Choosing the right HPS light

ClearCrow

hey guys, starting a new hydro setup. i never used hps before and i am about to purchase my first hps cool tube. my first plan was to get a 1000w system but after thinking i think thats to much wattage for my setup. i am going to be using a box that is 6 feet tall 4 week wide and 2 feet deep. ill be growing 6 plats in a scrog style. so i am stuck between a 600w and a 400w. price is not an issue because i found them both for the same price. my total grow space is 48/ft2
please help.

peace.

Re: choosing the right HPS light.

I have the same size setup...I have a hydrohut silver 2x4 tent which is actually 28" x 58" x 78" and I have achieved over a pound with 6 plants in this setup, scrog in a V-shape and use a 400w MH and a 600w HPS...sticky, very dense buds!!

because of the size of your tent I would recommend using 2x 400w or like mine...1 400w and 1 600w.. even 1 600w light with reflector wont cover wide enough unless you have it all the way to the top of your tent...which then you are losing a great amount of intensity because of the distance away from your lights....2 lights covers your rectangular grow area much more evenly and if you used 2x 400w you would be able to have your light's much closer to your plants, achieving a greater intensity overall!!

a 400w is ideal for about a 3x3' area
a 600w is ideal for a 4'x4' area....

i was told you could use a (haligen?SPELL) light to bud its 3200 k does anyone know of this

They lied to you.......

on another note, I actually think the 1000 is perfect for a 4x4 tent...

thanks guys. looks like i will be going wiith the 600w. and instead of the cool tube im getting a cool tube hood. apparently it covers a bigger surface area than just the cool tube does.

Back
Top Bottom