Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Hey! Nivek , Greenjeans, long time no see. Im glad you guys are still here👍😊👊. Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth so quickly. Life threw our family a ton of different curveballs over the last few years. Ive been growing the whole time but I just didnt have the time or energy to run another journal. Life is better now though😊. How have you guys been? Nivek are you still just down the coq from me? If so, what a great harvest Autumn this year hey?!!

Thanks Herb👊 Im in Kamloops. It was a phenomenal autumn. Really dry and warm. No frosts. Perfect trichomes at harvest on a massive yielding year😊. I built a 2300 gallon pot and grew a Rose Kush/C99 50/50 Hybrid in it. It was all my saved tubs of used soil mixed with an organic mineral blend and a ton of compost. Every used pot had my home made ewc in it so the mega-pot is teaming with microlife. It worked way way better than I hoped or thought it would so again yes, it was a fantastic outdoor year.

Screenshot_20221007-180020_Signal.jpg

Rose Kush/c99 on the left, Candida CD1/c99 on the right. That was the view from my lawn chair on the upper tier of my yard. The plants were planted 2 tiers below in the megapot. The Rose was an 8' tall 8'x9' scrog and the CD1 was a 9.5' tall 8-armed tree. My trimming fingers are a wee bit worn out lol. They both ripened on the same day😓

Screenshot_20221007-180020_Signal.jpg

Rose Kush/c99 on the left, Candida CD1/c99 on the right. That was the view from my lawn chair on the upper tier of my yard. The plants were planted 2 tiers below in the megapot. The Rose was an 8' tall 8'x9' scrog and the CD1 was a 9.5' tall 8-armed tree. My trimming fingers are a wee bit worn out lol. They both ripened on the same day😓
Looks amazing well done sir!

Thanks Herb. How did your harvest go? Did you get any outdoor plants grown this year?
I had a nice lil grow outside harvest went good was a seed production run of one of my strains so I let mother nature handle most of that grow with me checking in on them every so often still came away with a few onces of nice bud for making hash and plenty of seeds.

I had a nice lil grow outside harvest went good was a seed production run of one of my strains so I let mother nature handle most of that grow with me checking in on them every so often still came away with a few onces of nice bud for making hash and plenty of seeds.
I did my 1st ever seed run last year. I didnt quite think it thru tho. I hunted phenos of c99 in the tent until I found a nice male, then I cut a clone and planted it in my yard between my 3 chosen females. It worked really well. Except.... The pollen got into the house, thru the a/c, and down into my grow tent. A c99 durban cross is likely a great strain but I ended up with 9 beauty durban females all loaded with seeds😓. Doh!!

I did my 1st ever seed run last year. I didnt quite think it thru tho. I hunted phenos of c99 in the tent until I found a nice male, then I cut a clone and planted it in my yard between my 3 chosen females. It worked really well. Except.... The pollen got into the house, thru the a/c, and down into my grow tent. A c99 durban cross is likely a great strain but I ended up with 9 beauty durban females all loaded with seeds😓. Doh!!
Ouch!... Well atleast it's a nice cross of genetics plus you can salvage those 9 ladies by hashing or rosin pressing after you de-seed them next time you try another seed run.

Ouch!... Well atleast it's a nice cross of genetics plus you can salvage those 9 ladies by hashing or rosin pressing after you de-seed them next time you try another seed run.
Yeah live and learn. I picked out a handful of nice beans and fed it all to the worm farm.

Yeah live and learn. I picked out a handful of nice beans and fed it all to the worm farm.
Next time if that happens let me know I'll be happy to give the unwanted seeds a home.. Their like jello always room for more! Lol😉

Next time if that happens let me know I'll be happy to give the unwanted seeds a home.. Their like jello always room for more! Lol😉
On that topic, well sort of anyways, I find the best part of legalization is that I can legally mail all my extra weed to all my buddies. What a great country. We have a weed exchange of sorts going so every time I get a parcel now its way better than Amazon!

Bud exchange would sure take the pixels out off it!. I only use rosin ........ over the hill and need to limit my amount of combustion. Home growing is only a perk to the legalized use of cannabis. A new regime could nix it in a heartbeat. Smokers have some clout, not so much growers. I'd have to look it up but one of the American States is not permitting gifting. Conservative Senators have actually consulted Jeff Sessions over drug policy, I wonder what there takeaway was on that. I never understood capitalism (or gave a shit ) how it worked but observed it over cannabis legalization, growing my own cheaply doesn't fit into the profit margins. Maybe I don't have much faith in legalization and most likely from having to wade through an awfull pile of horse shit to get this far.
:thumb:

It worked well in Canada for home growers. Canada Post even has a guidline section on how to "share" thru the mail. Its not as friendly to the commercial side as its a long regulatory process and commercial weed has some really strict quality controls but for home growers its fantastic. You are allowed 30 grams possession away from your residence and a kilo at home of dried flower. 4 plants per household and they must be grown "not plainly visible" to the public. But again, the best part in my opinion is that I can legally mail my friends up to an ounce and more to the point, they can mail it to me as well. Its awesome. If a buddy sends me some weed that isnt right for me I just pass it along. Now we even plan our grows so we arent growing the same strains.

Hey! Nivek , Greenjeans, long time no see. Im glad you guys are still here👍😊👊. Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth so quickly. Life threw our family a ton of different curveballs over the last few years. Ive been growing the whole time but I just didnt have the time or energy to run another journal. Life is better now though😊. How have you guys been? Nivek are you still just down the coq from me? If so, what a great harvest Autumn this year hey?!!

yes, apparently i am still just down the coq,, and yes again,, what a grow season outdoors,, my plants were documented in this thread a few days back,, quite a haul of weed indeed,,

and now,, SNOW,, ewwwww

Back
Top Bottom