Canadian Growers Group & Friends

On my way to give my dehumidifier a big hug! Unseasonably warm here so this is what I get. Less than an 1/8 of a mile visibility, yesterday was worse and hangs till near noon. Shitty plant count doesn't allow me to find autos to be happy with. Glad you guys are getting something! I'm just about finished wasting my resources growing fusarium or whatever. Most peoples outdoor failed here so lots of company this winter. :laughtwo:

20230930_073453.jpg

Same weather here yesterday in central Newfoundland. Yuck.

IMG_4606.jpeg

I do to but they are so expensive now and I’m poor and new charcoal is relatively cheap. I can order it from ac infinity but was looking for somewhere Canadian.
Make more or reactivate what you have, just soak in diluted hydrochloric acid (muriatic). & rinse
You have some in your stomach acid
It opens up the pores in charcoal to make it activated

Sposed to be 24 today in sunny kelowna. Sheesh.

This critical purple kush is benefiting greatly indeed

Enjoy life folks

20231008_105440.jpg

Sounds great. How much dilution is required?
You can use a number of acids
About 10% muriatic acid to a gal water should do it over night
Also 25% calcium chloride or zinc chloride solution
Bleach or lemon juice
Rinse well with clean water

Any of my fellow Canadian gardeners have any luck finding Activated Charcoal for refilling inline exhaust filters in Canada?
Hey Charlie ..If all else fails, Do you have an open air firepit in your yard ... If you do you can burn some wood in a metal container creating activated charcoal and then crush it up and pour it into your filter replacing the old charcoal with new fresh stuff you just created.

My plants are falling down! Unintended consequence of planting way bellow a cuttings crown i think? Best thing is digging into my stash and finding a 5 pack I thaught I never had!!!!

20231002_081441.jpg

20231002_081748_resized.jpg
I'm beginning to think my plant might be a creeper pheno. It's upright when small but heads for the ground with any size. Buds really nosedive! The upright bud will fall over with a little nudge :laughtwo:. I don't have to worry about smell, good thing, my yard reeks! Hope everyone is having a great Thanks giving!

20231009_093053.jpg

20231009_094621_resized.jpg

Hey Charlie ..If all else fails, Do you have an open air firepit in your yard ... If you do you can burn some wood in a metal container creating activated charcoal and then crush it up and pour it into your filter replacing the old charcoal with new fresh stuff you just created.
Burning it doesn't activate it, you still need to open the pores with the acid
Just plain charcoal will still absorb just not as much
Nut shells in a metal can, in the fire makes nice charcoal

i highly recommend a new filter

what a bloody mess ... no way u can make like to new..

ps filters on sale at grow lights canada right now
Come on DD lol!... Where is your sense of adventure nothing wrong with a lil mess, not everyone can afford to buy new hence the original post Mr. waffles was looking for a cheaper way to source activated charcoal in Canada so I suggested a method that he could make his own charcoal and not have to rely on a store to obtain it. Also thanks Joe Brewster I forgot about saying to add in an acid to activate it. 👊

Come on DD lol!... Where is your sense of adventure nothing wrong with a lil mess, not everyone can afford to buy new hence the original post Mr. waffles was looking for a cheaper way to source activated charcoal in Canada so I suggested a method that he could make his own charcoal and not have to rely on a store to obtain it. Also thanks Joe Brewster I forgot about saying to add in an acid to activate it. 👊

Just order up a brand new filter ;) only 69.00 dollars for a 16 x 6 inch filter on sale now!!

show us your mess with some pictures...

go ahead pal

Just order up a brand new filter ;) only 69.00 dollars for a 16 x 6 inch filter on sale now!!

go ahead pal
Sorry DD no mess to show ... I'm not the one needing new activated charcoal at this time but in the future if I need some II'll be sure to take some photos for ya when I make my own if there is a mess to show lol ... 69 bucks now that's actually pretty cheap wonder how long it will last till you need to replace that filter? Although we never did ask Mr. waffles what size filter he needed filled that one on sale might be too small for his needs.

go ahead pal

Def a good deal, no arguments. But $69 u.s. that’s like $333 Canadian. I have 3 filters I’d like to refill or replace so that’s $999 Canadian lol. But seriously, not everyone on here has money to burn. To me personally, $69 x 3 = money I don’t really have to waste, in Canadian or American dollars. If I could get some new charcoal for less than $100 and refill my three 6” inline filters, I’ll take a bit of mess thank you. I grow to save money because buying at the dispensary is a fortune. Hence the reason for my original question.
:ganjamon:

Sorry DD no mess to show ... I'm not the one needing new activated charcoal at this time but in the future if I need some II'll be sure to take some photos for ya when I make my own if there is a mess to show lol ... 69 bucks now that's actually pretty cheap wonder how long it will last till you need to replace that filter? Although we never did ask Mr. waffles what size filter he needed filled that one on sale might be too small for his needs.

they have bigger filters :)

Back
Top Bottom