Changes and enlightenment

Dahumungous

Greetings to all,

Introductions for what it's worth...

I am a man in my 40s, been smoking weed off and on for 27 years. (mostly off). Recently I have had what I can only describe as a religeous experience...

I was diagnosed with lupus about 10 years ago. I have been on every medication known to man, including chemo (massive doses). Sometimes it all worked, sometimes not. but the consistent problem was severe pain, stiffness, and nausea from the chemo. When it was bad it was like the worst case of flu you've ever been around. I was bed ridden for years in the beginning.

Not too long ago my father in law was diagnosed with cancer. During a visit he told me about the medicinal uses of cannibas and how it helped him with his chemo treatments and pain. Now I have to admit, I thought it was BS when I heard it. I had smoked some schwag a few times during my treatments and it didn't do much at all. But he told me about the different effects of some of the higher end stuff, and then gave me a little.

After trying it, the pain and stiffness eased off dramatically, the nasuea was flat out GONE, I wasn't depressed or worried....to put it mildly, it was different than anything I had smoked in 25 years (since I was young, before the drug war was in full effect and you could GET stuff like that). But again, I wondered if it was just my brain trying to rationalize it all and use it as an excuse or a crutch.

Next day, I tried it again. The curtain lifted, the angels sang, and I now realize fully that my government has been lying all these years. if you've ever seen "The Matrix", it's like taking the red pill!!!! Ignorance is bliss for most people, and that's how "they" win.

I am enlightened and actually somewhat angry about it all. To think how needlessly I suffered all those years, and how my father in law was considered a criminal for what he did...he's passed on now. it is enough to make anyone furious.

This has to change. I live in a state where the police and general population are so ignorant they don't see any difference between cannibas and crack. What the hell am I supposed to do? Suffer because the government knows better for me and the rest out there just like us?

I won't do it. I can't do it. This is MY life and it's ticking away every second. I am going to do whatever I have to do to survive and enjoy what's left of my life. After further review I am in strong support of full legalization. The shame is I had to get this sick before I found the truth. How many won't?

Luckily I found this site, and found a DEEP wealth of information on the subject. I would lead the charge if I knew how.

oh well, at any rate, I'm a more enlightened person today!

DH

:welcome: great intro ... u sure validate some facts that alot of people dont understand yet ... thanks for sharing ... see you around the forums ... :peace:

I shake my fists at the gov every time I think about it. Can you imagine how wonderful it would be if our fine government had used all the money and labor to improve our country and research energy alternatives? We took a left turn off the path of reason many years ago starting with Hurst and his buddies. We've been paying a HUGE price for that decision for SOOOOOO many years now. It just makes me want to vomit when I think of it. I havn't even touched on how much we've screwed up other contries enforcing our will on them.

We, of course, are tortured for even speaking our minds about the subject in public.

Cheers

Welcome brother, you're among friends and compassionate empathizers. Sometimes you need to make a decision that's best for you despite what the state and federal government says. If you're careful the benefits far outweigh the risk.

Welcome aboard! As long as you're smart about it, you generally won't run into any problems with law enforcement.

The more we do against our government, the less control it has over us.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I feel like I'm home...whoda thunk....

I intend to be as discreet as I can be, last thing I need is DEA thugs messing with my freedom over something like a plant. Luckily my family understands and they're all supportive. Beyond these walls nobody will ever know (hopefully).

I already completed my first grow from bagseed, and let me tell you...I got lucky. I used only Home Depot incandescent grow lights and it worked. A few of the plants turned out covered in crystals and VERY lemony smelling. They had obvious sativa characteristics and took forever to mature (like 12 weeks) and doubled thier heigth. I REALLY wish I had cloned one, but I wasn't comfortable cloning that far into flowering. Didn't know if it'd work.

I'd like to procure some decent seeds, upgrade the grow location and do it myself, off the grid so to speak. I have a zillion questions and look forward to sharing and finding the answers.

I just wish I knew how to help get this legit. My state shows no real signs of acceptance or legalization for medical use. It should be legal across the board, especially for medical use. Anyone who thinks it's not a very effective treatment is a damned fool. Luckily we have record numbers of people "trying pot for the first time". And that's all it takes for someone to realize they've been mislead. I remember when I was younger, my friends and I would get stoned and watch old Dragnet shows and crap where idiots would smoke a joint and then act like an asshole and try to jump out of a window....and we laughed at how stupid it was. We felt like tearing UP a box of Captain Crunch, but I don't recall delusions of flight. LOL

This right now looks like the best chance we've ever had at ending prohibition. The truth is on our side, but we should be relentless. With all of the crap going on in the world it's not going to be easy to get this issue to the forefront. But I am hopeful at least.

you guys are awesome!

DH

Incandescent lights aren't the optimum spectrum but I've heard they will "work". You might want to look into CFLs or metal halide for veg and HPS for flowering.

I made a post in the grow room section about it....

but basically I want to upgrade to 2 600w HIDs. because if they can do THAT with crappy incandescents, I can't imagine how they'll like HIDs!!!

It turned out some pretty decent smoke. I expected disaster, it was an experiment just to see if I was capable of doing it. I got my answer, and am now really excited about it. The quality was much better than street stuff, and they yielded about an ounce per plant.

I'd go with 2 x 1000s if I thought I could handle the heat issues. Trouble is having zero experience with them, I don't know how much heat we're really talking about. As in terms I could understand?

-DH

I live in a state where the police and general population are so ignorant they don't see any difference between cannibas and cr*ck.

My state shows no real signs of acceptance or legalization for medical use.

mine either, im fairly sure that my state will be the last to go legal for any kind of use ... i just wish i knew what the govt. here is so damn scared of.

saddest part is that this state is built on farming, go figure

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I feel like I'm home...whoda thunk....

I intend to be as discreet as I can be, last thing I need is DEA thugs messing with my freedom over something like a plant. Luckily my family understands and they're all supportive. Beyond these walls nobody will ever know (hopefully).

I already completed my first grow from bagseed, and let me tell you...I got lucky. I used only Home Depot incandescent grow lights and it worked. A few of the plants turned out covered in crystals and VERY lemony smelling. They had obvious sativa characteristics and took forever to mature (like 12 weeks) and doubled thier heigth. I REALLY wish I had cloned one, but I wasn't comfortable cloning that far into flowering. Didn't know if it'd work.

I'd like to procure some decent seeds, upgrade the grow location and do it myself, off the grid so to speak. I have a zillion questions and look forward to sharing and finding the answers.

I just wish I knew how to help get this legit. My state shows no real signs of acceptance or legalization for medical use. It should be legal across the board, especially for medical use. Anyone who thinks it's not a very effective treatment is a damned fool. Luckily we have record numbers of people "trying pot for the first time". And that's all it takes for someone to realize they've been mislead. I remember when I was younger, my friends and I would get stoned and watch old Dragnet shows and crap where idiots would smoke a joint and then act like an asshole and try to jump out of a window....and we laughed at how stupid it was. We felt like tearing UP a box of Captain Crunch, but I don't recall delusions of flight. LOL

This right now looks like the best chance we've ever had at ending prohibition. The truth is on our side, but we should be relentless. With all of the crap going on in the world it's not going to be easy to get this issue to the forefront. But I am hopeful at least.

you guys are awesome!

DH

High, nice intro and welcome. The first step in fighting prohibtion is to educate the uneducated i.e governers, senators, mayors, judges, etc... by contacting them or sending letters that are pre - composed thru sponsored webites such as... mpp.org.. get on their email list, you will receive notices on letters to send congress and senators. It really helps. Also Americans for safe acces usually has some sort of letter you can send as well to help end prohibtion. IT is mpp.org who has funded (thru members) and paying bystanders to take on D.C. they have a fulltime lobbyist on capitol hill to countereact any oppression by the governement. Aaron Houston. THey take their donations and use them wisely to help legislate petitions in each state that doesn't have mmj on the ballot. They have been succesful in many many states legislation.
Anyways please make yourself aware of the anti-prohibition sites and way to educate ignorance.

I'd go with 2 x 1000s if I thought I could handle the heat issues. Trouble is having zero experience with them, I don't know how much heat we're really talking about. As in terms I could understand?

Not much heat at all if you go with cooled lights. Also it's a mass balance problem, meaning what's the offsetting cooling capacity, the air exchange capacity, and the room size?

I might suggest you approach this from the other oside...

Before you decide how much light you need and how much heat, decide how many plants you're going to grow in what sized space. Generally 50-100 watts per sq foot is a reasonable light target, with 1 to 1.5 sq feet per plant

Thanks more!

To answer the grow/light thing, it looks like 48 square feet, and as many as I can fit LOL Not interested in commercial growing per se....just me. But I can go through a lot.

Seriously though that amounts to roughly 2000 watts, so that'd be 2 x 1000s. Room has a decent window AC unit, but it's not insulated. Not a whole lot of ventalation to the outside. Would have to get really creative there. Ceilings are only about 6-7 feet. Would 6" inline fans/filters be enough? Like I said I just can't get a real idea of how much heat I'd have to get rid of.

Err guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and find out...

Oh and letters to clueless congressmen on the way...LOL

-DH

Back
Top Bottom