Can I germinate a harvested seed right away?

startergrow

I've been STSing plants for the last year. I've managed to get pollen fromn OG Kush, Cheese, Bruce Banner, Purple Kush and a Chocolate Haze. I made some S1s and some crosses.

I'm getting a new crop of seeds from some plants in a couple of weeks and am eager to grow them to see what Frankenstein I have created.

Once I harvest the seeds do I need to do anything with the seeds before I can germinate some? Do they need to "cure" at all?

Right now I'm storing the ones I have in a cool dark place with some rice grains.

Here's a random pic of one of the seeds. Kinda alien close up.

WIN_20210905_17_41_08_Pro_clean.jpg

That sounds good got a nice amount of pollen I'm not sure I've planted one I found in gelati I grow when was dry I pulled out planted it worked also a blue cheese from a freind he cured for 4 months and the seed grow I'm guessing it fine mate

I recently tried to grow a seed of my diesel plant straight away to see if she would take but she just turned to mush ,,,so my advice give them a short cooling off period,,
:ganjamon:
I got 5 seeds from the plant so I put the rest away with my other seeds

I had quite a few seeds germinate in the soil under my big plants in my first grow. (I got thousands of seeds from those plants, lots of failed babies *tried* to grow under them - I did not save them)

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like mixed opinions which makes sense really. I mean even with good bought seeds, sometimes all germinate and then I'll have a run where a bunch don't. There are a lot of factors.

Reassuring that some of you have had it work right away but also makes sense that in nature they hibernate for a season.

I think I'll take a group that I have alot of and try a bunch out and see if they pop or not.

I'll keep you informed of my results

UPDATE:

I put some seeds, harvested a month ago, through the wet paper germination method and 5 out of 5 grew a root. Have put them in soil now to see if they are actually all feminized. (They are from some STS pollen I collected)

They are a Cheese x Kush cross . Who knows how that'll turn out but both parents were good plants and bud.

So it doesn't really answer my question, as they were "aged" a month, and I've found this Kush to be really strong growing, but it seems that seeds are ready to germinate fairly soon after being harvested. (At least under some conditions)

Back
Top Bottom