Cannabisgrwr's Soil Blue Dream Grow Journal - 2011 First Grow!

Great job! I'm impressed with your green thumb. I wouldn't worry about smell if your nearest neighbor is a couple of miles. You are totally fine. The smell in full bloom, unless you have a field of course, will not usually travel more than a few hundred feet at most. Keep up the great work and great choice of strains!

Thanks, your grow is really impressive, I'm counting down the days until spring so I can do an outdoor grow too.

How's it goin CannabisGrwr?

Impressive op. you got growin on there.

How long did it take for you to identify the sex of the plants after switching

into flower?

Thanks! It took about 10 - 15 days to start seeing the sex on all the plants after switching the lights. I made a big newb mistake though because when I was setting the timer I counted the hours wrong and I actually had it set to 13 hours on instead of 12! I caught the mistake on sunday so they are now set at the proper time.

I'll try to put out an update tomorrow, its been raining here the past couple days so hopefully I can get pics up when its not raining outside.

23 Days into flower!

Hey everyone Im back. The weather has been bad the past week and I wanted to show a decent amount of progress before I posted again. Im really excited for my Green poison plant because its starting to put out lots of flower heads. I went out there today and opened my shed and had a buffet of little buddets right in front of me. Anyway enough talking heres some pics:

Here it is in the shed outgrowing my setup!
IMG_027915.JPG

And here is a pic of it outside where you can see it in the light better:
IMG_026615.jpg

And heres a close up of one of the main flowers:
IMG_02819.JPG

I had to dig my shed down about 2 feet to fit the green poison plant under my light so it can take center stage and so I can get really good flowers on it. My Blue Dreams are on the back burner right now since they are just starting to get lots of hairs on them so the game plan for right now is to give as much light as possible to the Green Poison, finish it up and then have lots of room to grow the Blue Dreams out.

I also took lots of clippings of the upper leaves, so I had my buddy make butter out of all of them (I had 2 large freezer zip locks full.

Here it is:
IMG_027814.jpg

Im gone go have some brownies now, later everyone!
:yummy: :Rasta:

Nice setup I am sub'd and will keep up as you progress, keep em' green and best of luck with your ladies.

Thanks! I will post a big update on Friday, I have been taking pictures but have not had time to post. The buds are starting to get nice and big!:Rasta:

29 - 39 Days into Flower

Alright, as promised here are two updates for my weed plants.

Here they are 29 Days into flowering

The nugs are starting to fill out a bunch more
IMG_004418.jpg

And here is the top forming on one of my nicer Blue Dream plants.
IMG_005118.JPG

One problem I am starting to face is that my plants are staring to outgrow the shed. I already lifted the shed onto cinder blocks and now I have to dig into the ground so I can keep enough distance between the tops of my plants and being too close into the light. Here is a shot of just the hole with the weed plants out side soaking up from just being watered.
IMG_005314.jpg

Here are where things start to get really interesting at 39 Days into Flower

Here is the Green Poison plant which has turned out to be a really beautiful plant and is starting to get into the final stage of flowering where the leaves are sucking off nutrients and the pistils are starting to turn orange.
IMG_005711.jpg

And here is the top of my smallest plant and is just starting to go into flower. (She's a late bloomer)
IMG_005912.jpg

Here is one of my plants that I experimented with chopping its head off before it started to grow bud. The top split off and branched out a bunch and is putting out some nice smaller sized buds.
IMG_006211.jpg

And here is the side view of that plant:
IMG_006415.jpg

I have stopped fertilizing the Green poison plant because I am figuring she is about 3 to 4 weeks out from harvesting and I want to make sure I properly flush everything out. ( I am fertilizing with seaweed extract so Im not too worried).

40 Days into Flower

Things are looking really good and I'm starting to get really excited. My buds keep growing like crazy (they are now over 6 ft. tall). I have stopped fertilizing the Green Poison plant because the pistils are starting to turn brown.

I'm not sure if you should stop fertilizing when the pistils turn brown or if there is some other better way to measure when to stop fertilizing. If anyone does have a better way to measure please let me know.

Temperatures are starting to get interesting, my shed is about 70F during the day and around 35 - 40F during the evening. I am thinking about getting a heater but the plants don't seem to mind and they are putting on lots of bud volume still. If anyone has some advice on this I would like to know.

I have a bunch of pictures to update with as usual. I am really happy to have made it this far.

Green Poison 40 Days into Flower, 105 Days since Planting
IMG_009412.JPG

The leaves are starting to turn from the dark green to a nice dark purple. The buds on top of the plant look really thick and look like they have a lot of weight on them.

Blue Dream 40 Days into Flower, 98 Days since Planting
IMG_009817.JPG

IMG_009715.JPG

IMG_009511.JPG

IMG_009117.jpg

I am amazed at the weight the Blue Dream is putting on, I think there going to be higher yielders than my Green Poison plant.

Me Standing next to one of my shortest Blue Dream plants
IMG_009219.JPG

I am about 5'11" so I would say that my plants are over 6ft tall.

Plants in Shed After Digging Hole deeper so the fit under the light
IMG_010814.jpg

IMG_010413.jpg

I will post some more up close bud shots soon. I hear in the last couple of weeks they can put on up to 40% of their harvest wight which I can't wait to see.

Harvesting Green Poison 60 Days into Flower

Its a pretty exciting night for me because I harvested my Green Poison plant and today is its 60th Day of Flowering. According to the seed package its 7 weeks but there were a few really cold nights that I assumed caused the maturing to go a little slower. I think this turned just about all the leaves on the plant purple (I'm currently melting all the shake into butter). It came out looking pretty good and I have a couple giant buds from it!

Heres the top of one of the secondary colas:
IMG_011717.jpg

IMG_011816.jpg

And here is the main cola, i'm really proud of it it looks like it could easily fill 2 to 3 mason jars. I'm going to buy a scale so I can post the final weight once they are completely dried and cured.
IMG_012613.jpg

I also took some pictures of the plants root system, Im going to do some more active fertilizing the next time around so I'm going to take a comparison photo on my second grow journal, and hopefully I will be able to put this to shame the next time around.
IMG_012115.jpg

And here is the whole plant right before i chopped it down:
IMG_011913.jpg

And for good memories here is her baby photo:
IMG_023914.jpg

Halfway into chopping it up:
IMG_012018.JPG

And here is a group photo of them hanging to dry:
IMG_012515.jpg

My Blue Dream are about 47 days into flowering and I figure they have about 2 - 4 more weeks to finish. Things will be getting a little chillier in the nights, but the Blue dreams seem to be well on there way into maturity and they are looking pretty big, the hairs are starting to turn a nice orange and the plants are looking really really drenched in crystals. Im going to try to get some good close ups of them in a future post.

Let me know what you think I can't wait until I'm smoking my Green Poison. Im going to have a lot of high nights playing Skyrim on my PS3 with this stuff, nice and couch locked.

Also I know there were some gap weeks in the grow journal, if anyone has any questions about the setup or anything else I would be happy to answer them.

nice looking buds! You did a awesome job but maybe next time (let me know if im wrong people) try to let it go a little bit longer. From the pics you took it still had a significant amount of white hairs left. Did you check the trichs? Im a newbie but i bet they would of fattened up a bit more. From what I read, don't go by the seed companies flowering periods because those numbers represent a grow in a perfect world. Anyways, Kudos my friend!

:bravo:

Yeah I think you were right on that I'll get a magnifying glass for when I harvest the Blue Dreams. If I had to do it over again I probably would have given it another week. On the bright side that was just my tester plant and I still have 5 nice healthy Blue Dream Plants to do it right with.

Im making some butter with the shake from the Green Poison, if that turns out well then I'm sure the bud from the Green Poison I harvested would be amazing melted into butter. Or I could also probably make some decent hash. Either which way I'm gone be stoned on this stuff for a while :ganjamon:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom