Close to Harvest: Any Tips?

RandyMarshT

Hello everyone!

I have 2 feminized white widows growing in my 5x5 right now. I have them in fox farm ocean forest soil, 10 gallon pots and have given them 5 compost tea batches through there life and my last one was 2 weeks ago. I usually use some liquid kelp, urb, molasses, flower girl 3-9-4 and some high quality compost.

I keep very good airflow in my tent with 4 separate fans. Rh is 50-60% temp 68-75. One mars hydro tsw 2000 18 inches above cannopy and one mars hydro ts 600 put at an angle for lower growth. I've tried not to allow much lower growth tho. I do use a scrog net as well

These are the first feminized plants I've grown, I've grown 10 autoflowers over the past year with around 20-50g's per plant. These are definitely the largest plants I've grown to date. Tuesday will be week 6 and 7 of flower. One plant entered flower late According to leafly they take 8-9 weeks.

Do you guys think these will finish on time?

What do you guys think of my grow and do you have any tips that I could improve on for the next round or to finish this one out?

Also any one else like guessing how much their plants will yeild once it starts getting closer to cutting them down? Lol I am getting so excited to try these girls they are starting to smell so good!
Snapchat-1860832902.jpg

Snapchat-949013711.jpg

Snapchat-289095999.jpg

Snapchat-1611462826.jpg

Snapchat-2009178664.jpg

Snapchat-2120370620.jpg

Snapchat-1654699845.jpg

love the garden in a garden,, very cool

one tip,, put another plant in there,, ha kinda kidding, but not really,, :laughtwo:

plants look super friend,, but,, long way to go, in my opinion,, three weeks perhaps,, more maybe,,

ok,, little closer look and perhaps not super,, but perty darn good,,:thumb:

i'm gonna have a bit of white widow hash to honour your grow friend

karma sent to em,, great job

one more thing,, the level of the soil,, i have never used cloth bags but could you not have put more soil in there? 10% more soil = 10% more roots = 10% more top growth. or there abouts

I use a microscope to look at trichomes. The plant in week 7 looks really milky, no amber yet and not much clear left. Week 6 is a mix of clear and milky. And I wish I could've added more soil but I didn't have anymore at the time lol but I'm definitely going to address that in my next grow

From what you posted you might want to look at this link for Variable Pressure Deficit VPD
Lowering the RH in the grow area will help in the transpiration of the leaves and buds which leads to the yield.
They are looking good and here is a chart to help you decide when ready.
trichome_maturity_guide.jpg

From what you posted you might want to look at this link for Variable Pressure Deficit VPD
Lowering the RH in the grow area will help in the transpiration of the leaves and buds which leads to the yield.
They are looking good and here is a chart to help you decide when ready.
trichome_maturity_guide.jpg

that chart,, i know that the info provided there under the pics has been the consensus for ever

but according to ed resonthals science it is simply not correct

mature clear trichomes have the most psychoactive properties

as soon as the trichome begins to turn cloudy it begins to lose it's psychoactive properties,, the psychoactive properties degrade into other cannabis components, not into nothing

vpd,, yes,, seems to be the new catchword/letters. for sure worth understanding,, i gotta get on that,,

cheers friends

Toss the calendar out the window and watch the plants. Helps to track what you are doing meaning label your batches, chopped at clear, taken at cloudy, cut at mostly amber etc

pistils are an indicator too if she is still full of fresh light colored pistils then she’s not necessarily growing taller but still putting on mass at the buds. Pistils should turn dark and shrink up as you near harvest window

it is possible to do staggered harvest but works better on a talll multilayered plant. Take top colas and let mids and lowers ripen for another week or two

bud washing is your friend, plain lukewarm water is good

I put my now week 8 plant into the dark room and I'm going to wait until Sunday to cut her down and start to let her dry. I just wanted to post today because the smaller but now denser week 7 plant is in the tent alone and she's really starting to pack the weight on! Just wanted to upload some pics.

I'm growing an autoflower for the first time and I'm waiting until week 8 to even begin to think about chopping it down. It is in week 3 and the buds are just popping out and starting to get sticky. In my past grows I have used a 10x loupe to try to see the color of the trichomes. I like the creative, energetic high so I have harvested when the tric's are milky. I've not been disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom