Can someone identify this for me?

Are you using peroxide or bleach in the water to prevent the roots from getting slimy? That could be why they are turning tan. I mean lack of using bleach or peroxide. Big grow ops use bleach because it is much cheaper.
Interesting. Never heard about the bleach. Is that like 1t per gallon?
I use Hydroguard. At this point the roots are not slimy nor does it smell.
The whole plant seems to be going south, little by little.

20220112_223611.jpg

20220112_223601.jpg

20220112_223549.jpg

20220112_223520.jpg

1ml per 5 gallons of water. If it were me, I would start adding bleach every few days. I would lower the ppm of nutrients to about 800-900 until the plant starts to recover.

Make sure your ph pen is still reading accurately. If you mix the 4 calibration solution with the same amount of the 7 calibration solution, it's ph should be around 5.2.

1ml per 5 gallons of water. If it were me, I would start adding bleach every few days. I would lower the ppm of nutrients to about 800-900 until the plant starts to recover.

Make sure your ph pen is still reading accurately. If you mix the 4 calibration solution with the same amount of the 7 calibration solution, it's ph should be around 5.2.
Bleach is amazing stuff. I know for a fact that if you have fish thats still good but its kinda going, you put a capful of bleach in a bucket of ice water. Add the fish, stirred, not shaken. Drain and pat dry, fresh fish! Got that from the FDA.
Short of shoving that plant deep into the garbage can, ill try the bleach, thanks.

Hey Vas,

Sorry for some reason I never got the notification for your question.

Yes I use a chiller to keep my res temps in check. Personally if your going to be doing rdwc a chiller pays for itself over time.

Bleach will work to keep your roots in check health wise. However, if you go that route, discontinue using the hydroguard. Hydroguard falls under beneficial bacteria, and the bleach will kill it. Long-term if that's the route you pick, get some food grade H202 (and thick rubber gloves!!).

Personally, I've discontinued using bleach, and prefer using beneficial bacteria and fungi. But both methods work, and is more of a preference.

Hey Vas,

Sorry for some reason I never got the notification for your question.

Yes I use a chiller to keep my res temps in check. Personally if your going to be doing rdwc a chiller pays for itself over time.

Bleach will work to keep your roots in check health wise. However, if you go that route, discontinue using the hydroguard. Hydroguard falls under beneficial bacteria, and the bleach will kill it. Long-term if that's the route you pick, get some food grade H202 (and thick rubber gloves!!).

Personally, I've discontinued using bleach, and prefer using beneficial bacteria and fungi. But both methods work, and is more of a preference.
I'm thinking this looks like either a potassium or calcium deficiency. Whats your take?

Ok, im sure people are getting sick of my problem here. This'll be my last post about this plant. If it doesn't get better, im yanking it. (The plant)
I've changed the reservoir water around 4 times in the last couple weeks.
Water temp 71- 74
RH 35-40%
The leaves overall are getting worse.

20220117_034107.jpg

20220117_034102.jpg

20220117_034046.jpg

Ok, im sure people are getting sick of my problem here. This'll be my last post about this plant. If it doesn't get better, im yanking it. (The plant)
Water temp 71- 74
RH 35-40%

20220117_034107.jpg

20220117_034102.jpg

20220117_034046.jpg
No one on hear is sick of hearing about her! We want the best for you and your plants!
I'm sorry that your having troubles still, but don't give up on her yet!

Can you provide exactly what's in your reservoir right now?

Water temp 71- 74
RH 35-40%

20220117_034107.jpg

20220117_034102.jpg

20220117_034046.jpg
Good morning my friend @Vasdef hope you are well today.
No one is fed up with your lady problems.
We all just want you to have a great harvest.
Hope it's not too late for her. :eek:
She can be saved.

Stay safe
Bill

Starting off fresh now. If your not learning from your mistakes, you're not learning!
I should be a genius by now all the mistakes I've made.
The compost pile was a little bigger than I would have liked. :rofl:
Hopefully you will knock the next one out of the park. :thumb:
I have faith in you.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom