Cannabis and Pregnancy

melly_mel

i researched online and i got different info from
marijuana causing death to the use of cannabis helping
the pregnancy...

i just found out that i have a little one on the way..
i stopped smoking bc of fear of the effects on my baby...
but i would like to find out if marijuana really has harmfull
effects or not... any info will be greatly appreciated :]

thank you

Re: cannabis and pregnant

the pregnancy...

thank you

I would not consume anything while pregnant without asking your physician first. And congrats!

since 12,000BC, there has never been one documented case of Cannabis death, ever...
there are many studies NOT funded by the government's reefer madness machine...
have you used the search feature here yet?
if you do find it is okay to consume small amounts of Cannabis during pregnancy, i would HIGHly suggest you do it in vapor form, to eliminate the risk of introducing tars and carcinogens to the baby...
as far as i know, Cannabis only kills dead cells that can become cancerous, and i do not think there are dead cells in a brand new baby developing...
but i am no doctor and you really need to do your homework on this one to be 420% positive...
the problem with that is you will not always know who funded what studies that you are reading...
yet one more reason why we do what we do, spreading the truth and discrediting the misinformation...
i wish you luck in your mission and congratulate you on your new forming addition...;)
love and respect.

My mom smoked when she was prgnant with me...Im fine.
My girl smoked very rarely when she was pregnant...Kids fine.

Weed wont harm your baby, its everyhing else you need to worry about.

thank you everyone for the feedback... i trully appreciate it !!!
ive been doing some research and its true.. i have no idea who funded the studies
and/or if the neg. is just refer madness...
i shall do some more research on the subject and try to talk to a few doctors..
even tho i feel smoking cannabis is harmless, id rather know 100 percent nothing will effect the baby...

if you guys find any other good info.. id greatly appreciate it...

again thank you for all the replies... :D

<3

Along with the question of the degree of risk that smoking while pregnant presents, one should also ask the complimentary question of the degree of benefit. (And who benefits, mom or the baby)

If the risk/benefit ratio indicates that smoking is a good idea, take the appropriate action.

Also, your pregnancy is unique, you should ask your doctor how herb effects your individual situation.

VERY GOOD POINT.

i also found that for many many many years... cannabis has been used during
labor to help both the mother and baby. supposedly it speeds up the process so your
time in labor is shortened...

i honestly enjoy smoking.
well obviously.. lol
but if it puts my baby in danger of course without a doubt
i wont smoke. but if it is completely harmless
and or benefits, i will def. buy a vaporizer...
but until i then... no ganja for me....
i havent smoked since i found out...

but you are right i do need to talk to my doctor about it.
i just dont want some bs refer madness to come out of his mouth UNLESS it is the truth

again thanks for the responses !

and if anyone else has some good websites or
anything please let me know... THANKS!

you can go here and watch this....

Cannabis Use and Pregnancy

I would say that it really is your call....I myself may not do it when I get preggers....but if I have really bad morning sickness I might vape it every now and then just to get past that...but at the moment I am planning on not using it at all or once or 2.

thank you !!!

great info.. :D
esp. that video... learned sooo much...
im about a month and a half now... and the nuasea has taken a toll on me
im investing in a vape :]
but i would still love to here more and more from everyone !!
i have not yet discussed with my doctor...
but i have an appt. on the 5th... see what he says.....

again thank you everyone !
anymore thoughts are greatly appreciated !

Congratulations!

One other thing you might want to learn is whether the hospital will drug test your infant at birth. Also check to see if child protection laws require your doctor to report if the baby tests positive for mj.

question with eating..

my tummy is very sensitive to what i eat...
i just don't want it to upset my tummy bc i gotta digest it...
i guess i can try and see what happens... thanks for the suggesting 420 kitchen!

:]

the pregnancy...

thank you

ok i am a mommy but no i did not smoke while i was with child however my sister did and my niece truned out just fine why i dont know cus like you i thought it would kill his brian cells b4 for they were ever delevoped but my sister said "how can you kill something thats not there" i hated her for smokin while carrin my princess but she truned out just fine and if your the daddy you can indee smoke just try not smokin around the wifey she might go pregosphyo on you and want to smoke too ... lol i did and my man never smoke around me again lol

Marijuana and pregnancy

I recently found out i am pregnant and im wondering if it would hurt the baby if i smoked during these nine months?any personal experiences good or bad please let me know.thanks!

Re: Marijuana and pregnancy

I'm pretty sure it has shown to have no affect on pregnancy. I would think that smoking anything while pregnant would not be good but maybe I'm wrong I'm sure it wouldn't be much worse than eating unhealthy or really anything. I would think getting a vaporizer would be great but again I don't know if smoking really does anything anyway. Oh yea...
Congratulations ;)

Any smoke inhaled by the mother can and does reach the baby in a number of ways, eating it is the same, mixing with tobacco even worse. I have 3 children and have researched some of the doctors/midwives cooky claims, most of them were true. It hasn't been directly linked to birth defects, but the carbon monoxide from any type of smoke is believed to cause respiratory problems in the baby, sometimes later in life. My advice would be to research it for yourself. I feel for you if you decide to give it amiss for the duration of your pregnancy, I would like to believe were I a woman that I would. Having said that, the mother of my kids smoked cigarettes heavily and pot, our youngest has mild asthma which affects him rarely, aside from that they're unaffected. Hope that helps.

Congrats! I haven't actually heard whether or not it harms the baby. I have 3 children of my own. The first child (my son) I didn't even smoke cigarettes with. My 2nd (daughter) I wasn't aware that I was pregnant and only smoked marijuana once) and my 3rd (another girl) I smoked a few times early on in the pregnancy and all 3 of them are healthy. Well aside from my son taking meds for ADHD....and he's the one that I didn't even smoke cigarettes with! So I'd say just google that sh*t.

Back
Top Bottom