Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I hope everyone of my canna buddies had a great Christmas and will have a wonderful New Year. I spent the last two weeks in Calgary visiting my son and his wife for Christmas, great time with his in-laws and friends. He showed me the dried cannabis plant he grew from my seeds I sent him a couple years ago. The semilla plant had many nice buds and looking at it and vaping it I would say it was mostly African sativa with a smidgeon of indica from Afghanistan. I sent him several seeds but he wasn't sure which ones they were that he planted. (Check out the pics from October). I vaped a large bud with one of my son's friends and it had a super clear sativa high which is amazing considering it was grown in Calgary, not a particularly warm area after September 1st. But as we all know last year was exceptional for the long autumn and it's likely lots of places in western Canada were perfect for growing good cannabis. The high I would describe as really clear, clean and perfect for conversation and intellectual persuits. It lasted about three hours, or perhaps longer but I went to bed and fell asleep, so it might have gone on longer. My son's friend really enjoyed it.

It's funny - I always wanted to grow a pure sativa in Canada, , that would mature outside- my dream , but so far I have to admit it's difficult to do that without the addition of some Indica genes, so this is the next best thing. Also, I have to admit I can't really see much difference between the effects of pure sativa plants and those with a small portion of indica in it which is good news. Now I'm going to concentrate on developing even faster maturing plants from all my hybrids. In my collection I have seeds from landraces around the world, so I still have lots to experiment with, including pure South African varieties I've yet to try, from India, the Himalayas, and one from New Caledonia in the South Pacific. They are longer-maturing varieties so I'll have to cross those with earlier varieties. I feel like a mad scientist who can't keep from experimenting. It makes my life interesting. My best to all my friends, Happy New Year!

IMG_20221221_082117.jpg

IMG_20221230_135535.jpg

IMG_20221230_135558.jpg

Sucked for me. I have to eat a a special diet so I don't get stomach blockages. Hernia repairs suck when you get older and I have to deal with it. Falling off over Christmas got me last night. Back with the living today and should have wind back in my sails by tomorrow. I never waked and baked this mornings, it gets that bad. :laughtwo:

Happy New Year w-weed decoration.jpeg

All the best to you and your families in 2023!

:passitleft:

2 315s or a double ended? Either way it's a tent filler. I'm hoping the local shop has a de air cooled hood, the cold just isn't happening.

air cooled hood has glass plate stops reduces the light .. i think the batt wing is all u need .. add more fans
and or big exhaust venting .. to bad u didnt try the cmh system out..

2 315s or a double ended? Either way it's a tent filler. I'm hoping the local shop has a de air cooled hood, the cold just isn't happening.

not sure who your asking.. thats a double end 630 watt cmh with batt wing reflector.. in the picture..

its in the 5x5 tent with 1680 d .. 25 watts per sq ft .. bit low. but will grow some good weed..
will add some led lighting when a bit bigger..

air cooled hood has glass plate stops reduces the light .. i think the batt wing is all u need .. add more fans
and or big exhaust venting .. to bad u didnt try the cmh system out..
I have Hortilux 1000 watt ceramic hps, it's a beast. Problem is only a few ballast are compatible with them. All know is Liebig's law of the minimum can cripple the best of them.

I hope everyone of my canna buddies had a great Christmas and will have a wonderful New Year. I spent the last two weeks in Calgary visiting my son and his wife for Christmas, great time with his in-laws and friends. He showed me the dried cannabis plant he grew from my seeds I sent him a couple years ago. The semilla plant had many nice buds and looking at it and vaping it I would say it was mostly African sativa with a smidgeon of indica from Afghanistan. I sent him several seeds but he wasn't sure which ones they were that he planted. (Check out the pics from October). I vaped a large bud with one of my son's friends and it had a super clear sativa high which is amazing considering it was grown in Calgary, not a particularly warm area after September 1st. But as we all know last year was exceptional for the long autumn and it's likely lots of places in western Canada were perfect for growing good cannabis. The high I would describe as really clear, clean and perfect for conversation and intellectual persuits. It lasted about three hours, or perhaps longer but I went to bed and fell asleep, so it might have gone on longer. My son's friend really enjoyed it.

It's funny - I always wanted to grow a pure sativa in Canada, , that would mature outside- my dream , but so far I have to admit it's difficult to do that without the addition of some Indica genes, so this is the next best thing. Also, I have to admit I can't really see much difference between the effects of pure sativa plants and those with a small portion of indica in it which is good news. Now I'm going to concentrate on developing even faster maturing plants from all my hybrids. In my collection I have seeds from landraces around the world, so I still have lots to experiment with, including pure South African varieties I've yet to try, from India, the Himalayas, and one from New Caledonia in the South Pacific. They are longer-maturing varieties so I'll have to cross those with earlier varieties. I feel like a mad scientist who can't keep from experimenting. It makes my life interesting. My best to all my friends, Happy New Year!

IMG_20221221_082117.jpg

IMG_20221230_135535.jpg

IMG_20221230_135558.jpg
That's ambitious ..... bigly! I can offer up good ground and the manpower! You can do the easy stuff like legal and financial and moving to back to NS. We can get Av Singh to give us some input, he lives not far from where your from. :)

Get a light rail so you can move the cmh back and forth, and a pair of welding goggles!

light rails .. lol.. no room in my tent.. i think you are better off adding a new light vs a light rail to move existing light around.. u need more light not a light mover..

i got plenty of light in my tent 50.40 watts per sq ft.. 1260/25.. maybe a bit to much..

Back
Top Bottom