Canna Boost stinks of rotten egg

Sulphur and sulphur compounds are notorious for smelling like "rotten eggs".

I used Google and typed in "Canna Boost ingredients". According to the company website for the product it contains Sulphur and is shown as a major ingredient.
I no it contains sulphur its just never smelt like this i used it last about 7 weeks ago do u think the older it is the more the sulphur will smell it made me heave its that bad ive ordered more better to be safe than sorry

smell it made me heave its that bad ive ordered more better to be safe than sorry
Is sounds like whatever they use to stabilize the stuff went bad. I read their web page real fast and they mention that it is made with a lot of organics. If it smells that bad that you felt sick it has to be rotting.

Had the same sort of thing happen to me with a bottle of a liquid seaweed. I can still smell the usual smell that I get when I open a new bottle. But, there is a new smell that gets stronger every time I check which smells like rotting leaves & grass clippings will when they are allowed to stay soaking wet and decompose without enough oxygen. I ended up buying a new bottle already.

I use shogun boost and same thing.
Pretty bad in tanks/res after awhile.
They bought out an active one for this reason which is hydro tube friendly / not so smelly.
I have found the newer the batch number the worse the smell can be with what i use.
;)

I use shogun boost and same thing.
Pretty bad in tanks/res after awhile.
They bought out an active one for this reason which is hydro tube friendly / not so smelly.
I have found the newer the batch number the worse the smell can be with what i use.
;)
By the sound's of agedmaster's message the Boost he has is smelling worse by the week. I get the feeling it is more than just the sulphur making it smell like rotten eggs. His might be rotting in the bottle.

By the sound's of agedmaster's message the Boost he has is smelling worse by the week. I get the feeling it is more than just the sulphur making it smell like rotten eggs. His might be rotting in the bottle.
Ye understand but canna and shogun might as well be the same thing my friend from whats in them.
And after using shogun for a few years not canna its normal for the smell to be bad even get worse the more its exposed to air.That being said might well be off just cant see it myself the smell is always there.Again this is shogun
and it always smells rotten maybe @VetSmoke85 can also explain how smelly the shogun one is I know hes used it. Just something that smells rotten smelling alittle more rotten would not make me think its of first.
Maybe stored in a hot ish place hence it smelling little ripe than the norm.
:)

Ye understand but canna and shogun might as well be the same thing my friend from whats in them.
And after using shogun for a few years not canna its normal for the smell to be bad even get worse the more its exposed to air.That being said might well be off just cant see it myself the smell is always there.Again this is shogun
and it always smells rotten maybe @VetSmoke85 can also explain how smelly the shogun one is I know hes used it. Just something that smells rotten smelling alittle more rotten would not make me think its of first.
Maybe stored in a hot ish place hence it smelling little ripe than the norm.
:)
I'm gonna have to sniff it tomorrow. I haven't noticed anything but I have a notoriously bad sense of smell. 🤣 Only one of my nostrils is open most of the time. 😂

The smell is probably hydrogen sulfide, which in low concentrations is good for root growth. High concentrations are toxic to plants (and humans), but hydrogen sulfide is one of the few things humans can smell in the parts per billion range. Way before it got to toxic levels a human would be wretching and gagging!

when i first get canna boost it smells fine i think its off as some of it stays stuck to the bottle no matter how hard i shake it and the smell is unreal ive used shogun nutes with canna just not the boost i will try there boost next time as ive ordered more canna it arrives today thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom