Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

fsc, thank you for the tip. I just got my hands on some oil that I bought, but have yet to make it myself yet. I will try soon and let you know how it goes. Good luck to you and your husband =)

Detoxing, Good luck with your oil making. You are like me with the 50 post need. I have been scouring the site and posting where appropriate. lol Let me know how your oil comes out. I am thinking I let mine on the coffee pot burner too long. Even when it was still hot it was already too thick to work. Just a tip from a newbie but I am hoping to hear what Motoco has to say about this or anyone else for that matter. Right now I am concentrating on making this medicine for my hubby. He jokes about being a guinea pig but if truth be told I can tell he is loving this idea and is actually more excited about than he is letting on. Later, when I get going better with more product I plan to get myself on it also. I have my own issues but not so serious and can wait. Then I what to share with a couple of friends. Shoot, I may have to follow in Motoco's footsteps and start sharing with anyone that will listen. I am not joking about that. Once our dispensaries get up and running maybe they will need a consultant for some patients.

Motoco, maybe you could write a book with your knowledge in it. I would buy one!!!!! I know you said you made a deal to not profit from the sick but what about a profit from others who want to help spread the word. Just a thought that popped into my head. Or maybe your wife could work on a book? I don't know how busy she is.

One last line to thank 420 magazine for this site. :thanks: :goodjob: :love:

I JUST got back from the MMJ farmer's market, I'm sure you heard of it. Maybe I even saw you ;) That thing is great, btw. Anyone who is in the SoCal area, I highly recommend you go there. TONS of options and GREAT prices, and they plan on running it every weekend now.

Anyway, I got some CO2 oil from PopNaturals, have you heard of them? I know you said CO2 and BHO is not ideal for tacking but can I use this for the next week or so? I don't think I will be able to make RSO until next weekend.

Yes, that makes sense, as long as you dose the gums properly first, wait about 15 minutes to make sure the concentrate is seated in the CB1 receptors (brain). Not at first though. First things first. When your ready to start your oil and I'm not swamped I would like to start you off dosing properly (the biggest step in the whole process). Reviewing your posts I feel your anxious :) You Sir will be blown away medically speaking. I want to make sure you have a smooth healthful introduction to cannabis concentrated oil. Did you check your PM? Another one coming in.

I have much to do today and running late. Have a great day!

Good luck with your oil. It sounds like maybe I did not leave in on too long it just came out sticky and thick because it wanted too. lol

My .02, I've had to go without the oil for periods of time due to lack of supply and wherever possible I would continue to ingest whatever I could in whatever form I could as a stop-gap. So although it may not be the best, I'd go ahead with edibles, tincture, smoke, vape, or whatever I could get my hands on. Just know that you want to get back to the RSO as quickly as possible for the greatest benefit.

Morning DetoXing,

Here is why I put you first on the list this a.m.; C02, BHO is a cold extract and has not been decarboxylated (to pass through the brain barrier). It gets decarboxylated when vaped. Which one did you get? C02 CBD 61%? THC? My friend with Parkinson's tried 'tacking' with C02 and had his wife try it also. It wouldn't dissolve in the gums and the only effect they got was a 24/7 nasty taste. He then brought it over for us to try. He didn't explain what it was and the wife tried it and cut her gum (we had oil-and applied to the cut gum and was good to go). I spit it out after a few minutes (wouldn't tack for me) but the taste never dissipated for a day :)).

It wouldn't do much good to even ask the peeps selling the C02 your intended purpose because most don't know and you would be lucky to even know someone there that knows about how to dose correctly. Welcome to the world :) The wife and I should visit the market and educate the vendors. That is something we love to do and meet some great folks in the process. As of lately we have Dr.s, people involved in the legalization, wanting us to do seminars at HempCon shows. Thing is we have no time as we help cure people/animals in our community. Eventually things will work out, but, priorities first. I chatted with a well know person yesterday in the MMJ movement (the wife and I know nobody) and ask if we have heard of him. No. This gentleman has his head wired on straight to be sure. He is super excited because his uncle has stage 1V prostate cancer, his wife has severe arthritis and he has medical issues but wouldn't elaborate as he wants his uncle treated first. What is super exciting his uncle's Dr. wants to observe the healing process! Now the wife and I are super excited. It doesn't matter if the Dr. is not approved as a scientific proof, he is a Dr. I just hope he knows what he is up against. I think he does and I respect and admire his ambition. All the countless hours of learning, helping, and educating others are starting to pay off for the wife and I. It is our passion in life to help others by awareness. I sincerely hope all who learn the proper use of cannabis concentrated oil will spread the word to the friends and family (some will never make a mention because of repercussions) and cannot blame them one bit. You should of gotten 'pure gold' at the fair. Make your own and know. Hope this helps.

I JUST got back from the MMJ farmer's market, I'm sure you heard of it. Maybe I even saw you ;) That thing is great, btw. Anyone who is in the SoCal area, I highly recommend you go there. TONS of options and GREAT prices, and they plan on running it every weekend now.

Anyway, I got some CO2 oil from PopNaturals, have you heard of them? I know you said CO2 and BHO is not ideal for tacking but can I use this for the next week or so? I don't think I will be able to make RSO until next weekend.

Good morning fghtsmallcell,

Its the concentrate making him feel better. He will learn that the feeling on the oil is better than the euphoria soon enough, he is working through his addictions :). I know a person who tried the oil and smoked over 18 joints a day! He could never tell how the oil made him feel :). Cut the smoking down during the day and here is why. Motivation and wellness feeling. I love smoking also, but found its my reward at the end of the day and I can feel what, how, etc. the oil is healing. Good luck :) He will thank you, trust me.

Your tacking method, excellent! We tried that with FC and had a vet try it in cold weather treating a horse. She even had to transport the oil in a cooler with a warm rice pack. Also you can put your dosing finger in some warm water to get the finger warmer than the gum. This is what I love is when people post these methods. Also I love when people try different things to experiment. You should really try some-not to waste it but so you know how the feeling is and so much more. You can pick the amount up if everything is going good to a grain of rice in the a.m. and a half grain of rice after noon. Take your time, be patient when doing the grain of rice. You know the drill. Tack properly with a half grain of rice, wait 10-15 minutes then you can take the other half grain of rice, rub it over the tack spots and your good to go.

We have to joke a little-keeps a positive vibe and laughter is good for the soul.

I have a jam packed schedule today. Your doing a great job and give our best to your hubby (gosh I'm glad he is addicted to pot) lol. Make him work for his treat! We are MEN :)

Hello Motoco,

Yes, my husband is feeling better. I don't know if it is a psychological effect or if it is the oil working so soon. He is all about getting his medicine now. Also we just came up with our version of tacking today. I heat the oil up at the same time I am heating my finger. My husband dries the inside of his lower gums and i swipe the oil across the dry gum. We waited for 20 minutes or so and did the rest of it. The oil stayed in place really good for over an hour I could still see it. He says he can't even taste it. I licked my finger and I can sure taste it. Anyway, this method left almost no residue on my finger at all. But I did what you said about heating it up and putting it on a spot on his skin. He has gotten both doses today and did well. He did feel a little something going on with his stomach after the 2nd dose but toast and water took care of it. He still has a very healthy appetite. I think we got it right today but he also has been smoking more weed today. A lot more than normal but he is in good spirits. He did a little work on a lawn mower that needed attention a month ago and he cooked baby back ribs tonight. YEAH, But I told him tomorrow he needs lay off the weed for at least 2 hours so I can get a better reading on the affect of the oil.

No, it is definitely not cold here. Is very hot and humid. YUCK!! yes, I did try to manipulate the syringe plunger and I knew it was not going to work even before I tried it because even while hot the oil was not fluid at all. It is a 2 tsp syringe and I will cut the taper end down with a razor blade. That is a great idea. I kept thinking about using scissors but was concerned scissors would crush it. The razor blade should work good. I live a good 45 minutes from any store that may have the grape seed oil so I will wait till I head that way next week for his dr appt. He has to go in every 2 weeks at least for coumidin level checks. We won't see his oncologist for another month. He forgot to order a CT scan and I am not going to remind him like I normally do. Anyway since we have a system down that seems to work then I am in no hurry to get the oil. I was at a GNC store the other day looking for it and they didn't have any. He asked my what I wanted it for and tried to sell my grape seed chewables as they are more easily digested. LOL
I understand the importance of the syringe and dosing and will get that under control soon. I promise.

I hope you are right about FC and that his absence means everything is going good for him. I got emotionally attached while reading his comments. When you asked him to go to a different thread I was afraid I would not be able to follow his story anymore but then he posted here again. I learned a lot from his story and his many questions and problems, and want so bad to hear that he is OK. He is very brave for turning down chemo. I don't know many people that would do that.

Thanks again for taking the time and posting those pictures. It did help me to understand the method better. OK so for another 5 days he will be taking 1/2 grain of rice twice a day. after breakfast and lunch. Then do I up the dose?? I have a line on a plant that is Indica. So it will probable be 3 months before I have any. Maybe even longer. I am still working on how to get my hands on a CBD strain. I may just have to take a really long drive to Colorado. But that still won't help me with a plant. This I am still working/thinking about how to best do that. I will come up with something. I always do. Our dispensaries won't be open for a long while yet.

Hi Cannafan,

I wanted to mention; when you miss your daytime dose and still dose at night it unbalances the system and leans towards the nighttime Indica. That is why you noticed when taking the daytime again you didn't feel as energetic. Once regulated again, all is well.

Here's my Concentrated oil that I made from the tincture I had. This is about 3/4 cup, maybe a bit more than that, of tincture that had been reduced to oil concentrate. It's thick like axle grease. I've been on my dosages since last Friday, increasing gradually on my daytime dose. I'm up to about two grains of short rice. I forgot to bring my oil with me yesterday to work and about 4:00 I could tell that I needed that "booster", because the pain in my mouth from a nasty dental visit on Tuesday was bothering me. And I got that nausea and lethargic feeling back. So no more missing doses. LOL
My nighttime doses are working very well. I sleep through the night, no waking up with pain and nausea and no dreaming of pain and nausea. ;-)
If this is what it's like after just shy of a week using this oil, I can only imagine what I will feel like after it's settled into a routine in my body.

Cannabis_Oil6.jpg

I forgot to say, there is no High on the daytime doses. That's what worried me the most, because I have to stay clear headed during working hours. No worries on that now. :thumb:

Motoco, I am glad it is weed he is addicted to also. We got in a little heated discussion today and he promised tomorrow to wait for a period of time to collect my "data" This is all I can get from him for now so this will be another hurdle to work on slowly. Main thing to me is just getting him on 3 oil strains right now so that will be a battle for later. Thanks again for the info. And maybe I will try it. I would love to but I want to make sure I have the oil he needs first.

I read your response to detox and that is very exciting news. Hope you keep us updated on those pts. Esp the prostate cancer. Have a great day!!

fghtsmallcell,

Show him who's boss! We hate to give up our favs in life. When you smoke during the day on oil you just do not feel the healing properties of what the oil is doing. You want to know that feeling of wellness while your healing. He will learn, he just loves his smoke. Baby steps, you can only do what you can do. You see how important it is to have someone caretaking for direction? I guarantee your hubby would be eating the oil without tacking for the euphoria. Once the body has fully adjusted and becomes immuned to the oil it has the effect of a man made drug and stops working effectively. A good analogy is when you take a pain killer (man made) and it works. Then you notice when the same dosage amount doesn't work you need more to help subdue the pain. Then more till basically it doesn't work. This is progressive addiction. The effectiveness stops when you cannot progress anymore. Same thing digesting the oil without tacking first. Cancer can actually start again digesting the oil. Through the receptors first to the endo receptors is the heal. FYI

Will keep you updated on the prostate cancer.

Motoco, I am glad it is weed he is addicted to also. We got in a little heated discussion today and he promised tomorrow to wait for a period of time to collect my "data" This is all I can get from him for now so this will be another hurdle to work on slowly. Main thing to me is just getting him on 3 oil strains right now so that will be a battle for later. Thanks again for the info. And maybe I will try it. I would love to but I want to make sure I have the oil he needs first.

I read your response to detox and that is very exciting news. Hope you keep us updated on those pts. Esp the prostate cancer. Have a great day!!

OK. But I do believe we are tacking properly even though he is still smoking. He has been very good about not putting anything in his mouth for a good hour after tacking and he even has me checking it from time to time to make sure I can still see it. He also will ask my permission to eat or even drink after tacking. But, when it comes to his weed I will have to try a couple different tactics I have in mind.

I hope you are not saying that his weed smoking will hamper the effectiveness of the oil. It will take baby steps for him. I am hoping that the oil will help me with those baby steps. He is in a catch 22 where his body and mind feel like crap and the weed really does help him to deal with feeling like crap. I am telling him how strongly I feel that this oil will make him feel better and cure the cancer but he is not believing it yet. Those doctors words that he will die with this cancer no matter what weigh very heavy on him. He has been beat down and now it is up to me to get him back on his feet. I may have to get some friends and family involved if my tactics don't work.

Hi fghtsmallcell, smoking will not hamper the effectiveness of the oil but digesting it will. Smoking will mask/hide the positive effects of the oil from him so it'd be better for his psyche to feel a noticeable difference in health which can only be realized with a clear head :) Personally, I don't typically smoke during the day. The earliest I will smoke or vape is after dinner and usually it's closer to bed time. Walking around clear headed, with no pain, and feeling good is amazing therapy.

Hi fghtsmallcell,

Good morning. We all have some form of addictions. Your explanation of a catch 22 is spot on. Even though he thinks the weed is making him feel better it hampers the wellness feeling. When you are ill you can only think negative. Negative thoughts lead to depression and no matter what when you are depressed even though you know you need change, your incapacitated to do so. Daytime oil easily removes depression for the simple fact you cannot dwell on your negative feelings. You cannot cold turkey anyones favorite thing, no matter what it is. He doesn't have to give up smoking his herb. He only has to moderate it. We just need to get him to cut back more right now so he can start feeling well and remove the depression (mind lockdown). He doesn't believe the oil works yet because as budnoob mentioned it is masking the wellness feeling, thus, slowing the wellness feeling down. Your oil was sativa dominant correct? My father-in-law had those same words spoken to him when sent home to hospice. Explain to your husband those words where spoken because the Dr.s options have ran out, not his options. Convey to him; You don't have to stop smoking! You just have to taper down right now during the day so you can TELL that the oil is working. Just have him sacrifice the morning between first dose and noon dose. Once he knows the oil is working and his head is right everything changes.

I was going to ask some questions but you answered them on his current condition state. My wife did a good one on me. She reversed her tactics to mooping, weeping, wouldn't talk to me and started to completely avoid me (not when on the oil-I welcomed the feeling of wellness). Finally I cornered her and said 'whats wrong?'. She replied ' I have to accept you will not change, I feel like the man I love is giving up and I feel helpless'. It worked! It made me realize what I was doing to her was an selfish act and I realized I was doing nothing more than having a pity party and it seemed I was the only one invited. I then realized I didn't have to give anything up, I just had to learn moderation and ever since moderation has been the key to the kingdom. Nothing worse in the world is seeing your wife cry and unhappy. Yes, you have to throw in some 101 psychology, especially in late stage anything. As mentioned, once he can feel how the oil is working things will progress much faster. Just subtle little changes that you express 'quit demanding as much'. Roll all his smoke up, if its a pipe, set all his bud out. Have at it. I can't make you change, you have to change. But I don't have to watch you give up. Hope this helps. It sure opened my eyes.

OK. But I do believe we are tacking properly even though he is still smoking. He has been very good about not putting anything in his mouth for a good hour after tacking and he even has me checking it from time to time to make sure I can still see it. He also will ask my permission to eat or even drink after tacking. But, when it comes to his weed I will have to try a couple different tactics I have in mind.

I hope you are not saying that his weed smoking will hamper the effectiveness of the oil. It will take baby steps for him. I am hoping that the oil will help me with those baby steps. He is in a catch 22 where his body and mind feel like crap and the weed really does help him to deal with feeling like crap. I am telling him how strongly I feel that this oil will make him feel better and cure the cancer but he is not believing it yet. Those doctors words that he will die with this cancer no matter what weigh very heavy on him. He has been beat down and now it is up to me to get him back on his feet. I may have to get some friends and family involved if my tactics don't work.

Thank you both for your response. It does help to hear other's experience. He was true to his word today and waited for a couple of hours before doing a hit. He said he did not feel anything, no buzz or high effect but did feel more relaxed. He said not more energetic but relaxed. I thought my oil was sativa dominate but with him describing a relaxed feeling I have to wonder. It was a sticky flower only referred to as Jack. Probable not top shelve but it was the best quality flower I could get. I have another product that is close cuttings from a strain only referred to as purple. I am going to make into an oil. I was going to use that as a salve on a few spots on his skin that I don't like the looks of. But I may also have him try it and see if there is a difference in the way he feels. I believe his pain is less also. He says it is about the same when I ask him but I know him too well. Actions speak louder than words and I could tell he was not in as much pain this morning. Also he is not sleeping well but this is nothing new for him so I cannot make any assumptions based on his sleep. I also believe he is starting to feel the affects of the full stomach that you described in an earlier post. He says he is not hungry because he ate so much yesterday. So it will take more time to evaluate this. Either way I will continue to push small meals and the water.

Your wife is a smart cookie and I am so glad her tactic worked. I don't think that would work on my hubby. He has a way of turning my pain into being about him. I know that is the pity party you are talking about. I am going to start planning outings for each day. He does not smoke when we are out and about. Also I am not going to remind him to buy more when he starts running low. I have always encouraged him to not run out because he feels so much better with it and is sooo much easier to live with. lol This is going to take a ton of patients of my end but if it gives me my husband back it will be so worth it.

You had mentioned that his body can become immune to the oil. Please explain this further. Do you mean immune to the feeling or immune to the healing properties.

He just came in and announced that he is going outside to look more at his John Deere. So I think it is working. This is day 4 of the oil.

The oil is working, he is just in a neutral feeling and is so used to the euphoric in his mind how can this be working, I don't feel anything. Yet, you see him getting off the couch. It is so tough when people are beat down mentally and physically. Also we have to work on getting a day time and night time regimen going. Indica is the next important issue to get so we can get him to sleep at night. No sleep hampers feeling well. Its a tough road ahead, but I can see your magic working. Keep hydrating and feeding, lol. Lets just do little baby steps and take one priority at a time. He is absolutely taking the oil correctly, trust me, otherwise he would be scouring for a box of twinkies. He just needs a little more time because of his system is so weak. Great idea to get out and get the mind off of the same o same o.

I was mentioning that when the oil is just digested you can build a tolerance up and have it stop working just like a man-made med. I won't go into more detail on this because he is taking it correctly. To much knowledge at the start can be overwhelming also. I want to educate as much as possible, but in all my post I've only touched on enough to help people take care of themselves. It gets very complex in so many ways and in truth contains volumes of information from my wife and I.

Good tactics, until he runs out, lol. Sometimes you just want to be a fly on the wall, lol. Have a great day and hang in there. Your doing great. The wife and I know what your up against.

ps-taking the oil on the gums works everytime. The only time it doesn't work is when you don't hydrate, eat and rest. When you run your system down nothing can work. Otherwise the oil taken properly will always take care of pain, always have a wellness feeling during the day and will always sleep good at night, always, everyday.

Thank you both for your response. It does help to hear other's experience. He was true to his word today and waited for a couple of hours before doing a hit. He said he did not feel anything, no buzz or high effect but did feel more relaxed. He said not more energetic but relaxed. I thought my oil was sativa dominate but with him describing a relaxed feeling I have to wonder. It was a sticky flower only referred to as Jack. Probable not top shelve but it was the best quality flower I could get. I have another product that is close cuttings from a strain only referred to as purple. I am going to make into an oil. I was going to use that as a salve on a few spots on his skin that I don't like the looks of. But I may also have him try it and see if there is a difference in the way he feels. I believe his pain is less also. He says it is about the same when I ask him but I know him too well. Actions speak louder than words and I could tell he was not in as much pain this morning. Also he is not sleeping well but this is nothing new for him so I cannot make any assumptions based on his sleep. I also believe he is starting to feel the affects of the full stomach that you described in an earlier post. He says he is not hungry because he ate so much yesterday. So it will take more time to evaluate this. Either way I will continue to push small meals and the water.

Your wife is a smart cookie and I am so glad her tactic worked. I don't think that would work on my hubby. He has a way of turning my pain into being about him. I know that is the pity party you are talking about. I am going to start planning outings for each day. He does not smoke when we are out and about. Also I am not going to remind him to buy more when he starts running low. I have always encouraged him to not run out because he feels so much better with it and is sooo much easier to live with. lol This is going to take a ton of patients of my end but if it gives me my husband back it will be so worth it.

You had mentioned that his body can become immune to the oil. Please explain this further. Do you mean immune to the feeling or immune to the healing properties.

He just came in and announced that he is going outside to look more at his John Deere. So I think it is working. This is day 4 of the oil.

Hey brother, so now that I'm traveling into the realm of known strains I'm pretty comfortable with what regimen we'll be using for cancer and MS but I'm a little hazy on the epilepsy. The unknown strains have helped all of us but I'm guessing that's because they're hybrids with a little bit of everything so even though they've worked it's not as good as it could be. Should we try a similar regimen with the Epilepsy or should we focus on CBD alone for that case? He's younger and doesn't have to worry about work yet. Curious what you're experience has been in this regard. Thanks!

Hi budnoob,

My blend of daytime oil of sativa and a high cbd strain mixed with this ratio: 50/50 works excellent on epilepsy. I understand its very confusing. Is it the movement using cbd for everything to take the heat off of THC or miss information from 'big brother' or both? On children they dose under the tongue with a high cbd strain (charlottes web, harlequin, etc.) using a eye-dropper. So the THC ratio is lower than the CBD so they don't become as euphoric. People in the know use the same strain via the gums but have to be uber safe like the dosing tutorial. Also the dose amount starts off with about 1/8th of a grain of rice and that is broken up into two doses. What is the young mans age? If not a child standard dosing method applies just like yours. Keep on keeping on and when the time comes you can get a high cbd strain to mix with your daytime sativa. You all will benefit. Having THC with the CBD is important even on epilepsy to repair receptors, glands, etc. Actually epilepsy seems to be an very easy cure when done properly. Something is causing the inflammation swelling the brain triggering seizures, enter THC.

I swear Brother, what is the truth anymore? Its disgusting. Can you imagine how long it took just to get some folks taking it right? LOL People really need to be cautious when reading things. 99.9 % has been edited or just plain lack of knowledge. It is mass confusion, exactly how the G. wants it. Hope this helps.

ps-blends take more knowledge than you can imagine. Finding the correct strains for a specific illness, then how you want to grow them. I even grow Harlequin to mid-term and full term to blend with day time and the latter for nighttime. Little CBD for UP and couch lock with couch lock indica for nighttime. It can take 3-5 days for the new to adjust and get fully seated in your system to get the true feel of the change. They can all vary on the application at hand.

Hey brother, so now that I'm traveling into the realm of known strains I'm pretty comfortable with what regimen we'll be using for cancer and MS but I'm a little hazy on the epilepsy. The unknown strains have helped all of us but I'm guessing that's because they're hybrids with a little bit of everything so even though they've worked it's not as good as it could be. Should we try a similar regimen with the Epilepsy or should we focus on CBD alone for that case? He's younger and doesn't have to worry about work yet. Curious what you're experience has been in this regard. Thanks!

Hello you 2. I watched the CNN episode of Charlette's web again today and was wondering the same thing about the lack of THC for their cure. Missouri just past a law today to allow those families with children with epilepsy to legally posses the low THC medicine. The problem is those families are considered refugees in Colorado and under Colorado laws if they were to relocate back to their homes in MO they are taken off the list for the Charlotte's web because their is a waiting list. MO took a safe baby step. I just hope that first step leads to a bigger one. It is going to happen anyway. They can't stop this now.

Hubby update.... He had a crappy day today but handled it better than he would have a week ago. After his first dose this morning we had an unexpected visitor and we both ran outside. We stood in the heat (it was hot even in the shade) and talked for about an 1/2 hour. Hubby did not handle that well. He got strange almost passout sensation. He described it as wanting to fall asleep while standing up, I had to help him into house and watched him close for an hour while it passed. Of course I made him piece of toast and had water there for him. He did feel better after but never felt really good at all today so we just took it easy, only made one little errand and watched TV. The 2nd tack was just fine. I think it was the heat more than anything. It was odd because he was not even sweating. I will have to keep a closer eye on him in the heat. We have plans for tomorrow that he seems to be looking forward to. And the temp is going to drop almost 30 degrees. Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Hi fghtsmallcell,

It was the heat. One thing you have to watch is while on the concentrate things like heat or cold you can tolerate longer. Your his common sense monitor right now until he learns things like this. If you think its to hot or to cold, time to move. Also he is slowly building his strength up as it was all sapped out of him. He had what we all have experienced sometime or another, sun stroke. You just don't feel the same the rest of the day and depending on how long exposed it can take longer and much more severe. He didn't sweat because the concentrate was keeping his system stabilized. Daytime oil raises your metabolism but doesn't seem to raise your heart rate.

Rule of thumb on the concentrate; if you eat and hydrate and you don't feel right 15-20 minutes afterwards take a booster dose (1/4 grain of rice) and it will help immensely. Same applies if he catches a bug (his immune system is still very low), take a booster (the 1/4 grain of rice is just a guideline, whatever he needs to feel better.), could be more, could be less.

Hubby biggest thing is nursing his low resistant and weakness back to normal. You could only imagine how weak he was and still is. When I say baby steps, exactly what I mean. If it was you, me, budnoob in 5-6 days we might want to jump in on a marathon running by while your husband might need 3-4 weeks. Hubby is going to notice things much slower than we would. That is why I like your comments 'I can tell he is doing better', that is how the oil works. People using it doesn't notice changes, but others do. Just keep going exactly how you are, nice and easy. Incorporate activity and rest. Keep close watch on him, he will feel like doing more than he should, but, he needs his mental frame of mind changed from couch lock to wellness. Your his reasoning as mentioned until he gains his strength back. Things are going good, be patient, he will keep getting better and better. This is why cancer in late stages are so hard to deal with compared to someone who has early stage 1V. Early stage can heal while working for an example; late stage systems are down to 0. Sometimes I have to just give enough concentrate to check the cancer and work strictly on nourishment and getting 'upstairs' adjusted. Things like man made meds, chemo/radiation come into play, addictions to morphine etc. even make matters worse. It is almost like healing someone coming out of cardiac arrest, the process is slower. His his daytime/nighttime still out of whack? Today will be better. Make sure he doesn't overdo anything. Slow as she goes. Rest more today but make sure he gets a little exercise in also. Your doing a great job. The wife always checks how the caretaker is doing because she knows how hard it is on them. Most times even more so than the ill person. So make sure you take a load off the brain and rest also. Soon everything will be back to normal again and your husband and you will look back and think 'damn' what a journey! How come everyone doesn't have a right to use this wonder med.

Hello you 2. I watched the CNN episode of Charlette's web again today and was wondering the same thing about the lack of THC for their cure. Missouri just past a law today to allow those families with children with epilepsy to legally posses the low THC medicine. The problem is those families are considered refugees in Colorado and under Colorado laws if they were to relocate back to their homes in MO they are taken off the list for the Charlotte's web because their is a waiting list. MO took a safe baby step. I just hope that first step leads to a bigger one. It is going to happen anyway. They can't stop this now.

Hubby update.... He had a crappy day today but handled it better than he would have a week ago. After his first dose this morning we had an unexpected visitor and we both ran outside. We stood in the heat (it was hot even in the shade) and talked for about an 1/2 hour. Hubby did not handle that well. He got strange almost passout sensation. He described it as wanting to fall asleep while standing up, I had to help him into house and watched him close for an hour while it passed. Of course I made him piece of toast and had water there for him. He did feel better after but never felt really good at all today so we just took it easy, only made one little errand and watched TV. The 2nd tack was just fine. I think it was the heat more than anything. It was odd because he was not even sweating. I will have to keep a closer eye on him in the heat. We have plans for tomorrow that he seems to be looking forward to. And the temp is going to drop almost 30 degrees. Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Thank you for the additional info. I think I did need to be reminded that he will take longer to get stronger. You would think I would know that. I am just so anxious to have him back. We did take it easy today and it was uneventful. I proudly report that he is only taking his pain med 1 time a day which is down from 3 times a day. He is still smoking the weed when he has panic attacks. He would never admit that is what they are. It is better than taking the Xanax. And I think that these may be a little better also. He really hates taking meds but before the oil I would have to talk him into taking the xanax to calm him down. That is also why I always made sure he had a supply of weed because he seemed to be on the edge of a nervous breakdown. Don't get me wrong. He is still struggling mentally with being so sick and weak but there is improvement. So I will remember baby steps. Also on his over heating episode you are right that it did not affect his vital signs. I checked his blood pressure and heart rate and they were perfect. I will not give up on this no matter how much time it takes. Just take one day at a time.

Yes, It is VERY hard on me and it has impacted me in unhealthy ways. I take a handful of meds every night. 4 different blood pressure meds and 2 different antidepressant meds and a few others as needed. I am looking forward to trying the oil myself but I have to wait till we have enough supply. He comes first.

He sleeps at night. His normal amount of sleep is 10 to 12 hours. He still complains that he is not getting good sleep, this is not any different than before. He gets up several times a night to use the bathroom and toss and turns all night. His neuropathy issues from the chemo really bother him at night. unfortunately it will be some time before I get an indica strain. Having said that we are working on a plan that may help us to get our hands on some sooner.

So with doing the baby steps do I go ahead and up his does as planned at the 1 week mark?? That will be on Thursday. All I have is still the one type of oil.

I was so hesitate at first to make a post on here and ask for guidance. Now I feel it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I cannot thank you enough for taking your time every day and share your knowledge. I do hope that these post will help others as well. Thank you and thank your wife for me also. I feel extremely lucky to have found you here. Budnoob, I really appreciate you also. I hope you see this. :thanks:

Hi everyone. Motoco you answered my question on another thread and I managed to find my way here and am so glad I did. The brave people in here are so amazing and I commend every one of you for taking charge of your own or loved one's health. Motoco you are doing a wonderful job and I know word is spreading through selfless people like yourself. I used to work for a medical evacuation and emergency centre so I do know first hand the challenges and the rewards of hearing about people's tribulations and misfortunes as well as the happy endings. I would love to be in your position to help others but I live in an unfriendly place and my wife's entire career is very sensitive and she loves it and is so damn good at what she does that i would never jeopardize it, so I spread the word where it is safe to do so. This may be a long post and I am on a tablet that keeps crashing so going to post and edit, will tell you when the post is finished being written.

You are probably familiar with my last batch of oil from my earlier post but I have now completed the second batch. I have been suffering sciatica like you would not believe for 10 weeks no. it's been crippling. I have had kidney stones at would take them again every day of the week over this. That's how bad it has been. Just constant agony. Now to put things in perspective. Maxing out on two different strong painkillers would leave me all but drooling and catatonic thinking about how crap this is took about 40-50% of the pain. I was taking so many painkillers my kidneys were starting to shut down and I was getting strange rashes and itches. Addiction was next and already what would floor most was not even working for me anymore.

This oil has been nothing short of miraculous for me. It has given me freedom of movement that I would not have thought possible, the spasms around the nerve stopped and the inflammation is way down. It takes away about 80% of the pain and this lasts for hours and it's been about a week since I have taken anything else not even paracetamol. The pain is still there but I am convinced there is something wrong with my spine and I am seeing a specialist on Friday. Since taking it there have been a few hours here and there where there has been no pain at all and it is pure bliss. Hopefully someone else suffering with sciatica will read this and go on to learn and prevent or cure more serious illness as a result.

Ok so a bit about the oil. I made it from a dwarf plant which would be primarily indica with ruderalis genetics. I smoked a bud and it was pretty strong but very calming at the same time. I cured the buds for about 3 weeks (a bit short admittedly) and froze them along with the iso alcohol. I didn't do a decarb in the oven this time. I did a one minute iso wash and then repeated. The last time I did a 3 min wash and this time the oil was much more amber than the last batch which was green/blackish. Next time I think I will try a two minute wash just to test middle of the road.

Instead of using a rice cooker I just used a coffee maker that had a heating pad that gets really hot. It doesn't exactly reach a rolling boil but it does boil and then it switches off. It was great because it was in a stainless steel cup and I could time it for every 10 minutes and come and top it up. As it got to the end I added a couple drops of water and put it on the stove on a rolling boil for a few seconds being careful not to burn it. Then I used a George Foreman grill (the bun warmer part) which is great as it is already at a tilt and it kept the oil warm where it was still runny but thick too and I could see the excess iso bubble off. I left it on there for about 8 hours.

So the oil itself is almost like taking a mild tranquilliser, it's great for pain as mentioned and it makes life about 2 paces slower. I want to do things and finally can within reason. It relaxes me but doesn't make me feel sleepy at all yet when it's bed time I have no trouble getting to sleep and I wake up feeling refreshed. Of course I have been ingesting it and I can definitely feel it as a very mild stoned but completely functional and very beneficial to my attitude. I have bought Jack Here RSO in the past and that put me right on my ass every time I took it.

My question is this: do you think the lack of decarb or preparation caused what seems to be a low thc/mild sedative effect? It made a fair amount of oil too 1.2 grams from just over 10 grams of bud.

Believe me I am not complaining it is perfect for my needs right now and I wish it could become a permanent fixture in my medicine cabinet, man I could throw some obsolete pharma meds out with this stuff.

I just am not sure if I am getting the full medical benefit from this oil the way I made it?

As for tacking, well I just read about that recently and huge reps for that info. I tacked this morning and no euphoria at all.
Motoco you swear by tacking others swear by swallowing. I understand your reasoning and it is sound logic. So my plan is to tack my morning dose and to swallow my evening dose. It's so mild yet it makes my head clearer and really helps with my attitude towards pain and life. I have been in a slump for a while but these last 10 weeks have been very challenging and I would like to see the difference between the two. Of course I am open to suggestions or advice but for now I am happy to try both. I have dealt with all sorts of emotional and mental baggage I have been carrying around, put much of it to bed with the help of herb but I have been convinced for a long time that the root of my depression is physical and I have every faith that this oil will help with that too.

That's me and my little saga, I know there are people on this thread with much larger immediate problems. You guys are all in my thoughts. I just hope to see more and more people on threads like these talking about and fixing things using the oil to stay healthy rather than to get healthy again.Our health is something where we need a massive mental shift to become proactive rather than just reactive. To all those healing themselves and loved ones, I know you will all see a huge difference in your lives and I would love to see more people who feel like they have no right to comment on this thread because their illness isn't ''serious enough'' take part and share your success stories. Remember Google indexes according to keywords and someone suffering from a pesky thing such as sciatica may find this thread and learn so much more. They could then go on to cure uncle Bob's cancer and he then spreads the word. Little actions towards critical mass.

So onto my loved ones now. I'll start with my brother, he is 26 years old and had testicular cancer last year. It was a rare type of cancer (i will find out the name) and they basically shipped him off immediately to have the testicle removed. The tumour may or may not be responsible but he has been having massive hormone issues for years now. The fact that the scans revealed he is cancer free may mean it's a separate issue? He is going grey (yes at 26) nobody else in the family has gone prematurely grey, he developed man boobs, keeps getting wild mood swings, is severely depressed and started self harming at times, sweats profusely and feels like death most of the time. He has also started getting panic attacks and battles to be in public. The medical system is failing him. They keep sending him for bloods and saying that he is going through the equivalent of male menopause and has a lack of testosterone and an excess of estrogen. I keep telling him to stop turning into my sister, we are like that we break each other's ball/s :rofl: We really don't have much oil to play with and I will start growing again in August after a visit from family members but for now, we have this gram and I have about another ounce drying at the moment. The drying bud is a mainly indica hybrid. Mazar x White rhino and is supposedly a very medicinal strain with high CBD and 20% thc. Motoco bearing this in mind do you have any advice for a dosing regimen? Thanks

Then onto my mom. Her and my brother caught the worst of it but basically we have been a family that has experienced a series of tragedies and misery mainly through a sociopathic, father. Luckily he is out of our lives for good but he did do a lot of damage. My mom suffers from severe depression and I know there is a psycological term for it but in simple terms she has a victim mentality. She also has diverticulitis which she battles with along with arthritis. Not sure anything can be done about the diverticulitis but the arthritis can be fixed with oil for sure. Her main problem is her head. Like chicken Little, the sky is always falling. Again any recommendations appreciated.

Now onto my beloved Mrs dabs. She is 33 years old and has had hypertension since she was 26 . When she went for a scheduled 6 month checkup her bp was 220 over 141. Doctor was amazed she didn't have a stroke. So at 26 clearly that's not normal and it's been high ever since. She is on 3 different max strength bp meds. She went to an iridoligist who I thought was a quack but were out of options. She has had every imaginable test done to her and all here organs are absolutely fine. Yet her bp stays high and the docs basically have all said sorry but you are going to be on pills the rest of your life. Like hell she is!!! I affects her vitality, energy levels, libido and is a constant annoyance. The iridoligist (sp) took one look into her eye and after a few questions said you have a yeast intolerance. So she cut out yeast and a few other things and bp stabilised and she dropped a couple pills. She felt amazing for a while but for some reason it seems to have creeped back up and we are now going to fight it with oil. the yeast was definitely a factor but the real killer was yeast extract. If she has any of that it's like living with a stranger for 3 or 4 days. it's definitely better than it was but obviously not ideal, she is still on meds. On the 3 tabs her bp usually sits around 155 over 95.

So i have quite a few people to get to healing but I am broke, self employed and have not been able to work for 10 weeks, my bro is too sick to be employable and my poor mom is working like a dog to save for a nest egg and now has to fork out a couple thousand to get some root canal work done on a couple teeth that are giving her endless problems so we don't have money to work with right now. What we do have is an ounce of weed drying, a gram of ready made oil and a small 2x2 foot grow tent 250 watts which I can use to start growing again in August so if i grow autos i could have bud by mid October.

If you have any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

That is now the end of my post, thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom