Closet Coco Grow One

HazyAsh

Going to try to post pictures for each day of the grow.

Strain:
- most likely The Purps

Grow Media:
- started in soil
- changed to 100% coco

Temperature:
- 70 to 85

Humidity:

Light:
- three 26w 6400k cfls
- 18/6

Room:
- this is a temporary grow area

Journal:

Day 1+ Veg:
- plants were under humidity dome
- top of the growing media was sprayed daily with water
- at day 5, seedlings were removed from soil, roots were washed with water sprayer and places into coco

Day 7+ Veg:
- watering every three days by hand with some runoff
- day 11: roots are showing from the drain holes, will be transplanting soon to 1 gallon pots

Nutrient Solution:
- tap water with ph 7.9 and ec 0.3
- dutch master gold grow a and b
- final ph 5.8
- final ec 1.0

day1jan123.JPG
day2jan133.JPG

day3jan143.JPG
day4jan153.JPG

day5jan163.JPG
day6jan173.JPG

day7jan183.JPG
day8jan193.JPG

day9jan203.JPG
day10jan213.JPG

day11jan222.JPG
day12jan234.JPG

Transplanted to 1 gallon pots. Very soon after that the roots started poking from the drain holes. I'll try adding hydroton to the bottom of pots during the next transplant, maybe that will prevent the roots from moving too far down.

Still watering every three days with 5.8ph and 1.0ec. Plants seem to use about 500ml per gallon before runoff starts. Runoff ph is 6.0.

Plants began to produce a faint smell.

day13jan24.JPG
day14jan25.JPG

day15jan26.JPG
day16jan27.JPG

day17jan28.JPG
day18jan29.JPG

day19jan30.JPG
day20jan31.JPG

day21feb1.JPG
day22feb2.JPG

Definitely awesome with the day by day. Are you going to use 100% coco for the whole grow or what are you going to switch to?

Good luck...

Are you going to use 100% coco for the whole grow or what are you going to switch to?

I am going to keep growing in coco. The only reason i started in soil was because my seeds have germinated and i only had soil on hand.

This is how i washed the roots before moving to coco. I taped a net over a plastic 4 gallon water bottle that was cut in two. Once on the net, i sprayed the roots with water sprayer and used tweezers to take out pieces of perlite from the root mass.

replantSmall.jpg

Really enjoying coco so far. It drains ridiculously fast and seems to hold water well at this point. The runoff ph is only 0.2 higher than what i water with. The way it looks and feels is also much better than soil. The option to buy it in a compressed brick is also great since i don't always have access to a car.

brickSmall.jpg

Any updated pics? They look good as far as your last pics of them.

I started my grow at the beginning of the year and I will be cloning soon and I am probably gonna split it up a little and do a little DWC, some coco, and some soil. I have 8 plants in soil that I plant to use for mothers at the moment. I used a combination of FF ocean forest, perlite and coco. I was able to stretch 2 bags of FF ocean forest into close to 3 bags or so by doing that. I just wish I added lime but thats ok, I'll add cal./mag.

I have to look into the coco a little more, I like the fact that its like soil but its not.

So far looking good though Ash, I wish you the best of luck. Stop by my journal if you have a minute and take a breeze through.

I've been working on the grow room from day 27 to 33. Since i had to repaint and install new hardware, the plants were moved around a bit and were under poor light. It seems that they have stretched because of that.

day23feb3.JPG
day24feb4.JPG

day25feb5.JPG
day26feb6.JPG

day27feb7.JPG
day28feb8.JPG

day29feb9.JPG
day30feb10.JPG

day33feb13.JPG
day34feb14.JPG

day35feb15.JPG
day36feb16.JPG

They look extremely healthy regardless of the stretching. Are you using anything other than the Dutch master grow A and B? I'm using DM also, smells like kool aid or some sweet kind of fruit punch or something..... I gotta fight drinking it when I'm high sometimes....LOL However I dont think the grow A and B smell that good its one of the other products that over powers all of the rest. So nothing but DM nutes and coco coir???... I'm fairly amazed with this one. As simple as it is they look to grow great in it. I am starting to like simple more than complicated these days....

They look extremely healthy regardless of the stretching. Are you using anything other than the Dutch master grow A and B?

The hydro store guy told me that coco needs extra magnesium so i am also adding epsom salts. Other than that, just DM.

I switched to 12/12 on day 35. Most of the plants began showing preflowers by day 42. One was male, one female and the other three hermi. I took off all male parts that i could find from those three.

day46feb26.jpg
day48feb28.jpg
day63march15.jpg

Room:

z1small.jpg
z2small.jpg
z3small.jpg

Hi HazyAsh

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom