Carbonated water vs C02 bag or tank?

Hi all, I was informed about using C02 bag/tank for my plants growth... After some searching on the interwebs, I found a few articles about using carbonated water once a week in place of the C02 bag/tank. In the articles it talks about Carbonated water containing macronutrients, including carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur, and sodium.... which from what I also read basic C02 doesn't contain any of those. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and if yes what were your results. I figure if no one has tried it.... Then the cost of a small case of Perrier for my plants would be worth the experiment. Thought opinions comments?

Yea I was thinking that to, that the bubbles after popping wouldn't leave alot of c02 in the soil. So basically would only be a small dose.... Hmm I may try for a few waterings to see if any change... I don't see how it could hurt. But with the c02 bags do they need to be set high or does ground level work? And thank you

Yea I was thinking that to, that the bubbles after popping wouldn't leave alot of c02 in the soil. So basically would only be a small dose.... Hmm I may try for a few waterings to see if any change... I don't see how it could hurt. But with the c02 bags do they need to be set high or does ground level work? And thank you
Co2 falls so higher would be better.
But air will circulate.

Stay safe
Bill

Hi mate. Good question. The Ph of "fizzy water" is around 4, really acidic. I know the roots can handle acidic water in organic grows, but it all depends on what you are growing in at the time..

@Paul Squiggle I finally figured out how to tag you lol lots of Paul's here. But cool good to know I was going to do a control test for a few watering with the two northern lights I have going. Since they are the same age it will be a good test to see how it's effects growth over distilled water alone.

C02 needs a super controlled environment plus a pile of light to make it work proper.
not to mention nutrition.

99% of the time there are bigger gains elsewhere before looking at C02.

C02 needs a super controlled environment plus a pile of light to make it work proper.
not to mention nutrition.

99% of the time there are bigger gains elsewhere before looking at C02.
Yea no one I know personally uses it. Mainly all older hippie outdoor growers that let them do there thing. I know nothing about it...but since not to many have info on the carbonated waters effect on canna I figure why not try it instead of the bag/tank.

EDIT: Micro doses of it so no need for change in environment?

I use the co2 bags and if nothing else it makes your plants take the heat and yes extra water an nutes for best results :ganjamon:

Hi all, I was informed about using C02 bag/tank for my plants growth... After some searching on the interwebs, I found a few articles about using carbonated water once a week in place of the C02 bag/tank. In the articles it talks about Carbonated water containing macronutrients, including carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur, and sodium.... which from what I also read basic C02 doesn't contain any of those. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and if yes what were your results. I figure if no one has tried it.... Then the cost of a small case of Perrier for my plants would be worth the experiment. Thought opinions comments?
Like to read those articles, because I don’t know where the S, P, K, and Na is coming from in carbonated water (maybe in mineral water), and in what form is it.

Like to read those articles, because I don’t know where the S, P, K, and Na is coming from in carbonated water (maybe in mineral water), and in what form is it.

Here is just a few that I read through... The other I cannot post as they are other grow forums. But I would check it out interesting results behind the method both for foilar spray and for watering. And yes like a club soda or carbonated sparkling water.

You are wasting your time and money doing micky-mouse crap.

The only way to do co2 is either burning propane or a tank. Both need a controller and regulator. Both are kind of expensive.

Perrier is good as a mix with a good bourbon.
It is not for spraying on your plants.

the best way to use c02 is run opposing rooms inside a lung room and have them feed off each other. works way better than the bags.

plants consume c02 in light and respirate it in the dark. they produce 02 in the light instead of respirating. 02 is produced during photosynthesis.

if you use bottles and timers then it's best in a sealed and controlled space. i never used bottles, but have seen some grows where it made a difference. i can't justify the cost for all the gear to get there. it's not just tossing a bottle in.

There are pro's and con's of both.

Bottles are expensive to buy (50 ga; aluminum ones can run $400). Filling can be expensive and time consuming. The bottles are NOT easy to handle or transport. You can get 25 gal bottles but it costs almost the same to fill them as the 50's - so you're paying double.
BUT, it is the cleanest way to provide co2.
Best used on small, very small grows. Like a tent or closet.

Burners are cheaper. Propane is kind of expensive these days but it lasts a long time in your burner. I use 25 gal bottles, easier to handle.
BUT, it is produces a lot of heat (which you are paying for (in air conditioning) and lots of moisture (which you pay for in PM or dehumidifying).

Advice. If you are setting up a 1000 sq foot grow, I would go with propane burner. If you have a little closet you want to use, or a tent ... go with the bottle.

-- Also, keep in mind that C02 is not a panica. It doesn't 'cure' any problems (can make some worse). It is the last thing to do to get a 10% bump when everything else is firing on all cylinders. If the feed is right, and the light is right and the temp, rh ... if EVERYTHING is dialed in, C02 will give you a bump. Otherwise you're wasting money.

Yea no one I know personally uses it. Mainly all older hippie outdoor growers that let them do there thing.
:)I am one of those older hippie outdoor growers and I do not know of any other old hippie that uses extra carbon dioxide on their outdoor grows. There might be a few of us who use it on indoor grows but I don't know any of them. I think you have us old hippies confused with some of those young whipper-snappers.:p;)

Here is just a few that I read through... The other I cannot post as they are other grow forums. But I would check it out interesting results behind the method both for foilar spray and for watering. And yes like a club soda or carbonated sparkling water.
I read all three articles (and took a quick look at the google page you linked). The articles are not about using CO2 for plant growth or about using carbonated water once a week in place of a C02 bag and/or tank. They are about using the mineral water itself. That water contains the macro and micro nutrients as you mentioned. Using mineral water is not suggested as a CO2 source or substitute. As it is, the third article even mentions letting the mineral water go flat (off-gassing any CO2 that was forced into the water under pressure) before pouring the water onto the soil.

I know about the use of CO2 for indoor growing, usually by high-ticket underground growers who are trying to push every gram they can out of their operation. There is no fast or easy substitute to the tanks, bottles and burner methods or the time spent. We are stuck with the traditional methods and the expenses involved that the others have brought up if we want to use extra CO2 during the "lights on" portion of our daily lighting schedule.

Back
Top Bottom