Day 47

Nearly coming to the end of week seven, it will be time to clone very soon and flower the clones to see what sex each plant here is, and are there any hermies or males in the batch. As I mentioned earlier some male pre flowers were noticed on a few plants. Two plants eventually formed full male flowers which opened and contained tons of pollen when removed from the plants. Some of that pollen even found it way onto a brush and then onto e few pistols on the lowest branch of my flowering Tutankhmon plant I'm also currently running. Sneaky experiment on the side...Tutankhmon X Cookies Kush...guess we will see what happens there one day ha ha.

The plants are out growing the tent ultra fast now as the growth has gone beyond silly ha ha. Once I have taken a few clones they will all be getting a serious chop down and lst the make them fit more happily for a while yet. I want age outta these girls. First clones will be close to two months old when taken, so hopefully they will show strong signs early of sex of hermaphroditism and I can thin this lil family down. 1x-2x 100% Females will be kept, 1x 100% male will be kept if he shows up...and 0 of any plant that shows both sexes. A 100% male would be awesome, but I will be happy if I'm left with one decent Female from the 8 seeds. Looking for something with strong branching, small internode gaps, med height from the population. As well as dense tight buds, strong Indica dominance, and a few truer kush signs, longer fan leaf branches, and THC coming from the buds onto there surrounding leaves. And a light bright green on the leaves, will be shying away from the darker OG leaf colour, and looking for the lighter afghani colour. Plants showing Girl scout cookies leaf pheno have already been removed from the population, they just showed too much like a 60/40 hybrid, bot what I'm after or for which barneys farm received a cannabis cup....lol, lucky the cup isn't judged on consistency eh my ole mate barney? Hey I'm not stressed by the male flowers or multiple phenos, it's been fun embracing it this time! Ride the wave, see what happens! I only grow for myself, so it's not an issue, I have the time to play around with a strain before committing to it or keeping a lil mother tucked away. Learning more about these sort of hiccups and trying to find good quality plants is one of the best parts about growing your own cannabis. It all leads to a cluey grower in the long run!

A few more pics of the cookies population!
IMAG051011.jpg

IMAG051112.jpg

IMAG051214.jpg

Hope your all doin well 420!
KJC420

Looking good as always! Be interested in a smoke report when you get a sample.

Hopefully we will get an early taste off the clones I flower to check the sexes, the full females will stay alive and hermies and male clones will be culled once there sex is established. The goal will be to keep the female with the best buds and high. While full cannabinoid production isnt there on a clone taken from a 2 month old mother, we should be able to get enough of an idea on which one we like the best and which lady to keep. The early smoke report will definitely be getting shared with the 420 family though!

Thanks for your interest brother!
KJC420

Hey man I'll sub in for sure, I currently have a Cookies Kush flowering, unfortunately not the greatest start to its life so it's hermied but idc I still want to taste that cookies kush!! :) Also noticed you live in AUS, I do to so fuck yeah for us haha. I think you're the first aussie I've encountered on here. Thats just me though. Your girls/guys look better than mine so hopefully you get a better perspective on the strain. Peace.

Hey man I'll sub in for sure, I currently have a Cookies Kush flowering, unfortunately not the greatest start to its life so it's hermied but idc I still want to taste that cookies kush!! :) Also noticed you live in AUS, I do to so fuck yeah for us haha. I think you're the first aussie I've encountered on here. Thats just me though. Your girls/guys look better than mine so hopefully you get a better perspective on the strain. Peace.

Hey brother and welcome! Always nice to have extra company along the ride. So far my cookies have had a very fought start also, I'm hoping to get something out of this strain too though, can never hurt to try hunt out the goodness! They suffered 18 hours of pump failure two days ago,I will post photos they looked horride, the roots were almost dryed out and dead, but they have been getting lots of love and for the most part have come back. They did loose a few leaves though ha ha :) I'll be taking clones very soon and flowering em to see what going on sex wise :)

Cheers for subbing up mate!
KJC420

Hey brother and welcome! Always nice to have extra company along the ride. So far my cookies have had a very fought start also, I'm hoping to get something out of this strain too though, can never hurt to try hunt out the goodness! They suffered 18 hours of pump failure two days ago,I will post photos they looked horride, the roots were almost dryed out and dead, but they have been getting lots of love and for the most part have come back. They did loose a few leaves though ha ha :) I'll be taking clones very soon and flowering em to see what going on sex wise :)

KJC420

IMAG051916.jpg

IMAG051716.jpg

IMAG051818.jpg

IMAG052218.jpg

IMAG052313.jpg

Pump failure and recovery pics. Pump failed three days ago.

Still pumpin! Ha ha
KJC420

Phew! man do those ladies/men look sad after that pump failure, good job on getting it rectified though good recovery and whats a few leaves haha :) Will be good to see what you have, I'm hoping that (because yours look healthier than my 1) you get most if not all females so I can see the true potential instead of my hermie fox-tailing version LOL. Peace out brother :Namaste:

KJC420

IMAG051916.jpg

IMAG051716.jpg

IMAG051818.jpg

IMAG052218.jpg

IMAG052313.jpg

Pump failure and recovery pics. Pump failed three days ago.

Still pumpin! Ha ha
KJC420

Wow, nice save! Just had some similar nonsense happen here, they sure are tough!

Phew! man do those ladies/men look sad after that pump failure, good job on getting it rectified though good recovery and whats a few leaves haha :) Will be good to see what you have, I'm hoping that (because yours look healthier than my 1) you get most if not all females so I can see the true potential instead of my hermie fox-tailing version LOL. Peace out brother :Namaste:

Hey mate, yeah it was a huge reliefe to see them recover, I've finally taken my clones and all is coming along well, there just getting a bit too big for the tent now Ba ha. I'll be sure to keep the updates coming mate, thanks for checking in :) ho you still get some nice smoke at the end bro!

KJC420

Wow, nice save! Just had some similar nonsense happen here, they sure are tough!

Hey brother! Cheers for swinging by, hope your plants are recovering strong too, it's such a heart dropping moment when ya first discover em isnt it ha ha! Trying a cross myself too trig, a bit of cookies kush pollen dusted on my a site of my flowering Tutankhmon ha ha. Will know the true sex of these plants soon hopefully as clones are now on the go :)

Hope ya well mate!
KJC420

Hey 420! Quick photo update for everyone, clones taken today, and finger bend lst on mother plants :) more details tmrw!

IMAG052917.jpg

IMAG053014.jpg

IMAG053315.jpg

IMAG053520.jpg

IMAG053923.jpg

IMAG053713.jpg

IMAG053416.jpg

IMAG053216.jpg

IMAG053118.jpg

Happy gardenin all!
KJC420

Tutankhmon sneak peak

My beloved Tutankhmon in week 4 of flower :):rollit::green_heart::rollit:

IMAG054015.jpg

Thank you to everyone of you who has subbed to this grow journal, your presence and encouragement is a constant source of inspiration.

Cheers guys!
KJC420

I believe today is day 62 of the grow, just for reference on the age of plants the clones were taken from. I was trying to hold off and get more time into em, but plant size and lack of space now has made me cut em at the earliest I like to when trying to eliminate hermies, 2 months. I reckon older plants have less chance of hermie clone offspring :) See how go!

KJC420

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! Tutankhmon is really starting to smell now and the buds are starting the bulk out now. It's a soil grown plant, richgrow promix with 25% perlite added. As well as 100% organic fertiliser pellets. It gets fed with canna terra Vega, boost and for the next two weeks or so canna pk 13/14 as well. I nute feed on Monday and thurs, and ph adjusted water every day. On average she drinks around 2 litres of water or I believe just over half a gallon for imperial conversion ha ha. And she lives under a 600w Hps by herself at the moment. I am hoping to get a few seeds off her to try out as well. Cookies kush X Tutankhmon :) if the pollen doner turns out hermie the seeds will most likely be discarded or sent to friends to play with, I'm not ultra keen on hermie lines ha ha. But if the doner is a full male were on!!! Ha ha.

Hopin y'all are well!
KJC420

Quick update today 420,

I've run out of vertical space in my small tent! The cookies kush plants keep stretching, most due to the CFL lighting I believe. So today I have had to viciously top the garden height, painful but it really had to happen. A big handful of happy top had to be cut out to try steal back 10cm of space! The plants have been in the tent realistically way too long, and the grow has had to be really slowed down because of outside factors out of my control. Come late Nov this will be a bit easier and the large hydro system with much more space will be imployed for a flower crop of clones from the mother which comes out on top during Oct/nov. It is day 3 for the clones today and they seem very happy, even after a 5 hr power disruption this morning. Actually all plants are ok, they just suffered a "cloudy morning" in my opinion ha ha :)

As I write this I'm actually considering moving the five adult hydro cookies plants into soil and keeping them alive there till the clone experiment finishes! The soil veg tent has more room, drainage set up on a floor flood table (4x4') and HID lighting! They may enjoy the power boost up to a 600w metal halide, and the Tutankhmon clone in veg could use the company, and set an example to this roudy bunch of cookies! The soil and hydro are as easy as each other the way there set up, but the space is the biggest gain here!

Few stats as averages;

Hydro ph stable 5.8, adjusting every second day by only 0.1-0.2, very happy :)

Cloner ph varies from 5.6 up to 5.9 daily, but small volume of liquid, and constantly aerated so that's expected and I'm happy there.

Hydro ec is now at 1.1 (500ppm nutes) and they are loving it, have slowely risen from 0.7 ec (250ppm nutes). Water is collected rain water with ec average of 0.098, very soft water.

Tent resi and root zone temps have all sat very stable for a while now, the only notable change is over the last few weeks the root zone average has dropped a ℃ or so.

Tent temp: 27.5℃
Resi temp: 18.7℃
Root zone temp: 19.1℃

Lighting: the lights have taken a bit of a turn for the worse at the moment. After a very long life one 200w cfl has died, and the other one is only lighting half of it's bars. The dead 200 was replaced with a smaller 125w CFL. Tough times but I will definitelyvget more 200w CFL's. I love em for cloning and early veg, cheap, cool to touch, well there warm, but you can touch em ha ha. Never ever ever do I recommend touching any form of grow lighting though, never...ever! I don't normally keep plants under cfls long, the penetration power just isn't great, but the intensity up close is good and the heat is never really a prob, even with plant tips one inch from the globes after a fast nights stretch. For veg growth that I want fast and solid growth from I use 600w mh, it cranks so hard for big fast plants but does have all the safety issues and heat issues to account for with HID lighting though of course.

But wait...weren't there 8 seedlings? Yep! The three which looked the least desirable were put into soil in pots and put into a mini greenhouse. The days here are still just around 12 hrs and slowely just now getting longer, so as expected they began to flower! And they were hermie as and terrible little plants which yesterday got culled. Were now down to five cookies seedlings in this project.....however there are three more seedlings in another mini greenhouse doing the el natural thing. So I will keep an eye on em this season and if anything favourable comes from the three outdoor outs I'll clone em and bring em into the indoor program of preso smoko love. I love my outdoor smoke I get each year, but the quality of the indoor medicine is really hard for me to beat in this climate, it's good outdoors but not perfect, and recently the summers hear have been like a tame 5 month spring season going into an early Autumn/fall season, and skipping summer all together! It hasn't been ultra flash weather patterns for a little while now, but I truly believe this summer is going to be a thumper here down under.

I feel like I've been writing, and hopefully you've been reading for way too long now and itddefinitely time for some photos! Thanks for hanging with me 420 :)
IMAG054215.jpg
IMAG054317.jpg

IMAG054416.jpg
IMAG054524.jpg

IMAG054618.jpg

IMAG054715.jpg

Happy toke'n 420 ;)
KJC420

Hey AB! Yeah I will sort of semi defol two weeks from finishing, prob just a blade trim but, keep the leaves but cut all the blades in half :) will def wait till then but, I do one a week or so before flower too :) but for weeks one to seven I'll leave her be, she gets a popcorn trim about week two, anything that won't fill out or get enough light gets cut early. Try lower stress during flowering but I can't help myself sometimes lol :)

KJC420

Nice, subbed for the ride. Wow those CKs have had a bumpy ride but looking better now. Peace!!

Hey shaggn and welcome! Ha ha yeah that have had a rough ride so far, with all that stress I'll be happy to get one female, apart from the hermie/male pre flowers they have been really resilient! It hasn't been the fairest of trials for ole Cookies K ha ha. I really believe there is some goodness Hiden away in the strain :) Anyways it will be good to have you along for the ride mate, the more the merrier!

Cheers Shaggn!
KJC420

Back
Top Bottom