Clone Trouble

Hi there :)

I have been growing for around 18 months, and I’m currently on my fourth 420 Mag assisted grow. While I’m rubbish in many areas of growing, I seem to do clones okay.

I am currently growing a beautiful Mimosa EVO. She is prolly the prettiest plant I’ve grown so far, but cloning her ugggh. The clones seem to strike brilliantly, but then within 2 weeks they look stressed and depressed to the point of nervous breakdown. The colour is great, the growth is great, but the leaves are all mong.

I’d be so sad if I have to say goodbye to this pretty girl come harvest without any clones to follow on.

I have currently got a baby clone from her as well which is still looking good. I have actually struck this one for a friend.

I’m concerned she could even be herming.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Thank you :)

D5F7F5DF-BD8A-4A44-A311-409366A7B6AA.jpeg
FE4055BC-B191-4E9E-B293-D582ACD624AE.jpeg
12682CE3-4D53-43F8-B5DD-1C878CE1E967.jpeg

Hi there :)

I have been growing for around 18 months, and I’m currently on my fourth 420 Mag assisted grow. While I’m rubbish in many areas of growing, I seem to do clones okay.

I am currently growing a beautiful Mimosa EVO. She is prolly the prettiest plant I’ve grown so far, but cloning her ugggh. The clones seem to strike brilliantly, but then within 2 weeks they look stressed and depressed to the point of nervous breakdown. The colour is great, the growth is great, but the leaves are all mong.

I’d be so sad if I have to say goodbye to this pretty girl come harvest without any clones to follow on.

I have currently got a baby clone from her as well which is still looking good. I have actually struck this one for a friend.

I’m concerned she could even be herming.

Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Thank you :)

D5F7F5DF-BD8A-4A44-A311-409366A7B6AA.jpeg
FE4055BC-B191-4E9E-B293-D582ACD624AE.jpeg
12682CE3-4D53-43F8-B5DD-1C878CE1E967.jpeg
Hey T are you concerned about that clone?
She is fine.
Re-vegging from being in flower but fine.
If you want to grow clones galore really easily check my cloning and potting tutorial thread.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey T are you concerned about that clone?
She is fine.
Re-vegging from being in flower but fine.
If you want to grow clones galore really easily check my cloning and potting tutorial thread.

Stay safe
Bill
Yes I am.

It’s not a monstercropped clone. The plant it was taken from was in veg.

It’s a veg clone.

Thank you. I’m actually okay at striking clones. I’ve not had this happen before and it’s the second clone from my mimosa evo that had done this.

You are the best doll cakes….

Single blades and 3 blades are signs of photoperiod stress which is totes normal since you start with clones taken from flowering chicks. When she gets to 5 bladed fans then it resumes growing normally…..
The plant wasn’t in flower.

It’s a veg clone.

wow ok well… as you know I’m highly prone to screw the pooch and get it wrong…. but for whatever reason it appears the clones are revegging. Since we just tripped the winter solstice on Dec 20th I’m thinking the flower hormones were already present and building up in the host or clone mother plant even tho she may not have shown her pistils yet…

Yes I am.

It’s not a monstercropped clone. The plant it was taken from was in veg.

It’s a veg clone.

Thank you. I’m actually okay at striking clones. I’ve not had this happen before and it’s the second clone from my mimosa evo that had done this.
Sorry T I misunderstood. :Namaste:
Must have just started like 013 mentioned.

Stay safe
Bill

ok cool, thought so.…. yep 2 to 3 weeks as clone but also same age as mom
Oh hang on. Clone is 2-3 weeks. Plant was maybe day 50. I took the clone when my plant got wild after being left on my holiday.

When young plants produce these single bladed leaves, that's a sign they are trying to get enough light as fast as they can. It happens on my clones quite often, and I don't worry about it. Once they develop more, full leaves emerge.

Oh hang on. Clone is 2-3 weeks. Plant was maybe day 50. I took the clone when my plant got wild after being left on my holiday.
The mother plant is 50 days old. Any cutting taken from the mother is the same age as the mother; it does not matter if it is the same day or 100 days later. The cutting is the same age as the mother on the day the cutting was taken. even if it has its own roots and has grown stems, leaves and maybe flowers.

If the mother was flowering and a cutting is taken, stuck in soil, grows roots and goes back into a vegetating stage it remains sexually mature and will develop flowers when the right length of night or a dark period is provided.

No way around it, the plant is as old as the first plant that was grown from seed. Clones are considered an exact genetic copy produced from a piece of the original. However, genetic changes can take place in one and not the other from them on.

No matter what we do or how long we wait the clone will never revert back to being a seedling.

Back
Top Bottom