Can we trim autos? I see yes and no quoted to the same question

UniqueUserId

So I am on my 3rd grow. First 2 grows went all organic and I happily got 5 plants to maturity in a 1.2M x 1.2M tent. Had trouble getting nutes (discretely) to my location so decided to try using chems and planted 5 Auto Mazar. My problem is that I am at 6 weeks to the day from seed going in soil and these plants are already pressing against the sides of tent just as they are starting to stretch quick (and 1 plant is a small runt so it is really 4 plants taking all the space). This is also making it hard to work with them / move them in the tent. Have done quite a bit of reading but there seems to be no definitive answer, some people say it depends on the strain, others just say no trimming an auto.

While I grow what I consider to be large autos usually dry weight after cure comes in from 4-6oz per plant, I do top, heavy LST and treat them pretty rough I have never seen I'll effects from doing any of that including trimming. One thing you may want to consider is pony tailing them if you need to slow some branches down.

Wow, I'm going to have to add auto mazar to my list of strains to grow. Those are beautiful plants, if more autos grew like that we wouldn't find so many disclaimers all over the web about training.
I also top my auto's, lst, and depending on how well it's growing I will heavily defoliate. It's how I personally rule out what's a good strain to grow.

This is a picture of my blue amnesia auto that I did all 3 to, she ended up being 17in tall and yielded 42g.

420-magazine-mobile600442275.jpg

Back
Top Bottom