Clone Trouble

The mother plant is 50 days old. Any cutting taken from the mother is the same age as the mother; it does not matter if it is the same day or 100 days later. The cutting is the same age as the mother on the day the cutting was taken. even if it has its own roots and has grown stems, leaves and maybe flowers.

If the mother was flowering and a cutting is taken, stuck in soil, grows roots and goes back into a vegetating stage it remains sexually mature and will develop flowers when the right length of night or a dark period is provided.

No way around it, the plant is as old as the first plant that was grown from seed. Clones are considered an exact genetic copy produced from a piece of the original. However, genetic changes can take place in one and not the other from them on.

No matter what we do or how long we wait the clone will never revert back to being a seedling.
The mother wasn’t flowering tho, and I have recently struck another clone from her who is growing normally.

I’ll get pics after work.

I have never had a clone behave this way, and I’ve struck a few in the last year, including little monsters.

Ok here is a clone comparison.

Same mother plant in Veg, she was day 68. She is a beautiful Mimosa EVO who is now day 23 in flower. The freaky looking one is 5 days older than the more normal looking clone.

Actually now I’m thinking about it, I think they might be the exact same age. I took both the normal looking clone and the freak after I cut her back when the mother plants growth got out of control while I was away for a week.

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice as to why she looks so cRaZy.

E16B8A8E-E628-4807-937D-D8688D5D13EF.jpeg
7C7B8F28-7E05-4955-BE7D-BD9755DB989F.jpeg

I get that to some looks like a re veg and I know its not maybe has something to do with having 24 hour light when waiting to root
Most of the time it's the little pain that don't want to root for 2 weeks

Just a little thought what part of the plant did the cuts come off I never kept track of that to se which ones do it i always cut low stuff thats gonna get tossed anyway
Once they take off they're fine

The mother wasn’t flowering tho, and I have recently struck another clone from her who is growing normally.

I’ll get pics after work.

I have never had a clone behave this way, and I’ve struck a few in the last year, including little monsters.
I thought that you were wondering how or why the clone would be the same age as the mother plant.

As for cuttings acting like they are going through a vegetating stage here is one thought. The mother plant may have been sexually mature enough that it is producing enough of the hormone that starts the flowering phase, but that is all, just barely enough.

I have had mothers that were showing one sigma (pistils) at each node along with a shortening of the space between each node. The plant was looking like it was going into flower except it would continue to grow in this sort of 'pre-flower' stage as long as the lights came on for 16-18 hours out of every 24.

Any cutting taken would continue to do this and that might be one of the reasons I have a harder time getting cuttings to root. But, when I would take any plant that showed this pre-flower condition outside where it could receive more intense light (sunlight) it would revegetate. I noticed the single blade leaves, the smooth edges and so on. Within approx 2 weeks it was back to producing 3 and then 5 finger leaves.

i've had stressed cuttings and even mother plants that reverted to single leaf from plants that were never near flower. it's almost the same thing as a reveg. the plant is regenerating from the root zone out.

I get that to some looks like a re veg and I know its not maybe has something to do with having 24 hour light when waiting to root
Most of the time it's the little pain that don't want to root for 2 weeks

Just a little thought what part of the plant did the cuts come off I never kept track of that to se which ones do it i always cut low stuff thats gonna get tossed anyway
Once they take off they're fine
Omg I’m such a moron.

I went back in my journal and had a look. The clones were actually taken on the same day. One was an out of control top, and the other was a little growth on the side of my plant trunk at the base.

I have successfully grown monstercropped clones and had them Reveg, but I’ve never seen a veg clone do this. I guess I’m just herm scared and I just want to be sure it’s ok.

Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

2E4AE219-148F-4479-AFDD-29035A622262.jpeg
5BCBF4F0-81E9-4F5F-974E-F9A6A02F96FE.jpeg

I thought that you were wondering how or why the clone would be the same age as the mother plant.

As for cuttings acting like they are going through a vegetating stage here is one thought. The mother plant may have been sexually mature enough that it is producing enough of the hormone that starts the flowering phase, but that is all, just barely enough.

I have had mothers that were showing one sigma (pistils) at each node along with a shortening of the space between each node. The plant was looking like it was going into flower except it would continue to grow in this sort of 'pre-flower' stage as long as the lights came on for 16-18 hours out of every 24.

Any cutting taken would continue to do this and that might be one of the reasons I have a harder time getting cuttings to root. But, when I would take any plant that showed this pre-flower condition outside where it could receive more intense light (sunlight) it would revegetate. I noticed the single blade leaves, the smooth edges and so on. Within approx 2 weeks it was back to producing 3 and then 5 finger leaves.
Thank you for your thoughts.

The odd looking clone is now 30+ days. I did notice yesterday that her new growth is looking like 3 finger leaves.

I guess I just want to be sure she hasn’t hermed, because she was obviously stressed. Just so odd the other clone took to growing like a duck to water. She is the best clone I’ve ever struck tbh.

i've had stressed cuttings and even mother plants that reverted to single leaf from plants that were never near flower. it's almost the same thing as a reveg. the plant is regenerating from the root zone out.
Hi bluter :)

Thanks for chipping in :)

I’ve never seen a veg clone do this. Do you think she’s ok?

I've had clones do this...Heck I've got some right now that are doing it that are clones of clones of clones of clones from a seed I popped a few years ago! Some say it's a form of genetic drift or stress from excessive propagating or whatever like when you see clones with alternating leaf sets instead of matching pairs of nodes, etc.
I'm actually tempted to spray one with some colloidal silver to create some feminized seeds and see if genetics reset and the seedlings grow full leaf sets or if the offspring continue with 1-3 leaves

I've had clones do this...Heck I've got some right now that are doing it that are clones of clones of clones of clones from a seed I popped a few years ago! Some say it's a form of genetic drift or stress from excessive propagating or whatever like when you see clones with alternating leaf sets instead of matching pairs of nodes, etc.
I'm actually tempted to spray one with some colloidal silver to create some feminized seeds and see if genetics reset and the seedlings grow full leaf sets or if the offspring continue with 1-3 leaves
Hi bloke :)

Yeah it’s an odd one that’s fo sho.

I’ve never seen a veg clone do this. Do you think she’s ok?

they take a little longer to get going but they'll be fine.

I have been growing for around 18 months, and I’m currently on my fourth 420 Mag assisted grow. While I’m rubbish in many areas of growing, I seem to do clones okay.
A newbie that can clone is rare.
You got the touch, naturally.
Cloning is as much an art as skill.

I killed HUNDREDS until I figured it out.
Even now, my success rate is about 85%. Yup, that's all. Only the strong survive around me, and I been cloning for a long, long time.
LoL

A newbie that can clone is rare.
You got the touch, naturally.
Cloning is as much an art as skill.

I killed HUNDREDS until I figured it out.
Even now, my success rate is about 85%. Yup, that's all. Only the strong survive around me, and I been cloning for a long, long time.
LoL

Thank you :)

That was very nice of you to say.

My favourite way of cloning is monstercropping. I love the time, patience and care that is needed to make them strike.

It certainly is a strange looking plant, and omg the rootball when I uppotted was mental!

Back
Top Bottom