Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hello all,

Like tptb73 I'm pretty confused.

Cajuncelt can you please expand on this:

I've been following this thread since last September and have grown 4 plants and will be able to get my 60 grams of good quality oil for Daytime and night time use.

I must say the last week or so has been fairly depressing overall. Here I was, confident that once I learnt to tack properly I'd be on the road to recovery from my stage 4 prostate cancer, which is currently being treated with Lucrin -the hormone treatment, which is keeping the cancer at bay.

I'm aware that obviously the tacking/swallowing/suppositories will not work for everyone, but every one of us wants to be the next Dennis Hill, and beat this bastard, but now I need some guidance from you most knowledgeable folk here, as to which road to take.

Do I learn to tack and follow that course, or go the ingesting method?

I must say how wonderful I think all you folk are to spend your valuable time helping us newbies. I wish everyone here all the best health possible.

Cheers, Nobby

I am not an expert (I haven't even made my 1st batch of oil. Need a little more cure first), but I believe from what I have read, the best route is both tacking and ingesting. Tacking will also help offset the "high" that you would normally get from just ingesting. Please jump in and correct me if I have this wrong. :peace:

I am not an expert (I haven't even made my 1st batch of oil. Need a little more cure first), but I believe from what I have read, the best route is both tacking and ingesting. Tacking will also help offset the "high" that you would normally get from just ingesting. Please jump in and correct me if I have this wrong. :peace:

My wife is currently taking a gram per day in three separate doses. What we are doing now is weighing out a third of a gram of oil into a capsule, then, when it's time to dose, we dry her gums, squeeze about a quarter grain of rice worth on her finger, she tacks thst, then 15 minutes later she swallows the rest of the capsule. This method has NOT reduced her high at all. If anything, it's had the opposite effect.

I am baffled by this thread also. It seems that, before, it was some big thread about "curing" cancer with RSO via tacking, but since I jumped on board, it seems to have changed to a thread where no one really has had much experience with anything, and those few who have are reluctant to give details.

Thanks RSOiler!

This is probably a good point to start a reference thread so everyone gets a clearer picture.
I've Stage 4 cancer & have used oil in some form for several years.
Motoco & I were on another place when we met several years ago. There was a lot of misinfo about how to make the oil (Motoco & I always agreed on the method) & how to take it.
To be clear, no one was "cured" of Stage 4 cancer. I've outlived my diagnosis by 3.5 years but am not cured. Please don't go to an infusion room with 50 people all getting radiation & chemo and then tell them that someone is "cured" of Terminal cancer because the disease hasn't spread in 2 or 3 years. I've been over this. Go do it. You'll never do it again.
I did try tacking exclusively for over 6 months & had several patients do it as well.
My tumors grew & spread by just tacking. I consulted with oncologists from the US, Israel, Spain & Germany as well as pathologist at MD Anderson Hospital. I also consulted with caregivers, survivors, & cannabis friendly physiciansb from all over Canada & the US
Most here know that I was invited by 3 organizations recently to join a panel of speakers to present a medical perspective during/at the recent Cannabis Cup & World Cannabis Week. I met & consulted with many of the pioneers & leading experts in medical marijuana including Rick Simpson's Phoenix Tears folks. They strongly disagree that a mere 100mg of cannabinoids will cure many of the tougher diseases & neither will just using the oil oromucously (tacking).
Your call folks. I'll keep fighting through the thin veil. I want you all to live.

Cajun, could you please let us know where the 100mg cannabinoids statement came from? I am a bit confused by that. Thanks.

My wife is currently taking a gram per day in three separate doses. What we are doing now is weighing out a third of a gram of oil into a capsule, then, when it's time to dose, we dry her gums, squeeze about a quarter grain of rice worth on her finger, she tacks thst, then 15 minutes later she swallows the rest of the capsule. This method has NOT reduced her high at all. If anything, it's had the opposite effect.

I am baffled by this thread also. It seems that, before, it was some big thread about "curing" cancer with RSO via tacking, but since I jumped on board, it seems to have changed to a thread where no one really has had much experience with anything, and those few who have are reluctant to give details.

If tacking has had the opposite effect.......stop doing it. I tack the whole gram with no high at all. Experience. I'm here. Not reluctant.

Please Try with all your strength to calm yourself. This flaying energy is not helpful to the rest of us. Calm persistence wins this war.

You seem to keep forgetting...........we are experimenting. There is a powerful ally that we must learn how to use. No warranty expressed or implied. Sorry. I still love you and your wife and will do all I can to help.:love:

:circle-of-love:

Cajun is in the middle of a move now, but I'm sure he'll be right back. Not reluctant.
Motoco started this thread, but I think he feels like he keeps repeating himself. Not reluctant.

Cancer is baffling, not this thread. Peace/in.:love:

Cajun, could you please let us know where the 100mg cannabinoids statement came from? I am a bit confused by that. Thanks.

Not Cajun, but give me a crack at this....

He was saying that the Rick Simpson people thought you had to eat the gram and that tacking did little if anything.

He was saying they disagree with Motoco's tacking protocol.

They can disagree all they want........I tack one gram a day and do not get high.......The protocol says this is the way to use RSO without the high.

It may not "cure" my cancer, but I attest to the fact that I do not get high, euphoric, stoned, etc., from tacking the canna oil. I've tried!!!

Forget the 100mg amount. Not pertinent.

If tacking has had the opposite effect.......stop doing it. I tack the whole gram with no high at all. Experience. I'm here. Not reluctant.

Please Try with all your strength to calm yourself. This flaying energy is not helpful to the rest of us. Calm persistence wins this war.

You seem to keep forgetting...........we are experimenting. There is a powerful ally that we must learn how to use. No warranty expressed or implied. Sorry. I still love you and your wife and will do all I can to help.:love:

Cajun is in the middle of a move now, but I'm sure he'll be right back. Not reluctant.
Motoco started this thread, but I think he feels like he keeps repeating himself. Not reluctant.

Cancer is baffling, not this thread. Peace/in.:love:

Hmmm, sorry if my post came across as excited and with "flaying energy". I just re-read it, and it appears to me that I was simply and calmly stating my observations.

When I said "reluctant", I obviously wasn't referring to people like you who have so graciously been taking the time to share their experiences, and who I have been profusely thanking throughout my posts. I was speaking of those who have done the treatment successfully, but won't talk about it.

Thats good to hear that Cajun may be back to provide details.

My point was simply that it's as if we all seem to be starting from scratch here. Perhaps, between all of us here, we can develop a workable protocol that will save lives in the future. I was just surprised that after this thread has extended to 95 pages, very little progress has been made.

Well I have read almost this entire post and I am feeling a bit empowered that I can feel better soon.

I Suffer from degenerative bone loss in my neck and lower back, cluster headaches, chronic pain along with hyper tension.

I am on multiple meds but have been eating some canna edibles the last couple months (I don't smoke it because if I cough the pain is unbearable) and they have helped more then my meds.
I am going to be buying a MB2e and some herb this weekend and was planning on making butter and tincture to make my own edibles but thinkinking oil might be the way to go.

In canada we are only allowed up to 2oz dry herb a month (with card) and not sure if this would be enough for oil.

I am desperate to find something that will help, I can't sleep more then a couple hours due to pain. sitting, standing and walking get painful if done for more then 15 minutes.

I had my C4-C5 disk removed 2 years ago and now have serious issues with the 2 above

tptb73,

This thread was started to show how tacking reduces or stops the high of RSO. I think it did that in the first few pages. Followed exactly, it works for me. Perfect practice makes perfect. I didn't say "practice makes........".

In less than 95 pages, I've started to save my life. Maybe you feel like you've made little progress. Others, by leaps and bounds.

What I know is this: You are focusing your big brain on this problem, and if you stay strong in that focus, you and your wife will raise your kids together.:love:

I remain.......in the presences of Cannabinoids.

:thanks:

Well I have read almost this entire post and I am feeling a bit empowered that I can feel better soon.

I Suffer from degenerative bone loss in my neck and lower back, cluster headaches, chronic pain along with hyper tension.

I am on multiple meds but have been eating some canna edibles the last couple months (I don't smoke it because if I cough the pain is unbearable) and they have helped more then my meds.
I am going to be buying a MB2e and some herb this weekend and was planning on making butter and tincture to make my own edibles but thinkinking oil might be the way to go.

In canada we are only allowed up to 2oz dry herb a month (with card) and not sure if this would be enough for oil.

I am desperate to find something that will help, I can't sleep more then a couple hours due to pain. sitting, standing and walking get painful if done for more then 15 minutes.

I had my C4-C5 disk removed 2 years ago and now have serious issues with the 2 above

Yes, the oil sounds perfect for you. With two oz of top quality cannabis, you should get 7-8 grams of oil. Starting out, one gram should get you "medicated" about 10-20 times, so, yes, two oz will make plenty of oil. You can use isopropyl alchohol that is higher than 90%, however, I would strongly recommend ordering kleen extract. It is organic, food grade, 100% ethanol. One gallon is a total of $120 with shipping (in the states, that is), but you can extract about 10 oz of cannabis with a gallon. If any solvent gets left behind, it's harmless. Whereas, with isopropyl alchohol, if any is left behind, it's toxic. You can also use Ever clear corn liquor. It's 95 % ethanol.

:welcome:Welcome mb5200,

Two oz of top shelf bud (20%THC+) yields about 8 grams of 80%+ THC RSO. That comes out to about a 1/4 gram daily dose for a month. Usually that's enough for pain, but of course, you must find the dose that works for your level of pain. I bet it would work. Oil works best on pain. Cake and Pie.

I remain......in the presence of Cannabinoids.:love:

Yes, the oil sounds perfect for you. With two oz of top quality cannabis, you should get 7-8 grams of oil. Starting out, one gram should get you "medicated" about 10-20 times, so, yes, two oz will make plenty of oil. You can use isopropyl alchohol that is higher than 90%, however, I would strongly recommend ordering kleen extract. It is organic, food grade, 100% ethanol. One gallon is a total of $120 with shipping (in the states, that is), but you can extract about 10 oz with a gallon. If any solvent gets left behind, it's harmless. Whereas, with isopropyl alchohol, if any is left behind, it's toxic. You can also use Ever clear corn liquor. It's 95 % ethanol.

Way to go tptb73 !!! This is NOT little progress. You just graduated from student to teachers aid !!!
:goodjob::thumb::circle-of-love::Namaste::420::thanks::bravo::cheer::welcome:

I was going to use 45%alc/vol vodka to make the tincture, everclear is not available in Canada. This is the strongest you can buy in Canada

That seems like a very low percentage. I've always read that you need at least 90 percent to get a decent extraction. I've read of people using 70 percent isopropyl alcohol and getting a crappy extraction. But 45 percent seems very low. I wonder, is ordering the kleen extract an option for you, living in canada? If you can't, then the next best thing would be 91% isopropyl alcohol which is certainly available in your area.

I was going to use 45%alc/vol vodka to make the tincture, everclear is not available in Canada. This is the strongest you can buy in Canada

You will get some of the cannabinoids off the plant matter with 45% alcohol, but not a lot (and the evaporation procedure probably won't work the same either). Usually, with Vodka, it's called "Green Dragon" and the buds are left in the alcohol for a longer period of time (a month maybe). Then the vodka is consumed as well.

I'm in the same boat as you, can't purchase high proof, food grade alcohol. First, I purchased 99.9% Isopropyl alcohol and was going to use this (technically, it should all evaporate off if the procedure is done correctly), but then I figured that I could make my own 95% alcohol with a reflux still. So now, I'm in the process of fermenting 60L of a basic sugar wash (water, sugar, tomato paste, lemon juice, bakers yeast, epsom salts) which should give me about 7.5L of 95% alcohol.

It's very cheap to make (and fairly easy). The most expensive part is buying the equipment (refulx still, boiler, etc). See if you can find someone who makes moonshine....

PS: the other good thing about a reflux still is that you can recapture the alcohol when you boil it off. I just bought a smaller boiler for this purpose. That way, my 7.5L of alcohol should last through quite a few extractions.

NO no no no no. The extra water in that 45% alcohol will give you oil with a whole bunch of pollutants in it that you don't want....chlorophyl, waxes, plant terpins (whatever they are), and just stuff that will render the oil less powerful, less cannabinoids.

Call the Squarespace - Claim This Domain people to see if they ship to you. It takes the page forever to boot, just wait for it.

(Just click on the green letters above)

I remain........in the presence of Cannabinoids.:love:

Sorry everyone. Crazy busy this week.
I'll explain how to use the oil for your specific disease & why.
Tacking is the correct method...we can add a little to it though to keep constant pressure where you need it.
P.S. If you find a more informed, helpful website on making & taking the oil, you're blessed.

We are all pioneers in the use of cannabis oil. There are some Oilheads that have a larger body of knowledge than the majority of licensed medical professionals.
Stay confident.
The oil works. It's just a matter of how to get the most use for all the illnesses out there.
Also, SO much progress & info is being made & discovered on pretty much a monthly basis.
One day soon we will have it nailed down. I'm going to assume that when penicillin & antibiotics were in their infancy, there was a period of "discovery" of how/when to use it.
Remember that the knowledge of cannabis & cannabinoids has only been around for a decade or so. Medical professionals are not required to learn about it, nor are very interested in delving in to it. It is US...the present users that are bringing this all to light.

Don't forget... there will be a FAQ & reference section very soon.
I'm working with the Moderators (merci beaucoup Teddy) to get it up N going. That will stop the confusion & repeated info

Thanks Cajun:thumb:

If I may?

Wow, what a great day. Was just given, GIVEN, about a quarter pound of Girlscout Cookies popcorn bud! I said what it was for and asked "how much....". I just about cried when he looked me in the eye and said "It's yours....good luck and God bless you." No, sir, GOD PLEASE BLESS YOU.

:Namaste:

When I think life has it in for me.........random acts of kindness. Thank you for my blessings, LORD.

I remain........in the presence of (giants) Cannabinoids.

THC ...(The Hyper Couyon)

Thanks Cajun:thumb:

If I may?

Wow, what a great day. Was just given, GIVEN, about a quarter pound of Girlscout Cookies popcorn bud! I said what it was for and asked "how much....". I just about cried when he looked me in the eye and said "It's yours....good luck and God bless you." No, sir, GOD PLEASE BLESS YOU.

:Namaste:

When I think life has it in for me.........random acts of kindness. Thank you for my blessings, LORD.

I remain........in the presence of (giants) Cannabinoids.

THC ...(The Hyper Couyon)

CONGRATS!!!!!!! That was so kind!!!

Sorry everyone. Crazy busy this week.
I'll explain how to use the oil for your specific disease & why.
Tacking is the correct method...we can add a little to it though to keep constant pressure where you need it.
P.S. If you find a more informed, helpful website on making & taking the oil, you're blessed.

We are all pioneers in the use of cannabis oil. There are some Oilheads that have a larger body of knowledge than the majority of licensed medical professionals.
Stay confident.
The oil works. It's just a matter of how to get the most use for all the illnesses out there.
Also, SO much progress & info is being made & discovered on pretty much a monthly basis.
One day soon we will have it nailed down. I'm going to assume that when penicillin & antibiotics were in their infancy, there was a period of "discovery" of how/when to use it.
Remember that the knowledge of cannabis & cannabinoids has only been around for a decade or so. Medical professionals are not required to learn about it, nor are very interested in delving in to it. It is US...the present users that are bringing this all to light.

Don't forget... there will be a FAQ & reference section very soon.
I'm working with the Moderators (merci beaucoup Teddy) to get it up N going. That will stop the confusion & repeated info

Cajun, thanks so much for putting the time and effort into all this in order to help the rest of us. I truly appreciate the sacrifice!!!

Back
Top Bottom