Cottage420's Pepetual Grow - 2nd Grow in Progress Organic Soil Indoor

Ok round 2 - one of the big girls getting chopped.

This one the yield is pretty decent I didn't weigh it tho but it's about 4-5 times the 400g from Little Girl.
I was all worried this plant was messed up a tad with yellowing leaves and the shade leaves falling off and all but when I pulled the plant out of the tent to chop her she was all purple underneath all the buds and shade leaves and sugar leaves - what a surprise to me. I took a few more pics and we have another box of flowers WOOOHOOO. This one is a full one too.

So I harvested 2 little girls (one was nothing but popcorn I'll use her for something other than smoking and one large girl.

GD I took another couple of pics of trichomes on the big girl and you can see a few ambers on the pods and everything else pretty much cloudy. OK MY wife is pretty cool with me and my girls and in fact she got me started cause she popped the seeds initially but today I was copping in the kitchen and she was WOOOAH there Bobby the smell is making me high!! It's pretty dank so I need to open a few windows here!!

Here's pics from the first big girl - hopping for dry weight of a lb for all the plants combined not counting test smoke which I have at least 1/2 a zip fast drying right now. What I do to fast dry is put some buds (not too many) in a soup bowl put the saucer on top and put them on top of my hot water radiator. They will be dry enough to smoke probably tomorrow night and still taste not too bad pretty good actually.

WP_20141226_020.jpg
trichomes_12_26_14_pic11.jpg

Here's the amber trichomes there's a bunch in this pic

trichomes_12_26_14_pic10.jpg

here's the drying room (soon to be veg room for the next round - I have 4 5' wide top rows hanging and the popcorn girl down below....

WP_20141226_019.jpg

Upskirt shot of the buds looking up towards the tops notice the leaves are all purple, from the top they were all yellowing or well some where yellow but yellow stands out more than purple does so the plant looked ready to keel over from the weight of the buds and I had here all tied up just to keep her from falling over.

see the purple stems - one side of the plant had purple stems the other side of the stems were green. I was side lighting with LED I'm going to have to check the other girls out too see which side turned purple.

WP_20141226_018.jpg

That looks like a seed there in the middle?? That's a test nug - hopefully no hermie OMG!!!

WP_20141226_016.jpg
WP_20141226_014.jpg
WP_20141226_015.jpg
WP_20141226_012.jpg
WP_20141226_010.jpg
WP_20141226_008.jpg
WP_20141226_007.jpg

Ah....i see it now Bob....thank you for the extra pic....sorry not to question you .....but just making sure....and you got it buddy:):bravo:

Thanks GD I need all the help I can get - I was going to chop em all but thanks to you I'm leaving 1 big girl and 1 little girl go another few days. Checked the trichomes on those 2 that are left and reports are cloudy with a chance amber early next week! Not quite ready yet.

Wow I was outside today and our grow is on the 3rd floor with windows open and its dank smelling outside on the sidewalk. Thats probably not good. I want the ventilation or my RH gets too high with the plants breathing and uptaking still a lot of water.

Here's some trichome pics of the last big girl and I'm trying to clone some buds that I will suppercrop them and take more clones from there. I was going to start off new but these plants are pretty good so why change a good thing? I think I will start a new strain that I got seeds for but probably only 1 or 2 new plants/new strain.

My choices are:

Humboldt Blue Dream feminized
Mandala Kristalica regular
Dinafem Blue Tai - Feminized
Sensible seeds - Kali AK feminized

free seeds:
Dinafem Cheese Auto
Dinafem Deep Cheese
Dinafem White Widow
Afgani Regular

Any and all suggestions for next run are welcome and encouraged!

WP_20141227_001.jpg

All cloudy no amber ....

trichomes_12_27_14_pic3.jpg

trichomes_12_27_14_pic2.jpg

trichomes_12_27_14_pic1.jpg

Happy Shatterday Bob.......i have the HSO Blue Dream going for a few days from seed and so far she is growing very fast....i have heard alot of great things about this strain....as in quality and quanity.......i also have my feebie Dinafem WW going for maybe a month now.....was very slow to germ.....like 5 days, but is doing really outstanding now.....if you have a chance check out my journal tomorrow morning ish......i will be doing a pic update and you can see the two of them......oh and the BD was popped up in less than 24 hours and that is with having to pull her out of the plug as she was pushing up and you could see about a 1/4 inch of her tap root above the plug...so i ripped the plug in half long ways and placed her in deeper.....that same day she shed her shell and grew about a 1/2 inch above the plug......very impressed with it so far:)......love the trich pics and the fact you found them lacking amber so to let them go a little longer.....oh and i love the cloudy with a chance of amber....caught that i did:)lol Happy Daze my friend:)

Update:
I have 2 girls left to harvest, they are in day 83 after flip and I think they are getting close!! I may harvest new years day if I'm up for it we will see. Smoke report from last night is VERY VERY impressive. I gave some nugs to my friend that gave me the weed with the bag seeds in it which these are clones from the first grow. I smoked half a J last night then called my friend and all we could do on the phone was giggle at each other, I could barely make any real words come out nothing but mumbling and giggles, so yeah that's mighty fine nuggage right there.

So the 2 girls are still going, the one is a small one but it's got some alright sized buds but she never really took off and got big. She's still throwing out white pistols too so shes definitely not done yet. All I'm doing is giving them water. Since I chopped the other big girl the 2nd big girl that's still alive is liking the less cramped quarters and I think she's putting on weight and maybe even growing a little. I had to move the HID light up as far as I can get it in the tent. The buddage is still packing on the weight and getting fatter by the day so I'm going to let them go a little longer.

Here's some pics if the big girl that is still going - she's all tied up at the moment but she will be available for our smoking pleasure in a few weeks. Not to worry the other 3 girls I chopped last week have been hang drying and are ready to go into the curing jars.

Grow Note:
All the purple on the stems and leaves are on the side of the plants that are facing the LED grow light, I've got a 900w LED light siting on a chair side/under lighting all the buds and I think well pretty positive that the purple came from the LED - kinda crazy but hey I'll take it. The buds do "look" good with a little more color other than frosty green = frosty green and purple is a good thing!

WP_20141230_002.jpg

WP_20141230_008.jpg

WP_20141230_007.jpg

WP_20141230_006.jpg

Main cola is about 15" long and as big around as my forearm - and there's a bunch of side colas that are same diameter just not quite as long. This one is going to be a big yield. The main cola was not this much taller a few weeks ago, since chopping the other big girl she's gotten taller.

WP_20141230_005.jpg
WP_20141230_004.jpg
WP_20141230_003.jpg

Congratz on your harvest Bob......that big girl has somme huge buds on her:)
Thank you thank you thank you...

Yeah buddy!! Hope those hold me and my fam thru to next harvest. I still have a zip or 2 left of last harvest gonna have to give some presents out for new years!

Hey Jay thanks for stopping by here!! I will weigh after drying and trimming right before going into the jar, other wise I'll be dipping in there and wont get a good handle on it so weigh before its ready to smoke. Thats how I'm doing it, prolly not the best but for me the most accurate. I was checking out your harvest and you did extremely fantastic. The "real" weight is after cure I suppose, the buds are 95% real weight after hanging dry as long as your getting a snappy break on the stems. If I dont weigh before jar I will be dipping in all the time smoking an all you know just to "test" to see how the cure is going. My last grow had to last me 5 months which is almost where I'm at from the time I chopped the last time. Thats a long time but I just cant seem to get my shit together to start another run before the current one is finished. I'll figure it out tho eventually.

Looking really good Bobrown! Looks like a great harvest so far! Question for you...when do you weigh your stuff? When you jar it up or do you wait till you're done burping the jars? I just jarred up my stuff this past weekend. I'd like to get an idea of realistic weight.

Thanks man and good job!
-JBooze

Happy Nugsyear everyone - I thought I'd be finished this journal by now but I've still got one big girl and another little girl still going. The last big girl is still getting fatter so I'm probably going to let them go until Sunday.

Today I took down the 1 big girl and 2 little girls off the drying lines and my dry weight on those was 155g dry weight. So not too bad I was hopping for more tho. I'm going to let the last 2 plants get fatter and maybe do a little better with them. Still I'll take 5 1/2 zips that will last me a while for sure and with the rest I should be set and good for another 5 months!!

Here's a few pics of some nugz going into the jar and a few trichome picks of the big girl still holding on .......

WP_20150101_005.jpg
WP_20150101_004.jpg
WP_20150101_0031.jpg
WP_20150101_0021.jpg
WP_20150101_0011.jpg

Does that look like a seed?? My girls trying to reproduce seed without a male way late in flower - this is a closeup with a microscope so prolly not a "real" seed but the beginings of one me thinks. No amber just all cloudy, I'm going a few more days trying to get more weight.

trichomes_01_01_15_pic4.jpg
trichomes_01_01_15_pic3.jpg
trichomes_01_01_15_pic2.jpg
trichomes_01_01_15_pic1.jpg

Kinda looks like a hermi but those are so small hard to see with the naked eye, just looks like the butt end of a pin or smaller. i'll look again today at some of the other buds to see if there are any more of them, at any rate must be time to cut these girls down.

I've started a new run from seeds. This last strain I ran I've got 2 I'm going to see if I can re-veg the rootballs that I left a few popcorns on and also have some popcorn buds I'm trying to clone for supercrop and then take clones from them, probably more as an experiment to see how that goes fine tuning my grow habits an such. This strain taste is soooo smooth hardly any flavor maybe a little piney woodsey flavor but very smooth and fairly potent uplifting high. I want to try something different, smoking the same strain for a year .... I need to expand my horizons not complaining at all I've very happy but my whole point with these last 2 runs was to learn to grow organically and increase my yields and with that I've accomplished what I set out to. Now time for some real good known strains.

Next up for me is Mandala seeds Krystalica. I really like Mandala seeds business practices and their business model and they grow organically and have the same type of world view as I do so I want to support them. The seeds I purchased were from one of the major seed banks Herbies that happens to be a 420mag sponsor.

So definitely chopping the last 2 girls this weekend.

Yeah buddy thanks GD right back acha - Well my 2015 is starting off fantastic on the green scene - I put 10 beans in the hatchery new years eve - and I took the cover off tonight and all 10 are popped. GD I may need some help from the Bud Lady.... they all have those god damn helmets on.... how to get them off without hurting the seedlings?? When do I need to worry? NOOB alert - This is my first attempt at germinating seeds. My wife is the expert so I let her do the honors last time, all I had to do was transplant. I thought it's time for me to give it a try. Gotta say I'm a little scared I'm going to mess up ... at any rate here's a pic of the 10 little girls (fingers X'd). I left the cover on the seed tray too long I think and the little girls didn't know which way to grow... got it now will report back tomorrow with the final chop of the last 2 girls, more pics of the seedlings and prolly start another journal.

These are Mandala Krystalica

The one at the top of the pic doesn't look like she popped but she's standing tall all you can see is her helmet:hmmmm:

WP_20150103_001.jpg

Here's some funky pics of the big girl - I will take proper pics tomorrow right before we chop her down, almost all the colas are hanging down well they'd all be if I didn't tie her up - she's got a corset on!!

WP_20150103_004.jpg

WP_20150103_003.jpg

Hey Bob......from what i can see is those seeds just popped the tap root which needs to be planted.....are those jiffy cubes.?.....the ones you put water on and they expand?......if so.....i have never used them as i read they were problematic for cannabis......i use rapid rooter plugs or similar product from hydro shop or even the aerogarden i use now has a sponge plug.....but i digress:)....in my humble opinion you should plant them tap roots with the seed just level with the media.....let the tap root spread and set some anchor points......let it pop its head up a good inch to an inch and a half.....i was advised to spray with water to help moisten the shell, but if it is still persistent then minor surgery is required:)......if it is opened enough for me to get my thumbnails underneath the shell and my pointer fingers on top of the shell to support it while i use my thumb or thumb nails to easily pry open.....i have had the shell come so far but the the film inside that covers the starter leaves not allow it to come freely.....at that point i hold the starter leaves gently and watch closely while i pull loose......if the film remains over the starter leaves keeping them from opening freely then spray with water to get nice and moist and gently rub it off with your finger until you free it so that it can now open..................now if you cant get to it with your fingers then this last time with my Blue Dream seed.......i had to use tweezers.....i sprayed......and then i used the tweezers to lightly squeeze ever so slightly while watching closely at the seem where the crack is and work your way closer to the end that is still connected ......i never squeezed more than i could imagine the shell is thick:).....that didnt take the shell off immediately, but it loosened it so that it shed the same day if i remember right:)................now all this is what i have done and have been successful with, but you want them to feel some what sturdy.....thats why i say the height i did and for me it is the perfect height for my hands to do it, but you want some roots to be showing so that it has some anchors:).......i wish i had taken pictures this last timme as that was my first try with tweezers, but it worked:).....i hope this helps some....sorry for the long explanation and no pictures, but the next time i pop one i will take pictures as it happens basically every time for me:)loll.........make sure to shoot me the link to your new journal:)......Happy Daze Bob:)

Thanks soooo much GD for the help - I feel like a total dweeb noob here, I can use all the help I can get!! I can't believe they all popped.

Yes I used Jiffy cubes while my Grodan rockwool cubes sat on the sidelines!! WTF was I thinking!

More to come... layed around today watching football, didn't even chop my girls.... that's ok tomorrow is the full moon so that's the time to end this grow, flowering started on the hunters moon and will end on the wolfs moon - first full moon of the new year.

Ok wow went to the grow room and well couldn't bring myself to chop today. Ah well... they look soooo cozy and nugalisious I just have to let them go a little more.. maybe one more day. Starting to see some nice foxtails forming which I guess is the sign to chop em on down now. I'm going to miss them.

Here's some nug pics

Foxy cola
WP_20150105_025.jpg

lower cola still has white pistols coming out from watering yesterday - why I didn't chop

WP_20150105_024.jpg

lower branches under the ropes hanging down almost to the ground

WP_20150105_023.jpg

Not bad not bad - lots of dense buds and they are SAweet smelling and touching them is like honey on the vine.

WP_20150105_022.jpg

WP_20150105_021.jpg

WP_20150105_020.jpg

Nugs here nugs there nugs everywhere - patting myself on the back now!

WP_20150105_019.jpg

WP_20150105_018.jpg
WP_20150103_004.jpg

Im going to weigh this one separately - wet it's going to be HUGE see if I can get 30% dry weight! it's dense like a rock.

WP_20150103_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom