Crop King - We Will Do Better

I bought a five pack of train wreck autos and a five pack of revolver autos from a local store. Used there method of getting for 2 of each. All four germed are growing nicely. All have started budding at 18 hrs light.
Because of the success I had with these I went back to the store and picked up 3 more 5 packs.
So far they are batting a hundred % for me.

I ordered original BlueBerry on July 7th and they arrived faster than expected. I believe it was the 13th.
They gave me two extra seeds as well and I am 2 for 2 in germination. Both seedlings are happy and healthy.

Interesting. I didn't know that the version of Blueberry offered by CK was the exact same version referenced on DJ Short's website. I'm surprised that the page for Blueberry on Crop King's doesn't specifically mention DJ Short? Seems like it'd be a selling point. I'm assuming it is for you, lol - otherwise, I'd have expected to see "Crop King Blueberry .5 Preroll" instead. Or maybe that's what you meant to print?

From what I know about DJ's blue berry is that it is a heavily sativa dominant strain as well as his seed tend to go for a premium (atleast around me in Ann Arbor Mi). I am fairly confident that they are not the same. I'm totally with you on the selling point of it though! You would think if it was you would see dj's name all over it.

CKS is a good service. they delivered very fast. me thinks they have satellite offices herein the states. my package came 3 days later from a address less then 5 miles from me. But again the seed sizes and appearance have my wondering about quality. I like my seed to look healthy plump etc. these seeds came semi sunk in like they were dehydrated they were sort of palish not what i expect to see in seeds. my impression of CKS atm 4/10

Lol instantly said the same thing
It sounds like there is some confusion going on there aye
no matter where i source my seeds, i always and i mean always watch the for sex. not that male plants are a bad thing, hell sometimes i will grow just males for a season or two if i have cured meds to keep me sane. but yeah keep a eye on those.

It's funny that some people are saying that the seeds they get from crop King are small. The only time I ever ordered seeds on line was from a seedbank that was not crop King and when I received my order they were the smallest seeds I have ever seen! Kinda scared me. But the seed that germed from the tiny seeds are growing into great plants. But all the seeds from crop King that I got locally were lovely and fat. As I said in an earlier post the autos from crop King that I started are doing everything they say on their package. I am happy with them. The only thing that I wonder about is the fact that you do not get any freebies when you buy from a store. But I guess if your not buying direct from them that's all you can do. I will definitely buy more from them.

I've been curious about that since the first time I viewed their website. I had assumed that they had a "house breeder," of sorts. But your scenario seems plausible, too. If that's the case, I'd prefer to see the breeder's name mentioned in each strain description. But I can also see where such a thing might not be possible; if they're able to get substantially better prices than we do (due to the volume they move, vs. the few packs that individuals purchase), there could conceivably be a requirement that they don't use the breeders' names. Otherwise, if it was obvious that a strain at "Joe Breeder's" website cost twice as much as the same strain at another, well....

I suppose... 30 years ago most folks' only information about what they were growing was "It came from a baggie of decent bud." So even a little information is an exponential improvement on the past.

Exactly! They are just a distributor of wholesale seeds!

Day 95 for both these Northern Light Autos from CKS. Same seed order, same germ date, same pot, same soil, same date/style topping, same sun exposure, but two very different results....

IMG_90646.jpg

me thinks they have satellite offices herein the states. my package came 3 days later from a address less then 5 miles from me.

Interesting (and undoubtedly convenient for customers living in the United States).

But again the seed sizes and appearance have my wondering about quality.

Seed size isn't really a sign of anything, by itself, IMHO. That seems to be influenced by genetics. General condition is a different matter altogether, of course.

these seeds came semi sunk in like they were dehydrated they were sort of palish not what i expect to see in seeds. my impression of CKS atm 4/10

Please revisit this thread after germinating them (and after they start growing, if you don't mind) and let us know how it goes.

I ordered original BlueBerry on July 7th and they arrived faster than expected. I believe it was the 13th.
They gave me two extra seeds as well and I am 2 for 2 in germination. Both seedlings are happy and healthy.

I remember when finding more seeds in the containers than were advertised on a breeder's/seedbank's description page was almost a regular thing. I'm glad to read that it still happens from time to time.

no matter where i source my seeds, i always and i mean always watch the for sex. not that male plants are a bad thing, hell sometimes i will grow just males for a season or two if i have cured meds to keep me sane. but yeah keep a eye on those.

I have seen up to nine females in a package of ten non-feminized seeds before. I've never been able to get the environmental conditions perfect (and right now when it's HOT I'd consider 40% to be good :icon_roll ) to get 100% - or maybe evolution has provided cannabis with some kind of "spidey sense," lol, that allows them to produce a "buck" for every "herd," IDK - but I suppose it's entirely possible to get 100% females from a regular pack of seeds. After all, if someone manages to flip heads 99 times... when they flip their penny that 100th time, the odds are still 50:50 that they'll see heads. (The odds against sitting down and flipping a coin 100 times and only getting heads are, of course, astronomical.)

CKS is a good service. they delivered very fast. me thinks they have satellite offices herein the states. my package came 3 days later from a address less then 5 miles from me.

That is very interesting actually! Are they sending Seeds to the USA to distribute or the other way around?! Questions they would never answer, lol!

I have been very surprised to see some people reporting that they are getting their seeds so quickly cross border...

That is very interesting actually! Are they sending Seeds to the USA to distribute or the other way around?! Questions they would never answer, lol!

I have been very surprised to see some people reporting that they are getting their seeds so quickly cross border...

i didnt really look into the business it came from but im pretty sure it doesnt exist. however it did come from los angeles none the less. so it seems like they prob ship from there to here to cut down shipping time. all good for me i guess. just wish they had a better menu. i really dislike growing the same 10-15 strains every and i mean every dispensary sells. i like exotic hard to find breeds.

i didnt really look into the business it came from but im pretty sure it doesnt exist. however it did come from los angeles none the less. so it seems like they prob ship from there to here to cut down shipping time. all good for me i guess. just wish they had a better menu. i really dislike growing the same 10-15 strains every and i mean every dispensary sells. i like exotic hard to find breeds.

Right on, same here! Growing out a strain right now called OG Ghost Train Haze and they are just beasts! Most likely the most potent smoke I have had.

Shipping from Los Angeles is very questionable from a Canadian company.

i really dislike growing the same 10-15 strains every and i mean every dispensary sells. i like exotic hard to find breeds.

I certainly wouldn't encourage someone to switch seedbanks in the middle of a seedbank's own thread. But maybe, in addition to the strains from Crop King Seeds that you're buying and growing now, you could do a search for landrace cannabis strains, and add one or two of those to your grows? Who knows, maybe you can find a real jewel and encourage CKS to start carrying it? Seedbanks can always use more landraces and IBLs, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom