Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?

Bacarri93

420 Member
Some leaves have a rust color to them. Small spots that’s start around the veins and tips and then spreads to the whole leaf. I’m not sure if it’s rust, lockout, or deficiency. I grow in coco and water at 6.5 every 2 days with dechlorinated tap water. It was fine up until it just wasn’t. Please help.

image.jpg

Ph is wrong.... Coco is not the same as soil, coco is inert - there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed. Coco is considered drain to waste hydro so hydro rules apply. Set ph to 5.8 don’t give plain water but feed low dose nutes every time. When you mix your soup add the cal-mag first stir & wait, add your NPK nutes at quarter strength stir and wait, measure ph, adjust ph and then feed. Coco should not be allowed to dry out, when the plant gets bigger feed 2 X per day then in flower feed 3 X per day

Welcome.

It certainly looks like a deficiency, maybe caused by a nutrient lockout because of the wrong water pH. Those in the know will want to see a photo of the problem leaves while they are still on the plant. It helps tell how the problem is moving through the plant.

I did notice you mention growing in coco and a pH of 6.5 and they will recommend a change to something more like a pH of 5.8 or close to it.

Welcome to 420 @Bacarri93,

Weed plants need Nitrogen, Phosphorous, K=potassium plus they need calcium and magnesium

Straight ph‘ed water in an inert grow media like coco will not sustain a plant - there is no NPK or cal-mag in plain water. Yes coco provides a place for roots to grow but there are zero nutrients to feed the plant. Chicks can’t live on water alone and perhaps you’ve made it this far without adding nutrients but I would guess that gig is up. Without nutes it’s going to hit the wall and I strongly suspect that’s one of your issues.

Are you feeding them nutes? If so which ones and how often? Do you use a cal-mag product?

The answers to questions above along with lowering the ph to 5.8 and your feeding routine is most likely the source of your girls problems. If coco is allowed to dry out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. For soil grows it helps to run a wet dry cycle.... but again coco is not soil, coco looks very similar to soil but it’s a whole different animal..... coco should not be allowed to dry out, in one manner of thinking you can’t overwater coco. Quarter strength nutes at every feeding session, coco grows require a cal-mag additive that is (usually seperate) from your NPK nutes

Yes we need better pics of the plant and one to show the container of coco before you water or feed again. You need nutrients specifically made for hydro, remember coco is low tech drain to waste hydro. You should not use nutrients made for soil based grows.

If yiu are going to grow then you will do much better with a nute made specifically for cannabis, as opposed to some concoction from the big box stores. Be sure to look to see if the nutrient has calcium & magnesium added, most nutes don’t have it but there are a few all in one types that do have it included....

Ph is wrong.... Coco is not the same as soil, coco is inert - there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed. Coco is considered drain to waste hydro so hydro rules apply. Set ph to 5.8 don’t give plain water but feed low dose nutes every time. When you mix your soup add the cal-mag first stir & wait, add your NPK nutes at quarter strength stir and wait, measure ph, adjust ph and then feed. Coco should not be allowed to dry out, when the plant gets bigger feed 2 X per day then in flower feed 3 X per day
I fertilized the coco with dry amendments (Gia green all purpose, answer happy frog 1-12-0) in the correct ratios. I shouldn’t have to give nutes every time I water right, but instead just lower the PH and keep the coco moist right?

Welcome to 420 Bacardi,

Straight ph‘ed water in an inert grow media like coco will not sustain a plant - coco provides a place for roots to grow but there are zero nutrients to feed the plant. Chicks can’t live on water alone and perhaps you’ve made it this far without adding nutrients but I would guess that gig is up. Without nutes it’s going to hit the wall. I strongly suspect that’s one of your issues.

Are you feeding them nutes? If so which ones and how often? Do you use a cal-mag product?

the answers to questions above along with lowing ph and your feeding routine is most likely the source of your girls problems. If coco is allowed to dry out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. For soil grows it helps to run a wet dry cycle.... but again coco is not soil, coco looks very similar to soil but it’s a whole different animal..... coco should not be allowed to dry out, in one manner of thinking you can’t overwater coco.

we need better pics of the plant and one to show the container of coco before you water or feed again. You need nutrients specifically made for hydro, not nutes for soil...
I amended the coco with Gia green all purpose, and happy frog 1-12-0 in the correct ratios. It was working fine up until it wasn’t. I planted her October 31st 2020 so it’s a pretty big plant, I just don’t want to push into flower until I fix the issue.

I amended the coco with Gia green all purpose, and happy frog 1-12-0 in the correct ratios. It was working fine up until it wasn’t. I planted her October 31st 2020 so it’s a pretty big plant, I just don’t want to push into flower until I fix the issue.

Straight ph‘ed water in an inert grow media like coco will not sustain a plant - coco provides a place for roots to grow but there are zero nutrients to feed the plant. Chicks can’t live on water alone and perhaps you’ve made it this far without adding nutrients but I would guess that gig is up. Without nutes it’s going to hit the wall. I strongly suspect that’s one of your issues.

the answers to questions above along with lowing ph and your feeding routine is most likely the source of your girls problems. If coco is allowed to dry out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. For soil grows it helps to run a wet dry cycle.... but again coco is not soil, coco looks very similar to soil but it’s a whole different animal..... coco should not be allowed to dry out, in one manner of thinking you can’t overwater coco. Quarter strength nutes at every feeding session

Yes we need better pics of the plant and one to show the container of coco before you water or feed again. You need nutrients specifically made for hydro, remember coco is low tech drain to waste hydro. You should not use nutrients made for soil based grows.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

just a suggestion and what works for me, 5.8 ph and run half dose of cal/mag in water instead of straight tap water. half dose because you added stuff to your coco.

O
Some leaves have a rust color to them. Small spots that’s start around the veins and tips and then spreads to the whole leaf. I’m not sure if it’s rust, lockout, or deficiency. I grow in coco and water at 6.5 every 2 days with dechlorinated tap water. It was fine up until it just wasn’t. Please help.

image.jpg

Weed plants need Nitrogen, Phosphorous, K=potassium plus they need calcium and magnesium

Straight ph‘ed water in an inert grow media like coco will not sustain a plant - there is no NPK or cal-mag in plain water. Yes coco provides a place for roots to grow but there are zero nutrients to feed the plant. Chicks can’t live on water alone and perhaps you’ve made it this far without adding nutrients but I would guess that gig is up. Without nutes it’s going to hit the wall and I strongly suspect that’s one of your issues.

The answers to questions above along with lowering the ph to 5.8 and your feeding routine is most likely the source of your girls problems. If coco is allowed to dry out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. For soil grows it helps to run a wet dry cycle.... but again coco is not soil, coco looks very similar to soil but it’s a whole different animal..... coco should not be allowed to dry out, in one manner of thinking you can’t overwater coco. Quarter strength nutes at every feeding session, coco grows require a cal-mag additive that is (usually seperate) from your NPK nutes

If yiu are going to grow then you will do much better with a nute made specifically for cannabis, as opposed to some concoction from the big box stores. Be sure to look to see if the nutrient has calcium & magnesium added, most nutes don’t have it but there are a few all in one types that do have it included....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Beautiful girl you’ve got there, nicely done!!! So that looks like it’s a peat moss based soil instead of plain coco. Ok much better now we are getting somewhere.

Coco plus happy frog? This makes a huge difference then... but here’s the deal that’s a big plant and whatever nutes were in the soil mixture have been depleted. Get you some Geoflora organic all in one dry mix nute. You need to order 2 bags, one for veg and one for bloom. You spoon it on as top dress and water in and that’s it. Every 2 weeks you add more. You don’t have to adjust ph with it either as long as it’s 8.0 or less from the tap. Are you US based or Canada?

most growers should have cal-mag on the shelf just in case, generally speaking you don’t have to add cal-mag to geoflora dry mix organic nutes.

might help to get her elevated above the floor, giggle on the Zon for plant elevators or use wire shelving, oven or grill grates etc to improvise don’t let her sit in a puddle after watering

Back
Top Bottom