Carbonated water vs C02 bag or tank?

she said exactly the same as you, It will work out cheaper in the long run with RO

also, if they ever sign off on any expenditure .... you just grab it with both hands and run as far as humanly possible with it before they pour the brakes. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ro system getting ordered, she's paying:cheesygrinsmiley:

get one with replaceable filter cartridges, and most importantly, a replaceable osmosis replacement membrane. you don't want a sealed unit on the membrane. expletive rip-off. you have to be able to open the cartridge and replace it when needed. super simple job.

many newer ones are built as sealed proprietary units, forcing you in to expensive replacement cartridges. the better units allow self-replacement, greatly reducing cost over the long term.

i buy generic filters and membranes whenever i need a replacement. they last a couple three yrs on avg. long enough to forget you need new ones. and they are cheap. tens of dollars tops as opposed to hundredish for the sealed units.

get one with replaceable filter cartridges, and most importantly, a replaceable osmosis replacement membrane. you don't want a sealed unit on the membrane. expletive rip-off. you have to be able to open the cartridge and replace it.

many newer ones are built as sealed proprietary units, forcing you in to expensive replacement cartridges. the better units allow self-replacement, greatly reducing cost over the long term.

i buy generic filters and membranes whenever i need a replacement. they last a couple three yrs on avg. long enough to forget you need new ones. and they are cheap. tens of dollars tops as oppose to hundredish for the sealed units.
I was just about to PM you about what I need to look for. Thanks for that:thumb:

I was just about to PM you about what I need to look for. Thanks for that:thumb:

no worries. might as well since we are all here.

i currently run an on older hydrologic. it's the smaller 3-filter sediment / carbon / osmosis unit. you can get them with more pre-filters, but is usually not needed, unless you are sourcing third world water.

hydrologic is a bit pricey, but the membranes can be upgraded. as long as the fit they cartridge you're set. there's only a couple standard sizes. all you need is a ruler to figure it out.

i can also recommend hydro buddy. cheaper and output is a bit less, but no one i know hates them. some of their lesser units have sealed cartridges, so shop careful.

Back
Top Bottom