Cloudy water no matter what I do - Desperate

Sounds 100% like pythium to me. How are you keeping the water temp 20c? Bubbleponics imo needs to be surrounded by a "cool tub" to keep the water cool. If your water was truly 20c or less at all times, you would not have root rot. The bacteria just doesn't live in sub 68f degree conditions.

I highly doubt you can clean this up well enough for a decent grow. But here's what to try:

1. have clean, empty, 2nd buckets nearby.
2. mix a butt load of heavy concentrate of co2 and real RO water (I seriously doubt ac water is clean).
3. hold the lid and entire root ball out of the bad water, suspended in air. (bathtub with help is a good place)

4. SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY with a spray bottle, every single hanging root. Use the back of your hand as a backboard to hold up parts of roots and spray against. You will be able to feel when the roots are clean.

5. Let the plants sit in secondary buckets, no water needed, and clean the hell out of your system.

6. Refill with true ro water, store bought if you must, take tds readings, add nutrient as needed, and before placing your plants back in, give them a once over rinse.

7. Surround your bubbleponics system with ICE WATER. I used 1 liter solid ice jugs in outer buckets during my veg before transferring to my RDWC with chiller. I replaced the ice water jugs twice per day. But these were only plants in veg under t5's and less heat.

Good luck.

**the biggest problem with bubbleponics is in fact water temps. prepare accordingly, and DO NOT drop ice jugs into the root zone. The roots will freeze and just break off.

There is no chance of farming microbes and enzymes to help with this

The root rot won that battle , now you must go the sterile resivior route

This begins with a a major cleanup as described above with added res. treatment soaks using the strongest res treatment ml per gallon suggested.

Keep the water at 63* to 65* during this time to keep the plants happy and the rot unproductive

I would rinse the roots off in the shower and soak them for a few days with light light nutes and a Sterile res treatment as well as hand soaking or with a pump over the top RW or Hydroton in their buckets.

With the strongest advisable sterile treatment mix then dump make a new batch soak for a few days dump and repeat until its cleaned up.

And keep the PH in the 5.5 to 6 range

Worth a try

To prevent this from reoccurring work on a plan to keep the water temperature @ 65*
It should not be too hard there are many ways to accomplish this in our unique situations , problem solve it

Back
Top Bottom