s a scrap by-product from coconut industry so it gets recycled for garden use. It’s merely a place where roots can dwell but only if you properly nourish the plant…

technically speaking coco is drain to waste hydro so yup you gotta get your ph aimed to 5.8 not 6.3 so there’s that part and yes sir my understanding is that ph matters big time in coco.

most likely this is why your color is off… the nutes are not in the correct range for the plants to uptake…

I’m soil guy so let me shout at our main man @Bill284… but yes that’s my understanding. You can’t do a true wet dry cycle like in soil. Most fertigate 1 X per day when plant gets big then jump to 2 or 3 X per day in flower. Feed to slight runoff each time…
I make my ph 5.8 -6.0 close to that as possible. Hopefully my ph testers are good I aways calibrate them.btw my it's not coco it's peat moss "pro mix" with I believe it's similar thing. And there it's not flushes like the soil ? For example I should give them aways at list 1.0 ec in veg every single time with 20 percent run off ? And never just a clear water ?

I grow in LOS so I don’t need to mess with that. I mean yeah I’m ok with ph or ppm but I’ve never messed with EC.

yup no plain water ever…. its called soilless…. coco and peat are both organic cuz they come from plant material but it’s like eating cardboard for dinner…. Plants are saying where’s the meat & potatoes and all the trimmings dammmit? Not only that but food in right ph range as you know.

so peat & coco don’t have anything to give other than a place for roots to dwell, it’s called fertigate you feed and irrigate at same time.

@bluter has forgotten more about this than I will ever know…. he literally can flower a plant in 750 mil shampoo bottle and he grows in perlite only doing hempy style.

I grow in LOS so I don’t need to mess with that. I mean yeah I’m ok with ph or ppm but I’ve never messed with EC.

yup no plain water ever…. its called soilless…. coco and peat are both organic cuz they come from plant material but it’s like eating cardboard for dinner…. Plants are saying where’s the meat & potatoes and all the trimmings dammmit? Not only that but food in right ph range as you know.

so peat & coco don’t have anything to give other than a place for roots to dwell, it’s called fertigate you feed and irrigate at same time.

@bluter has forgotten more about this than I will ever know…. he literally can flower a plant in 750 mil shampoo bottle and he grows in perlite only doing hempy style.
But ec. And ppm are the same thing they just use them in a different part of the world ec and Celsius in Europe and ppm and Fahrenheit in usa.

I make my ph 5.8 -6.0 close to that as possible. Hopefully my ph testers are good I aways calibrate them.btw my it's not coco it's peat moss "pro mix" with I believe it's similar thing. And there it's not flushes like the soil ? For example I should give them aways at list 1.0 ec in veg every single time with 20 percent run off ? And never just a clear water ?

promix is not coco. your ph is wrong if you ph for coco.

Back
Top Bottom