Caregivers?

you have to be a patient to either grow your own meds or have a care giver grow for you. You can't claim your a caregiver without having a patient to care for. Just saying your a care giver is not enough. A patient has to name you to the state on the application form

under the 420sb guidelines, as a caregiver you must provide housing to be considered a "primary" caregiver as well as food shopping cleaning etc. so you dont want a caregiver or lable yourself as a caregiver (as it just provides ammo for a prosicutor to prove you arnt one and therefore illegally entered into a scam for profit/drugs etc). patients in a collective are able to trade MMJ for fair compensation or other services/products so every dispensary is actually a collective. the caregiver thing was pretty much thrown out last year after a court decision. My best recomendation... go to Oaksterdam, take the basic legal seminar, it goes over all of this.

The long and short is every state has its own laws. Speak to a lawyer to know you local laws for sure. Oaksterdam I'm pretty sure covers Cali law while the original question came from Michigan. I believe Michigan is not yet sure of its own laws (rules) covering MMJ.

Each state has its own guidlines, I wish each patient could have 12 plants in CO, dammnn, in Colorado, its 6 plants and 2 ounces. When I went to get my recommendation from the DOC< I was shown a video on the guidlines, how many plants, what you can posses , etc., even a starter grow video. I thought all clinics did that , but i guess not.

Tintala thats 3 budding and 3 in veg. you know right? You can put your spouse down as your care-giver or trade with someone else you know ( you list them, they list you ) and grow 12. Both of you keep your own. I live in Northern Colo. by the way. Damn I just saw Cali's law from Stikky and I'm really jealous BUT, we can have hash, hash oil, etc. lol. Be Cool. Jeff

Does anyone know if you can be your own caregiver or not? I have not had a felony charge ever for anything and im over 21, can I be the caregiver for my own plants?

I believe that is just right. You are your own caregiver, but be sure to post a sign, wherever you grow, that states "This garden is being grown for medicinal purposes only."

In Colorado you allowed 6 plants 3 flowering and 3 vegging for yourself and If you are married like I am you can have your wife be your caregiver and you can be your wife's caregiver so you can grow 24 plants.

Does anyone know if you can be your own caregiver or not? I have not had a felony charge ever for anything and im over 21, can I be the caregiver for my own plants?

I know several RI Patients who assigned CG status to themselves and doubled their plant. IMHO this is a violation of the spirit of MMJ Law and I would not want to test this in court because of specific plant limitaions assigned to each licensed Patient. In RI the Law states a CG and lic Patient can not posess more than that Patients limit or 12 Flowering and 12 non flowering plants. Read MI Law or get an Atty to do so because your life and freedom hands in the balance.
I was Busted while 420% within limits but cops who have waged a war on Marijuana were ignorant and prejudiced against Medical Marijuana and I am headed to Trial at great personal exspense. So the question is how bad do you really need the extra plants and why cannot you become CG for another Patient? Believe me the jdge will ask this very question because MMJ laws are considered liberal.

In Colorado you allowed 6 plants 3 flowering and 3 vegging for yourself and If you are married like I am you can have your wife be your caregiver and you can be your wife's caregiver so you can grow 24 plants.

What is somewhat unknown is if you designate a full caregiver you give up your rights to grow your own. If you sign the new MMJ registry change of caregiver form you can grow 1/2 yourself and 1/2 by the caregiver. If you are signing over your caregiver rights you are growing hers and she yours, you cannot do both.

So, if you and your wife in Colorado both have cards 12 is the max . 6veg & 6Flower.

-OR-

The best use of Colorado law is be your own caregiver and grow your own. You are still allowed to go to any dispensary and purchase what you need. This is my case, my wife is her own caregiver and I my own. I do all the farming she does all the trimming and if something happens to either one of us no paperwork to redo.

Amendmant 20 protects you from State law 3 and 3 per person and 2 ounces. Thing is it also states "medically necessary" and many people grow more than what is protected (3 & 3 and 2 ounces). If you choose this path, many have got off from any charges(due to the "medically necessary amount" clause) but be prepared to at least go to jail for a day or two and court... minimum. One typical arguement is for more than 3 + 3... you end up with gaps in your available meds from harvest times. Many people I know do 3 seedlings/clones +3 veg +3 Flower, to keep a mini perpetual grow going.

(a) A patient may engage in the medical use of marijuana, with no more marijuana than is medically necessary to address a debilitating medical condition. A patient's medical use of marijuana, within the following limits, is lawful:
(I) No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana; and

(II) No more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.

(b) For quantities of marijuana in excess of these amounts, a patient or his or her primary care-giver may raise as an affirmative defense to charges of violation of state law that such greater amounts were medically necessary to address the patient's debilitating medical condition.

Did you read about the guy in Boulder in a wheelchair busted with 30+ ounces of weed? Got off on all charges and police ordered to return ALL of his stuff. Due to being "medically necessary".

We have a nice, tho somewhat vague law........ =)

If you have kids or want no State issues at all I would advise 3 veg / 3 flower and no more than 2 ounces per person with Colorado red card, period.

:peace:
WillyB

oops double post

I am a CG/patient in Oreganja... I am allowed to posses 1.5 lbs for myself (patient) and also 1.5 lbs for each patient I care for.
I am also allowed to have 6 plants over 12x12 or in flower... or... 18 plants under 12x12 and not flowering! (this is per card I hold)

I strongly suggest that if you want to play this game that you know and completely UNDERSTAND you local/state laws regarding MMJ... peace out!

Pay attention to your plant counts in Colorado... This is the year they are going to crackdown on the caregivers. If you live in Denver you can only grow 12 plants max ( zoning violation) for you and a patient you are caregiving for. I heard Aurora already has a task force to check on legal caregivers and their grows.... Don't be the person they make an example of. Read and understand your MMJ laws, and if you don't understand, then get a lawyer... If you have kids in the house, better rethink your plan.... All kinds of shit is going to be coming into play this year in Co. Be ready, don't get caught off guard....

Yes you can and MsRedEye is absolutely right in saying you can grow 12 plants and possess up to 2.5 oz. usable marijuana here in Michigan. Just to make you feel more secure, you can find the answers by going to MDCH mmp Redirect . I would recommend checking this site out. It has all the information you need. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom