Concerned, rather worried about this plant

Aweedtec

I am on the 19th day since flipping my lights.
On three plants i have in my basement they are all dark green and right under the flower the leaves are slightly lighter. But they are producing flower. I defoliated them and they appear to be like most plants I have ever saw.

On the other hand.... I have a plant in my closet upstairs that is doing the exact opposite. Under the flower the small leaves are dark green. But the leaves directly under those are a lighter shade of green. Under those leaves are yellowing and wilting. Nothing near flower sites are doing this but other leaves are.
When this plant was young it had just as dark a leaves as all the other plants. When it was all the way through veg and right before flipping the lights it was lighter than the others.

What I found out was I missed a two week cycle of nutrients. I thought I would just give it a sprinkle and then wait till its next watering and then give all 4 plants the same 1/4 cup of bloom booster. The lights were flipped on all at the same time and they all have the same soil and same nutrients. Dr Earth veg until bloom and then bloom booster.

I feel like because the shorter larger in diameter plant sucks up so much water than the other plants, maybe it needs MORE nutrients than the others did. I remember someone telling me if they dont have enough nutrients they will start pulling from the leaves. Well that is why I left the leaves on this large diameter plant. I defoliated the other three.

What concerns me is.... what if I have nutrients unable to get to the plant because my soil has somehow locked it out from getting the proper nutrients and now its pulling nutrients from the other leaves I didnt cut off?

Its not like its a ton of leaves that are turning yellow. Just a few each day and one looks like it has some sort of burn on it. But only one leaf. And its in an odd place. Deeper in the middle of the plant.

So my question.... should I flush this plant and then add more nutrients? Or just let it go?

I am making this post because I am genuinely worried that I will have an issue once all these leaves turn yellow and all that is left are the flowers and the leaves directly under them. Then what? If it gets to that point and I still possibly dont have enough fertilizer in the plant... I would be in trouble at that point right?

It is hard to get a photo of the plant exact the shade it is IRL. So these photos are an attempt to help you all see the lighter leaves under the flower locations.
Then, what is concerning to me is the branches that are the lowest are ALL dark green. No yellow anywhere. I have not(Edit: I included one shot after making the post of one of the lower branches) included a close up of those branches but if you look closely in the last photo you can see the lower branches (really low) are all solid dark green.

I will post some of my other plants in a bit so you can see how they seem healthy and nice and dark green. I'm genuinely perplexed since this is my first grow and I dont want to find out i have nutrient lock right after the leaves fall off or after in 2 or 3 days I defoliate the heck out of this plant.

So that I am giving you all info.... The leaves under the flowers got darker 1-2 days after the last feeding... which was two weeks after the last feeding. It was the feeding before that which I missed during veg which lightened the plant up. Maybe I am short on Nutes? I do not know since its my first grow.

And the photo of the yellowed one leaf? I included that because it looks strange rather than just turning yellow. It has burn looking marks on it. So am I worried about nothing and this is just the natural process of a plant when you dont defoliate it?

2nd to last photo is what it should look like.
Last photo is me pulling back some cola to see the yellow leaves under the canopy

Edit: Very last photo is green branches below. Which believe they should all look like.

20231030_082559.jpg

20231030_080527.jpg

20231030_082526.jpg

20231030_082134.jpg

20231030_082238.jpg

20231030_085754.jpg

20231030_090618.jpg

OF all of the issues I wrote about above.... What i read is most common for nutrient lock out is nutrients building up at the bottom of the container. Which is completely possible because I dont always get 10 percent run off. Sometimes I get 2 or 3 percent and occasionally I have gotten none when I water. I give it 2 gallons every other day or every 3 days and it literally uses all of it. In 3 days it will be dry. I mean really dry. So its definitely utilizing the water.
This lighter green leaf under the flower leaves has me bugged out because I dont know what strain this is.

That's a big bushy plant, probably asking for more root space so if it were me I would try upping the feed or frequency, depending on how quickly your medium dries out
Having said that, if you're concerned I don't think a flush would do any harm and you can rule that out that possibility?

That's a big bushy plant, probably asking for more root space so if it were me I would try upping the feed or frequency, depending on how quickly your medium dries out
Having said that, if you're concerned I don't think a flush would do any harm and you can rule that out that possibility?
I was reading an article about common issues.

Now, my water from tap after sitting in a 5 gallon glass container for a day was perfect PH wise. It comes from the town I live in and its treated so I let it sit for a bit so its not so chlorinated.

So then the article spoke about EC. That over 800 is bad. But it didnt say what measurement they were using.
My meter is from VIVOSUN. You can see what mine reads below.... This is the run off water. It measured between 600 and 700 before the water went into the soil. It came out as the photo below....

IT Also didnt say what it was indicative of and how to fix it.

I bought a reverse osmosis filter for my hose so I can change my water issues. I did notice a ring around my 5 gallon bottle. Maybe its mineral build up.

WTF?

So you know... the plant is almost 4 foot in diameter. It is the only plant out of the 4 that came up that is bushy like this. The others are taller but no where near the diameter and no where near the cola count. This plant is insane and I want to see it through as best I can. I also plan to clone it. Problem is... I dont know what strain it is. lol
A buddy of mine bought seeds and doesn't remember the names EXCEPT blueberry pancakes could be one or two of them. But it isn't this one. How do you not remember what the heck you bought?

20231030_103056.jpg

You need to buy a better ec meter the cheap on are always off blue lab make a decent on for reasonable. Also always calibrate your meters even expensive one's get out of wack

chasing run off isn't going to help you with anything.

the plant feeds heavier than your others and it doesn't look to have enough media to support it proper. it's also in a white sided hard bucket which is the worst choice of all, the roots won't like the container and won't be able to take full advantage of the available space for roots.

I flushed it so far 5 gallons through the plant and it lowered the meter to 1380.

you took a starving plant and washed all it's food out of the media.

chasing run off isn't going to help you with anything.

the plant feeds heavier than your others and it doesn't look to have enough media to support it proper. it's also in a white sided hard bucket which is the worst choice of all, the roots won't like the container and won't be able to take full advantage of the available space for roots.
Are you saying it needs MORE Dr Earth? OR are you saying I need to transplant it? It does seem to drink way more than the other plants. This is just an odd very large diameter plant.

you took a starving plant and washed all it's food out of the media.
The plant was just fed 1/4 cup of fertilizer on the 25th. But, I do recall that was for a 5 gallon bucket.

If this plant is too large for this pot at this point then that would be against everything every person who grows stated when I asked earlier if the 5 gallon pots were too small. Everyone said no way.

HOWEVER, this plant is not typical. Its 46 inches in diameter and has 33 large colas on it. I'm baffled.

Are you saying it needs MORE Dr Earth? OR are you saying I need to transplant it? It does seem to drink way more than the other plants. This is just an odd very large diameter plant.

it's outgrown the container. and it won't be able to hit the sides without roots dying because the container will let light through to the media. all the roots on the sides will have atrophied, and aren't supporting the plant, as a result it is feeding itself off the leaves to try and make it to the finish.

edit : never grow in a white bucket.

it's outgrown the container. and it won't be able to hit the sides without roots dying because the container will let light through to the media. all the roots on the sides will have atrophied, and aren't supporting the plant, as a result it is feeding itself off the leaves to try and make it to the finish.

edit : never grow in a white bucket.
Can you transplant a plant this large? Should I just get an 7 gallon felt pot and get it out of this container?

I can certainly cover the sides of the bucket with foil.

EDIT: This plant turned light green at first when I missed a feeding cycle. So in veg it went a month without fertilizer and it was supposed to get it every 2 weeks. I thank my buddy partially but also myself for not looking it up and trusting a single statement. So when I gave it fertilizer it turned darker fast. But then it didnt ever fully darken up. Maybe missing that one cycle caused all of this. I dont know. But if I have to transplant this thing I will be a mess and I have to do it in the closet because it wont fit out the door.

Your plan was to flush it to be sure there was no excess salts then revert to upping the feed
Once you have a plan, stick to it to avoid further complicating matters
The fact it goes green when you feed it is a big hint
Don't think the difference between 5Gal and 7Gal will do much and sounds totally impractical anyway
It is beast of a bush and almost certainly a heavy feeder

Can you transplant a plant this large? Should I just get an 7 gallon felt pot and get it out of this container?

just try and finish it out in the current bucket.

If you reckon the white bucket is adding to the problem, presumably covering it in tape/foil etc would help?

the damage is probably done at this time. roots don't extend any further once the plant is in flower.

the damage is probably done at this time. roots don't extend any further once the plant is in flower.
So..... Straight up.... If I fed this plant 1/4 cup of Dr Earth Bloom Booster 5 days ago and just flushed it with 5 gallons of water total..... but then put ONE heaping tablespoon of Dr Earth bloom booster back on top and ran 90 more ounces of water through it.... Think that is enough or would you give it MORE fertilizer?

The 1/4 cup is about 4 semi heaping tablespoons of fertilizer and that is what the DR Earth calls for for a 5 gallon bucket every 2 weeks. A

This plant is so outrageously large and not knowing the strain is part of the problem for me. If I knew it I would just go find everything out about it and know what to do.

But the fact that it is backwards from every plant I have ever saw online.... meaning... usually the lighter leaves are under the bud(when they are small as its new growth) and the darker are under those. That is how all three of my plants in the basement are doing. But this one is darker under the flower and lighter everywhere else until you get to the bottom branches which are fine in appearance. They are dark and perfect lower. And ONE cola at the top is almost dark everywhere.

I wonder if this thing, from missing that 2 week period, just needs more fertilizer being so much bigger than the other plants.

I'm going to wrap the bucket in duct tape.

EDIT: Wrapped it three times up and down making sure to cover over to the lap so its very thick. Now there is no light on the roots.

20231030_130438.jpg

Usually when I get the red veins in the center of my fan leaves it’s because I fed with ph that was to low .

Ps: please don’t try and transplant it, and wrap that bucket with some tape or something , roots hate light .
All my plants in the basement are red veined but they are supposed to be. At least two of them are. But all of my plants have red stems and red veins in the leaves near flower sites only.

Again, I have no idea what strain this is. I just know it was the best of all of them and missing a fertilizer cycle is not good.
I should have done the research on the fertilizer but I trusted someone's word when they meant something different than they said.

Back
Top Bottom