Commercial Grows use Autos?

That is totally his prerogative, he can grow whatever he likes for whatever reason he wants... with that being said, IMO no autos can be extremely potent...even more potent then photo periods. It totally depends on genetics, but another major factor that contributes to the quality of the flower, is the grower themself.... That ruderalis statement might have been true 15 years ago but that is just not the case anymore.. I do however agree that he shouldn’t use an auto for a mother plant lol not because it’s not potent but because it’s on a timer to die lol it’s not like a photo you can veg for years and keep snippin clones. His window for snipping clones would be very small if he decided to mother an auto plant. I’ve also heard that regular seeds could potentially produce more potent buds, but unless he has ALOT of space to make up for all the males he’s going to get then feminized is just the way to go... I grow nothing but feminized seeds and my smoke is extremely potent. This is just my opinion though and it differs for everyone... I would also like to point out that in my area atleast, no matter what the dispensary says about how high the thc levels are the weed is never that good. It always has a few seeds, and it’s just not as potent as you’d expect from what should be the best. The strains I grow absolutely blow the clubs buds out of the water on every level.. taste, smell, appeal, and most importantly the high... and this is with strains that are sometimes marked as “low thc” the thc is just one aspect that effects the high, you could have a 12% thc rated bud and a 30% thc rated bud but that 12% thc bud will get you higher because it was grown, dried, stored, etc properly... the terpenes, flavonoids, and many other things go into how potent a bud is, not just the thc rating.
I hope this helped answer your question a bit. :)

Most commercial settings do Clones I would imagine (as they don't want to spend time and money chasing pheno's and have inconsistent product due to having different pheno's all the time going from seed), with Autos cloning same plant multiple times is not going to work. Far as the Reg or Fem goes imagine it can go either way, as the "old school" folks can feel strongly against them (bastardization ;) ) and the "don't know what they doing in it for the money folks" probably love the idea :rofl: . As said in post above it is a bit more complex far as how the high is than just testing numbers can tell you as had 16% thc stuff from dispensaries kick as hard or harder than the 28% stuff that cost twice as much. I shop more by looks and smell than anything and totally ignore the lab numbers when buying. I haven't grown a lot of Fem seed yet and have had mixed results with it (some good some bad), had more consistency personally with Reg but nothing I can base much on as limited experiences, though I lean more on the old school side of things ;)

Back
Top Bottom