Choosing nutrients

SmUrFx1028

So I’ve seen some friends in the past use this but I never kept up with how it worked for them. It’s been 8 years since I last grew and I’m prepping to do an auto flower. Has anyone used this or have any opinions (also a photo of my soil) treat me as though I have never done this before please. :)

Attachments

• 31609BF5-A96E-4F1A-A20C-70B5C82FB1CB.jpeg
    31609BF5-A96E-4F1A-A20C-70B5C82FB1CB.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 32573459-1142-4C4F-A243-F5F16546E7EE.jpeg
    32573459-1142-4C4F-A243-F5F16546E7EE.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 45
I'm an advocate for true cannabis nutes
The veggie nutes just aren't designed for what cannabis needs

I've used Shultz in my veggie garden, but not weed

Soil wise, nothing with time release nutes, again, designed for veggies
Fox farm soil is great and easy

Good luck my friend

Thank you. Yeah I’m trying to stay affordable on my first go here, invested a bit more than I’d like so far. I’m okay with spending money for quality but it needs to be a process unfortunately. I just also know the Shultz is pretty cheap. Also I tried to get a soil that had really no additives just in case I mess up with nutrients

You can get a full line of cannabis nutes for under $30

Not sure where u are, but doing it right makes a big difference than just doing it, and really, it doesn't cost that much more

Ok

I use General Hydroponics Flora trio

But I'm gonna try something new next grow, simple, good and easy
Dyna-Gro products: Foliage Pro and Protekt.

Not sure what u can get in Kanuckistan, but the AE products are great too

If you can find General Hydro Flora Nova there, you can probably get by just using the Bloom formula alone. About $13 for a pint of it off the 'zon. Should last you through your first grow easily.

If not that, take a look around and see if any of the stores near you carry something called "Alaskan Fish Fertilizer". It's a good formulation for cannabis.

I use Thrive in my soil growing. Cheap, and comes in veg and flowering versions. Add a bit of worm juice or seaweed extract from time to time, and once or twice a grow some trace element powder.

If i try hydro next time i'll go for off the shelf hydroponics nutes as that is heaps more convenient than making up my own stock solutions.

Have had great results using Greenhouse powder feeding....
The Kings of cannabis designed nutrients... The Strain Hunters.
So simple. Add nutrients till right ppm, correct the ph and off you go...

Never used the soil. Schultz plant food. I used it as a floral spray years ago. It was great for that as the plant only takes in the nutrients it needs. I just sprayed them daily with it. You can't use floral feeding after flowering sets in. So it is limited in it's use's but if it is all you got it works.

Go with GH flora trio. bout 16 bucks a bottle where I live X 3 bottles needed.

Buy a bag or brick of promix hp and thats technically all u need.

I use rapid rooters in solo cups with promix to start seeds. Cut small holes in the bottom of the solo cups leave half an inch of water in the drain tray and lay a piece of saran wrap over the tops of the cups. As soon as u see it starting to sprout (like any action at all) remove the wrap and remove that cup from the wet tray and allow to dry pretty well completely before watering again.

After that I add about 15% sea soil organic compost to my promix on all re-pots going forward and go easy on the nutes until later stages of flower. IMHO the organic soil makes it taste better on finish and I think evens outs the nutes/PH if yer a little out.

I stopped using bloodmel and fish products because the coyotes, foxes, and raccoons were keen to find out what type of dead things were buried under the plants.

Thank you. Yeah I’m trying to stay affordable on my first go here, invested a bit more than I’d like so far. I’m okay with spending money for quality but it needs to be a process unfortunately. I just also know the Shultz is pretty cheap. Also I tried to get a soil that had really no additives just in case I mess up with nutrients
Hi, glad to see you getting back into it. I like coco coir and Advanced Nutrients but I am a new grower. I water with nutrients every day and haven't had any trouble. Good luck with the grow.

Back
Top Bottom