Continue to veg or go to flower?

Screwnuts33

Member of the Month 3rd Place Winner (Dec 09')
Looking for some input from the experts. Today is day 30 of veg. My tallest plants are about 20-22" and the shortest about 10". I have about 3ft of usable headroom left. Should I continue to veg another week or kick them into flower now? My fear is height limitations. I have not topped or LST'd any of them.

IMG_08214.JPG

IMG_08222.JPG

Hey Screwnuts33:grinjoint:

By all means go to flower now if you have a hight problem.
These babies are going to double or triple in hight. I would even LST or super-crop them if you can. I would hate to see them growing into your lights.:smokin:

By the way, really nice setup you have, nice and clean too.:goodjob:
Your plants look super healthy too. :grinjoint:
Lot of people say to turn the lights out for 24 to 36 hours before going 12-12 flowering so the plants will know damn well what's expected of them.

Hope you have a great grow. :peace:

i love those plants!!! they look like little domes with a barrier of leaf, seriously dense (+rep).

i love those plants!!! they look like little domes with a barrier of leaf, seriously dense (+rep).

Thank you. I had intended to top and do some LST on a few of the plants. However they are so full and bushy I can't see that it would be a benefit. Going to finish then aunatural. It's exciting to be moving on to the next stage. Never thought I would make it this far. 31 days ago these were seeds. Hard to believe.

All doubt is now gone. They go to flower on Monday. I fed them Wednesday and just checked them. They exploded. A good 2-3" of growth and even fuller than before. Sunday they get a nap in the dark and off to the races on Monday for 12/12.

All doubt is now gone. They go to flower on Monday. I fed them Wednesday and just checked them. They exploded. A good 2-3" of growth and even fuller than before. Sunday they get a nap in the dark and off to the races on Monday for 12/12.

Damn things grow like weeds :goodjob:
It's a great feeling to know that all the work you've done is succeeding :grinjoint:
If someone told me that growing wasn't fun, I would know they that they had never tried it.;)
It is fun :grinjoint: and exciting.
The best is yet to come my friend.:ganjamon::surf::ganjamon:

I'm growing 22 plants worth of Bubba Kush (9), Granddaddy Purple (9), and Purple Kush (4). I was planning to veg them 6 weeks, possibly 7 weeks before going to flower.

Isn't it true that if they veg longer and are still growing well they will have the capacity to be able to make more buds?

I'm growing 22 plants worth of Bubba Kush (9), Granddaddy Purple (9), and Purple Kush (4). I was planning to veg them 6 weeks, possibly 7 weeks before going to flower.

Isn't it true that if they veg longer and are still growing well they will have the capacity to be able to make more buds?

Randy,
You are correct. Larger and fuller plants should produce more bud. If you have plenty of light and plenty of headroom grow them big. After one week of flower my largest plant went from about 22" to 40". I have very limited head room. They go crazy during flowering. Take a peek at my journal and see how full 16 plants have made my 4x8 tent. There are huge.

Back
Top Bottom