Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hi rockinnole,

Welcome rockinnole to 420 Magazine. Cannot fault your Father, its not his fault for feeling this way. I run into this all the time. Yes you can do both regimens at the same time. In fact it will help immensely with the side effects. Bad news is it takes much longer to cure because of the chemo/late stage radiation damage. A lot of people do not realize this but go to the 'american cancer institute' and see the side effects of chemo/late stage radiation, its cancer. Its a shame as the concentrated oil done correctly without chemo/late stage radiation heals so efficiently on its own you actually feel better while healing cancer than before you had cancer. She needs the concentrate asap because the tumors in the brain are causing pressure and affecting motor skills. The memory lose is the start but other things can be affected such as arm, leg movement, etc. She needs a high cbd strain mixed with a high thc strain. Get the tumors to shrink down and relieve the pressure from the central nervous system. Your spinal cord receives information from the skin, joints and muscles of your body. It also carries the nerves that control all your movements. Your brain is the most complicated part of your nervous system. It receives information directly from your ears, eyes, nose and mouth, as well as from the rest of your body via the spinal cord. It uses this information to help you react, remember, think and plan, and then sends out the appropriate instructions to your body. Just an FYI. Hope this helps. This requires an experienced caregiver so when and if your ready please let me know.

motoco

I hope to obtain some of this for my mom soon...i think we will have to administer to her on the downlow as my Dad is totally against anything but conventional medical treatment. She however, is on board. She has just finished 2 weeks of radiation and they want her to start chemo in 10 days. Can she do this treatment and chemo at the sametime and also because of the radiation does she need to up dosage at all? She has breast cancer that has metasticized to her brain, lungs and abdomen. Has lost some of her memory also. Thank you.

thank you for your reply...i have been on the phone with a place in Michigan who sells it. Would be going up there to pick it up if I can get the $$ for it. So with her having done the radiation already and getting ready for chemo would you recommend a higher dosage daily? Also how often would she be taking it...like twice a day or 4 times a day etc? Thank you for offering your help i appreciate it very much and will be seeking your advice especially when this is a go. Right now the more info i can give to the rest of the family who wants this for her the better.

Hi rockinnole, I would certainly wait for Motoco's feedback to start a regimen but I can tell you baby steps are best, you will want to start off small and master the tacking method and gradually build up to the recommended level. I worked up to a gram a day over about a 3 week period and I tack in several spots using small amounts for each tack, like 1/8 grain of rice ea. I tack about 8 times per day. Snack and water are mandatory prior to tacking and I follow Motoco's advice about drinking water at least every time I have to urinate, usually even more. Everyone is different but I hope this gives you an idea. Also, I use different spots for tacking my daytime vs. night time oils - I tack daytime on left side and night time on right side.

In the process of doing my first oven decarb to provide feedback regarding safety/efficacy. In regards to safety, I've actually chosen to use the least safe method (don't do this at home) by using a flammable non-food-grade carrier (not because I want other people to do this but to prove that I won't blow up and thereby hopefully prove that food grade will be completely safe given the appropriate precautions. First I made sure I have a working Class B fire extinguisher on hand. I also chose not to run the overhead vent fan, again not to endorse it but to test safety in the even someone lost their vent in the middle of a decarb. I'm about 20 minutes in now and haven't blown anything up yet so keep your fingers crossed :)

I'm alive, decarb complete and more details to be posted in correct thread How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hi rockinnole, I would certainly wait for Motoco's feedback to start a regimen but I can tell you baby steps are best, you will want to start off small and master the tacking method and gradually build up to the recommended level. I worked up to a gram a day over about a 3 week period and I tack in several spots using small amounts for each tack, like 1/8 grain of rice ea. I tack about 8 times per day. Snack and water are mandatory prior to tacking and I follow Motoco's advice about drinking water at least every time I have to urinate, usually even more. Everyone is different but I hope this gives you an idea. Also, I use different spots for tacking my daytime vs. night time oils - I tack daytime on left side and night time on right side.

YES i will definitely wait on that response but i'm think too it's gonna be a bit before she can start this unless her sister really pushes my dad. I think for him it's going to take seeing that treatments aren't helping to get him to do it. Thank you EVEYRONE for all your advice it's greatly appreciated.

I understand your position rockin, sometimes you just have to plant some seeds and wait for them to grow. Maybe you happen to be watching Run from the Cure when dad is around but don't say anything, just make sure he can hear and wait for him to ask what you're watching etc... Watch some youtube testimonials from other cancer survivors - there's plenty. Pull up CNN's Sanjay Gupta reports on how he changed his mind about MMJ. Just keep planting seeds without pushing the issue. :peace: and good luck

Completely understood. When your ready let us know. Best of luck and hope all goes well.

YES i will definitely wait on that response but i'm think too it's gonna be a bit before she can start this unless her sister really pushes my dad. I think for him it's going to take seeing that treatments aren't helping to get him to do it. Thank you EVEYRONE for all your advice it's greatly appreciated.

Haha damn, well I got your PM so it's all good =)

Also, I was doing some searches on the internet and I came across this
1697330987570.png

it's 100% isopropyl alcohol.

Do you think this would be good to use? I'm preparing to make my first batch soon so I wanted to ask you first.

You went to the wrong state! Arizona, lol. I'll pm you the link.

Ok, on my way to the store now. And just to be clear on what you said in the PM, did you mean 100ml of alcohol for 1 oz of herb?

Also, any particular MMJ regimen you recommend, specifically for my colon problems? I know in general you like sativa for daytime and indica at night to sleep. And I'll also be getting some CBD. Any specifics you'd recommend to me? Hybrids or mixing things?

Thanks so much Motoco, your help is much appreciated =)

I don't use ISO personally and if its your first time I would definitely go with grain alcohol. Just my opinion.

Good morning; yes, 100ml of alcohol for one ounce (its an approximate as density of the flower can be more or less). I would mix the high thc strain (sativa) with the high cbd strain. Using this as an example; Blue Dream 1oz to 1/2oz high CBD strain (Harlequin/Cannatonic as examples). It seems I use Blue Dream (listed a hybrid at 50/50 it is sativa dominate and seems when its mostly milky trichs and some clear is a perfect time to harvest) a lot and with good reason (everyone I know loves this strain every since I first used it and always ask if this blend is available). On the Indica strain you want as close to 100% Indica as possible for sleep. That is all it really is used for but when grown full term it has good cbd count for pain/inflammation while sleeping.
Your regimen at the start is a 1/2 grain of rice (1//2 grain of rice is broken down into two-four tacking application to start). Do this in the a.m. after breakfast and then again after you eat lunch. So the total your starting with is one grain of rice total. Do this for one week and ring the bell. Hope this helps.

Ok, on my way to the store now. And just to be clear on what you said in the PM, did you mean 100ml of alcohol for 1 oz of herb?

Also, any particular MMJ regimen you recommend, specifically for my colon problems? I know in general you like sativa for daytime and indica at night to sleep. And I'll also be getting some CBD. Any specifics you'd recommend to me? Hybrids or mixing things?

Thanks so much Motoco, your help is much appreciated =)

I tested the last batch of oil both with and without tacking to judge with the senses and it is just about perfect for a 50/50 mix. I did the without tacking test a few hours before bed and it kicked in with the couch straps within a couple hours and I overslept like a baby well into the next morning. Then I did proper tacking for daytime and felt great all day. Last night used proper tacking at bedtime and again sleep was not an issue and so far this morning I'm good to go still. Next batch I'll be making 1/2 my daytime mix testing the pre-decarb method with dry material and the other 1/2 using the traditional double boiler method so that I can compare all three methods for taste, smell, effect.

So aunt is willing to pay for the RSO next batch won't be ready for about 3 weeks though which will have my Mom in the middle of Chemo. So My question is do we wait and start the RSO after chemo or do we treat together?? Also how long does it keep??? Thank you

Start ASAP (it will help with side effects from chemo and other meds) and it will keep much longer than you need it to - in other words, you'll use it up way faster than it will go bad. Store in a cool, dry and dark place. Refrigerator works but makes it stiffer to work with, just warm up a little with low hair dryer or holding in hand for a min.

Completely understood. When your ready let us know. Best of luck and hope all goes well.

So My aunt will be paying for the RSO but we won't be getting it for a few weeks as it won't be ready yet...the quantity we need to get because we are driving 1000 miles for it. She will have started chemo (as much as i don't want her to do that) Does the dose need to be increased because she will be doing Chemo at sametime? Is tacking the best way to administer also? Thank you

In my opinion tacking is the most effective method (there are some that tack as well as use suppositories which is good, but tacking typically takes first priority so that the oil can get to the CB1 receptors). Also, you'll still want to build up the dosage over time with the exception of a case where someone is close to death and cannot afford the time it would take to acclimate to a higher dosage. Everyone is different so if you start low and gradually increase it's a better experience for most individuals. You want to avoid situations where you dose a person with a high amount and it scares them away from the treatment. This is especially possible if the tacking method is not well rehearsed and someone accidentally ingests a higher dosage without having attained a commensurate tolerance. I've heard of at least one case where someone inexperienced had ingested close to a gram of oil, due to misinformation, and ended up being unable to leave the house for 3 days because they were unable to function.

update on hubby. I did not tell you that he also has glaucoma. He lost eyesight in one eye many years back and we have always worried his good eye would eventually go also. A couple years back they wanted to do a kinda of bypass surgery to help keep the pressure down. He has always hated taking medication of any kind including the eye drops which have some side effects. This is one of the reasons I liked him to smoke the weed but was always confused as to why his pressure was so high even while smoking so much. He completely quit his eye drops when he was dx with cancer. A few weeks ago his good eye became blood shot. This can be a symptom of extremely high pressure. (I was hoping it was pink eye but it did not have any other pink eye symptoms. Of course, I could not get him to see a doc about it. Soooo, here is the good news. After tacking with the oil for about 9 days, his eye looks a healthy white again. Nothing can be proved since no tests were involved but I believe the oil is working to bring down the pressure. Smoking THC never made a difference in his pressure.

Also he continues to feel better. He is more active each day. Not by much but before the oil he sat on the couch most of time. He still has a ways to go to build up his energy. BABY STEPS are coming through loud and clear!!!

Good morning fghtsmallcell,

You are just finding things out leaps and bounds! I always tell folks on the concentrate; others will notice changes in you before you do. So true isn't it? Over the years you read about many things MMJ does for many conditions smoking. Like your husband I cherish my 'herb', but since doing the concentrate, smoking is only a 'mood' enhancer for me at the end of the day. Nothing compares to the healing power of the concentrate. Your doing a great job observing how your husband is doing and your paying attention before and after starting the concentrate. People normally want to rush things (understandable) at the start, and do not how really weak the person is. Imagine being so weak a pound or two pressure could knock you down. This is why treatment in late stage cancer can be so difficult and precarious to treat. You have to nourish them back to life slowly. The concentrate does wonders, but you have to incorporate plenty of hydration, nutrition and sleep. The closer someone can get their daily regimen to a 'boot camp' schedule the faster the recovery. Now you can certainly understand how weak your husband was. Your belief is correct. If not for the oil he would still be on couch lock down. Keep on him about eating, drinking and sleeping. Naps are good in the mix. I think the next 2 weeks you are going to see many more improvements. Your hubby was in pretty bad shape. You womaned up (guess that is a word, lol), made his meds and taking great care of him. Keep observing and learning as much as you can. When he is all better, he owes you big time :). Great job!

update on hubby. I did not tell you that he also has glaucoma. He lost eyesight in one eye many years back and we have always worried his good eye would eventually go also. A couple years back they wanted to do a kinda of bypass surgery to help keep the pressure down. He has always hated taking medication of any kind including the eye drops which have some side effects. This is one of the reasons I liked him to smoke the weed but was always confused as to why his pressure was so high even while smoking so much. He completely quit his eye drops when he was dx with cancer. A few weeks ago his good eye became blood shot. This can be a symptom of extremely high pressure. (I was hoping it was pink eye but it did not have any other pink eye symptoms. Of course, I could not get him to see a doc about it. Soooo, here is the good news. After tacking with the oil for about 9 days, his eye looks a healthy white again. Nothing can be proved since no tests were involved but I believe the oil is working to bring down the pressure. Smoking THC never made a difference in his pressure.

Also he continues to feel better. He is more active each day. Not by much but before the oil he sat on the couch most of time. He still has a ways to go to build up his energy. BABY STEPS are coming through loud and clear!!!

Hi rockinnole,

There are other methods but none better than 'tacking'. Especially now that the cancer has mets to the brain area. This is the biggest concern right now. Getting the tumors in the brain shrunk down is priority one. Please list all man-made meds your aunt is taking.

So My aunt will be paying for the RSO but we won't be getting it for a few weeks as it won't be ready yet...the quantity we need to get because we are driving 1000 miles for it. She will have started chemo (as much as i don't want her to do that) Does the dose need to be increased because she will be doing Chemo at sametime? Is tacking the best way to administer also? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom