Crop King - We Will Do Better

If they can create all these new strains you would think a femenized blueberry wouldn't be an issue and most likely a great seller. CKS could maybe find it wholesale and resell it......

So I just happened on this thread, might as well share my resent experience thus far.

I'm total newbie grower, I put an order in overseas with MSNL (some mix packs) about 3 weeks before I also ordered from CKS on I think it was Sunday night on jun 4th. Frankly I was getting impatient or worried about the other order which is why I grabbed some more with supposed fast delivery from the CKS folks. Anyway, on the Friday the 9th wouldn't you know it both packages arrived. Both were creatively packaged,... actually took me 5minutes to figure out where the CKS ones were.
They came in labeled, as advertised, nickle bags (actually both companies did) in black marker "CCAF" "WWAF". I had ordered 5 Candy Cane autos and 5 White Widow Autos. I received 6 seed of each, i figured either this is part of the 80% germination guarantee or maybe as first time order they threw in an extra bean, either way fine by me.

I followed their germ instructions exactly trying to germ one seed of each, did the glass thing for about 16-17hr and then moist paper towels, about 24hr after that I had 2 seeds cracked with 1/2"+ tap roots. Put the babies in their pots and ~48hr later both popped the surface. Have grow journal following it since then.

Day 5 from sprout so far so good, no complaints, even if they turn out bad though I'll never know if it was me or the seeds given it's my first attempt - lol. BTW - I was not aware of ownership change when I ordered, and wasn't aware of any particularly bad rep, actually before my order I was thinking they had a decent rep of those that had decent chance of getting the delivery too me undisturbed. Anyway hopefully whatever problems existed in Q.C. or C.S. were mostly resolved prior to my order.

/2cents

I just bought a 5-pack of CKS Hash Plant seeds today at a local store that sells them. Not sure when I'll be planting them; I just had some extra money this week so I picked them up. Can't wait to grow them. I now have some of your White Widows and CBDreams growing plus a couple others.

Great to have a dealer of your products right here in town. Next on my list to try is a pack of either Skunk or Afghani. I'll decide when I get to the store again in a few months time. Here's my WW at about a month into bud:

DSCI1082a.jpg

I've been ordering for KCS for years. I know you had issues, that's fine, thanks for the update. Canada Post - they've been a pain for a little while too. For now, I'm ordering from Quebec Cannabis Seeds and Montreal Cannabis Seeds (they ship everywhere actually). Every order had free seeds in it. But strangely, they didn't have the same issues you had with CP. Anyway - reliable, very, so far.

The last 10 trainwreck seeds i got from cks only one germinated..
Matter of fact seems like the germ rate of there seeds has gone way down in late 2016..17
ive grown 100s of cks seeds so if noticed this trend quite well..
Ive had to switch seedbanks due to poor genitics..
As for germing seeds.
Yes i know my shit so it isnt me i can assure that..
Id like to order from them but cant seem to rely on their seeds now..
If they can show me things are better now id be happy to grow and promote them like i used to.
my 9 seeds would be a good start..

I had the thought that, if Crop King passed out free seed packets to several people - IDK, maybe dissatisfied customers, a random selection from the entire customer base, or {???} - that might help improve their reputation. But then I realized... I could source a bunch of legitimate, fresh cannabis seeds and mail them to people. So that wouldn't be proof of anything other than the fact that they would like to succeed as a business (which is readily apparent because that's the point of a for-profit venture).

So I decided that the only thing that'll really help is for people who are ordering products NOW to post their experiences, be they good ones or bad ones. Hopefully, people who are known to know a thing or two about the growing of cannabis, lol, so we can worry less about whether they're capable or incompetent - but even reports from first-time growers will help, as long as they detail their experience level and what they did along with their results.

Some people have already posted here about their experiences. More reports will help - in any sampling, a larger number is almost always going to give a more accurate picture.

Please, NEVER discuss the specifics of a cannabis seed vendor's delivery methods! Stating whether you felt it was adequate or not is fine - and surely appreciated - as is the speed (or lack, thereof) of the delivery. But getting into specifics sort of destroys that whole concept of stealth delivery.

We placed an order in dec/16 for 5 x train wreck 5 x candy cane 5 x green crack. Recieved them within a week with some free gifts. 100% germination on all 15 seeds and all grew out perfectly. Just placed an order the other day for some more packs. Recieved confirmation of shipment the next day. Let you guys know how it goes :)

420-magazine-mobile2049811167.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1054813257.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1505826029.jpg

I'm here to present Sour Jack...Ordered what I believed to be Candy Cane from CKS...But may have got caught up in the mix up they had sometime ago...I have it as part of my CKS - DLF AKA Bae*d!s3

I have made 3 5 pack purchases from Crop King Dwarf Low flyers, Crown Royal & white widow. out of 15 seeds 6 germinated. When I contacted CK about this all I got was a smart ass trying to tell me how to grow...yet I have over 40 years of growing Experience.
Sorry if I don't feel bad about the way you treat costomers.....Due onto others as you would want them to do onto you!
I went back to Dutch seeds and what do you know...I have a over 90% germination...Not to mention better quality smoke!

I have made 3 5 pack purchases from Crop King Dwarf Low flyers, Crown Royal & white widow. out of 15 seeds 6 germinated. When I contacted CK about this all I got was a smart ass trying to tell me how to grow...yet I have over 40 years of growing Experience.
Sorry if I don't feel bad about the way you treat costomers.....Due onto others as you would want them to do onto you!
I went back to Dutch seeds and what do you know...I have a over 90% germination...Not to mention better quality smoke!

Thanks for providing your experience with CK :thanks:, I didn't see it mentioned but can you provide the time frame for your experience, only ask because part of thread is to also try and track experiences since the recent ownership change.

However, might there have been a little missing information?

I have tried CKs low flyers 3 times. The 1st batch were total duds since only 1 seed germinated. After contacting CK about this I got my next 2 5 packs of seeds @ 50% off.

That's not a free replacement, but I'd give partial points for the effort.

If the representative acted like a smart-@ss, that's not great. But, again, I'd give them partial points for attempting to give the customer advice about growing. Some seedbanks still pretend that their products are "souvenirs," :icon_roll .

I think people need to remember that CKS is a distributor. Not a breeder. They source their seeds from the same breeders as you and I all use. Re branded is all. They're not 'their' seeds.

I've been curious about that since the first time I viewed their website. I had assumed that they had a "house breeder," of sorts. But your scenario seems plausible, too. If that's the case, I'd prefer to see the breeder's name mentioned in each strain description. But I can also see where such a thing might not be possible; if they're able to get substantially better prices than we do (due to the volume they move, vs. the few packs that individuals purchase), there could conceivably be a requirement that they don't use the breeders' names. Otherwise, if it was obvious that a strain at "Joe Breeder's" website cost twice as much as the same strain at another, well....

I suppose... 30 years ago most folks' only information about what they were growing was "It came from a baggie of decent bud." So even a little information is an exponential improvement on the past.

Back
Top Bottom