Canna A + B v Nutrients

Dobeyflange

I’m using Canna A+B in my 4 plants.
I use 40ml of each in 10 litres of water (I think that’s about 5 gallons)
I’m currently feeding them just over 1 litre each once a day (I changed from watering every 2/3 days).
Tha is all I am giving them,no extras at all.
It’s my first grow and I’m doing it the way I’m being shown,but the more I read and see on here and YouTube the more I’m thinking I might need to start using extra nutes.
I’m putting them into flower tomorrow so it’s probably too late to start messing with them and I’ll stick to my mates advice for this grow but I think I’ll start looking into using nutes.
Scrogging has also interested me too, the yields look so good when it’s done properly.
My plants are looking very healthy but I’m just trying to stay ahead of the game and plan for my next one.
So what’s the verdict?
Thanks in advance.

DF

10 liters is s little more than 2-1/2 US gallons.

I'd get a grow with the basics completed before adding supplements, especially if you are considering mixing and matching manufacturers.

A SCRoG is a good way to grow in limited height spaces. If your space is less than five feet or 150cm tall, it may be your only choice. It is not a good choice for large spaces, as you need easy access to the entire screen for training. Two feet (60cm) by whatever length is a reasonable size. You can implement it in larger spaces if you can access both the front and back of the screen. A SCRoG is also probably the most labor intensive method of growing.

10 liters is s little more than 2-1/2 US gallons.

I'd get a grow with the basics completed before adding supplements, especially if you are considering mixing and matching manufacturers.

A SCRoG is a good way to grow in limited height spaces. If your space is less than five feet or 150cm tall, it may be your only choice. It is not a good choice for large spaces, as you need easy access to the entire screen for training. Two feet (60cm) by whatever length is a reasonable size. You can implement it in larger spaces if you can access both the front and back of the screen. A SCRoG is also probably the most labor intensive method of growing.
Thank you.
I won’t be tampering with anything on this grow but I’m worried that the a+b might not be enough?
I don’t know why,the plants are looking great.
It’s always worth asking the question.

Attachments

• 30E7F343-378A-4EC4-B0D5-3772935A6CD7.jpeg
    30E7F343-378A-4EC4-B0D5-3772935A6CD7.jpeg
    778.8 KB · Views: 144
My plants are looking very healthy but I’m just trying to stay ahead of the game and plan for my next one.

If they are looking good why mess with it? As probably much better odds at making them worse than any better, as it sounds like you already have a mentor that has a feel for growing them. I mean one can try to improve or add more stuff to the equation but risk the "learn the hard way" too, I'm just one of those "less is more" kind of folks and try to use the least amount of chemicals possible.

You'll find that half the things you see people use are basically snake oils mate. Some do make a big difference, like root enzymes and such like. some additives make a small difference and many others make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

A lot of the time people simply don't understand what they're using.
For instance, at least 90% of people on this site and every other canna site, will swear that you need to add calmag from day 1 or your crop will die.
Pretty sure you just said you haven't been using that and you'd think that 90% of people can't be wrong but here we are. About to go into bloom, no calmag in site and your plants look about as healthy as plants can be.
Take everything with a pinch of salt mate. The only things you actually need for a successful grow is a/b to grow them and a pk booster to help them pack on weight once the buds form. You might find that you need some calmag shortly but just depends on what's in that ab already and what's in your water.

You'll find that half the things you see people use are basically snake oils mate. Some do make a big difference, like root enzymes and such like. some additives make a small difference and many others make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

A lot of the time people simply don't understand what they're using.
For instance, at least 90% of people on this site and every other canna site, will swear that you need to add calmag from day 1 or your crop will die.
Pretty sure you just said you haven't been using that and you'd think that 90% of people can't be wrong but here we are. About to go into bloom, no calmag in site and your plants look about as healthy as plants can be.
Take everything with a pinch of salt mate. The only things you actually need for a successful grow is a/b to grow them and a pk booster to help them pack on weight once the buds form. You might find that you need some calmag shortly but just depends on what's in that ab already and what's in your water.
I’ve used nothing but a+b and good old Scottish water.
What’s pk booster?

If they are looking good why mess with it? As probably much better odds at making them worse than any better, as it sounds like you already have a mentor that has a feel for growing them. I mean one can try to improve or add more stuff to the equation but risk the "learn the hard way" too, I'm just one of those "less is more" kind of folks and try to use the least amount of chemicals possible.
Thanks man, you’re spot on.
More chance of blowing the whole thing.
I’m just being over cautious.

Thanks man, you’re spot on.
More chance of blowing the whole thing.
I’m just being over cautious.

I've always been the rather have 2 zips of quality stuff than 4 zips of stuff that tastes like crap and gives me a headache. More "quantity" can be better granted but it's not always the case, as plenty of threads from folks that have stuff that smells/tastes like smoking lawn clippings ;) :rofl: One of them "if it ain't broke then don't screw with it as it will be broke then" kind of things I learned being a Millwright, and the old "looks can be deceiving" sometimes.

I’ve used nothing but a+b and good old Scottish water.
What’s pk booster?
PK is Phosperous and potassium mate. Helps the buds pack on weight. Can probably grow without that aswell if you want to but can't say I'd advise it. Really makes the buds swell up and gets em nice n dense. Only need it for a couple weeks towards the end.
Canny beat the Scottish tap water too! Where you from bud? I'm in Edinburgh these days. Originally a teuchter but don't tell anyone lol.

Small amount mate. A litre bottle will last you a few crops. I've used the canna range before and their pk 13/14 is good. Cheap too. Once the buds are formed and look like buds, about 4-5 weeks after the flip you'd use it for 2-3 weeks then cut it for the last 2 weeks while they finish up.
That's my method anyway. As with all things canna you'll find different people use it a bit differently.
I rarely advise full strength anything but I always use PK at whatever the bottle says. Only got a couple weeks to get the use out of it so no point trying to save nutes. The tips will burn pretty quickly if it's too much. If that happens then back off soon as you see it and you won't get any issues. Never burnt any of mine at full strength though. Even the really small ones have all reacted well to it.

If your using Canna brand product's, then you should try and stick to their plan until you get a feel for things.

Have you looked at the Canna feed chart? It's pretty helpful and will guide you on how much and when.

Take a look at this - Grow Guide | CANNA Gardening USA

Back
Top Bottom