Calyx Hunter's - Outdoor - Diamond Girl Clone - In the Ground

Guns and Weed! You can't get more American than that!!!

I just topped the Diamond Girl. She had gained some height and I want to try and control that.

Yesterday I popped an OG clone down in the ground about 5 feet away from the DG.

I think I discovered the culprit that ripped my other clones out of the ground. I found a Prairie Dog in my yard this morning. I think they climb over the fence! I got it cornered in the fence and it tried to just run up the fence corner and made it about half way with speed and nails. I got a piece of plywood and told it the whole time "I won't hurt you." I got it on the board an lifted it to the top of the fence and once at about top fence level it bolted like superman toward the field. I had to be a mommy as it had some big ol nipples on her tummy. I hope she's back with her babies. I also rescued a neighbor dog this morning. I'm so glad it had tags with their phone #. Apparently they just moved to this neighborhood and the cute girl had made it across the entire hood. Good deeds done, time to chill.

Looks like we both have some critters to deal with.

OG addition

water polymers added to a cup of H2O
OG67.JPG

I think this is the answer to hot and dry outdoor conditions. We'll see though I could totally be wrong.
OGa.JPG

OG in the ground and caged up
OGb1.JPG

I heard a myth where a hangning CD will scare away animals. I doubt it but I'll try anything easy.
OGc.JPG

Notice the yard potential?

It's true, you stick plastic bottle on a stick, and birds won't come near. Old Italian trick.

Mucho Bueno!

Mucho Bueno!

Si! Si! Muy Muy!

Subbed! Looking good! :bravo:

Welcome Bramble!!! and thank you.

I just looked at the Diamond Girl and OG Kush clones in the ground this morning and the DG is stretching. Maybe she's getting ready to flower due to the transition from being inside at 18/6 then plopped outside with roughly a 14/10 schedule. Sun comes up at about 6am then sets at about 8pm.

I tossed some diatomaceous earth around the bases of the plants as I see aphids everywhere.

I feel this outdoor grow will be a huge lesson in battling pests.

I just looked and both the DG and OG have popped preflowers as calyxes are visible on the top internodes at the main stem. I hope they both start flowering now when they are small to avoid the prying eye. Secretly I hope they turn into trees but that could lead to being discovered.

I tossed some diatomaceous earth around the bases of the plants as I see aphids everywhere.

I feel this outdoor grow will be a huge lesson in battling pests.

Oh yeah, that's always a fight, but one you can win :thumb:

Interesting man, i'm for sure in for the ride at the front row! i subbed so i can keep up ;)

Those plants are looking really nice :popcorn:

When the plants get bigger you got a bigger fence right?

Interesting man, i'm for sure in for the ride at the front row! i subbed so i can keep up ;)

Those plants are looking really nice :popcorn:

When the plants get bigger you got a bigger fence right?

Thanks Robert and welcome to my clones in the ground grow!!!! It should be fun.

Great question too. I was at ACE the helpful place and saw that they have rolls of different sized plastic netting to keep birds and pests out of gardens. I was thinking of using some stakes and making a bigger net cage for them. Apparently grasshoppers become a problem in late season roun these parts. I was thinking about doing a 1/4" hole sized netting to keep out all the larger pests.

Have you ever heard an old kogger use the term grasshopper for a stoner? This old salty bastard I knew called stoners grasshoppers because theyre all hopped up on the grass.

I had to throw down some DE also. That stuff works great!!!!! Just make sure to keep putting it down as the rain washes it away.

Totally agreed! I found spreading it over freshly wet soil does not work well either. The moisture present will just absorb the dust. Live and learn.

Hey Calyx, how your ladies doing?

Man, thats one long Vacation your on..............

Back
Top Bottom