Cannabahashed Noob First Grow.

Deftera420

Hello to all.

This is my first ever go at a grow, since a friend gave me a few DVD videos made by the legend Jorge Cervantes, I have been obsessed with the idea of it all and how simple it could be to achieve. A few DVDs later and a shit load of studying, I started to get an idea of what I would like to grow and how I would like to grow it but, I'm on a tight budget so most of my efforts will be DIY and cost effective, also, I'm still a noob, and noobs tend to fuck up at times, however able and competent they may be, so that is why I decided to post this journal, in the hope that the gardening gods would watch, take pity on me as I make stupid mistakes throughout my grow and bless me with their input of knowledge, wisdom and occasional put downs for being stupid lol!

First of all I had to consider how many plants I wanted to grow in respect of the current Uk law which states that if you are found to be cultivating 9 plants or under and do not have any links with organised crime then you will most likely be given a class c fine.... n that's fine by me but, I'm not sure how it would work if I wanted to grow 9 plants and possibly take clones from one or two of those plants, would however many clones I've taken and rooted be counted in the final plant count at the end of a police raid on my grow op?

My plan..

Seeds: Double Berry feminized
Genetics: northern lights/sweet tooth

Lights:
600 Watt Proxima Ballast (for use with both high pressure sodium and metal halide grow lamps)
Lumii Sunblaster 600Watt Spectrum adjusted lamp (mostly in the red area of light levels but with slight raised blue levels for vegetative growth)

The complete light system was cheap and cheerful at only £69.99 for the ballast, light fixture, budget reflector and grow lamp, the choice of bulb was not up to me as this was only what I was given with the deal but I don't think I will use this bulb for vegetative stage even with it's raised blue light levels, I'm not sure this unique feature is even of any use, should I just buy a metal halide lamp seeing as I already have a ballast to use it with? I might have just answered that my self but any input is welcome.

Soil mix:
1/3 Peat moss
1/3 Vermiculite
1/3 perlite

I like the idea of using an almost nutrient free medium and being in complete control of the all nutrients given to my plants, this also seems like the most fool proof way of doing it in my eyes, simply because it seems like too much hassle to calculate nutrients that I must give to my plants weighed up against what they are already getting from the soil. I'm pretty sure I want to go with non organic nutrients just for perfection in measuring for application, feedback on this method being ok for a noob to try would be much appreciated.

My grow room had to be big enough for my 9 dream plants to thrive and for this I was willing to give up just over half of my bedroom space. I started by building a frame with sides measuring 215cm X 215cm and 220cm height, my bedroom walls and ceiling are solid and so without a hammer drill, I just secured it straight to the floor boards and into the joists. I lined the inside of the frame with black out plastic which I got pretty cheap but slightly under estimated the amount I would need as the floor was meant to be covered also.

With the light on and the door open.
IMG_030724.JPG

IMG_030922.JPG

Fitted a CPU fan to the tubing I got my blackout plastic delivered in, perfect for and extraction outlet.
IMG_032127.JPG

IMG_031325.JPG

IMG_031618.JPG

Obviously I'm not quite finished as I have no door yet
IMG_032522.JPG

IMG_033227.JPG

IMG_029824.JPG

IMG_029416.JPG

IMG_029723.JPG

IMG_028731.JPG

IMG_025931.JPG

The ballast and a power supply for 2x 12cm PC fans with speed adjustment control sit outside the box
IMG_026529.JPG

IMG_025331.JPG

More to ad to this soon, should be ready to germinate in a couple of weeks :peace:

I like the setup, nice grow space you have there.
How do you plan to power the PC fans?
May you and your 9 plants flourish....
Keep posting the pics throughout the progress of the grow.
Just anxious to see how they do.

Hi cylent1, thanks for the show of support.

You will see in my pics that I have a my ballast outside the box, and the silver box next to that is the PC Power supply I use to power the fans, they connect straight to the power supply using molex connections, very handy things to have kicking around the house.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom