Crown Royal - First Grow

Hey mate I got told the other day its a good idea to put in a clear cup then put the red solo cup on top of the clear cup so u can keep a eye on the roots, u probably already no this lol but good luck and wicked set up
i heard about that , im gonna look around and see if i can get the clear cups instead .

All 5 seeds have germinated and sprouted from the seeds . im not gonna do a video tonight until i get answers. so when i go to plant my seeds in the solo cup , do i water right after i plant ? ( promix hp ) and do i start my led light cycle right away even tbough seeds are in the medium ? whats the recommended PH 6.5 to 7 ? fimally , how much water ?

420-magazine-mobile697424011.jpg

Hey, I'm going to sub up for this grow. We have the same led panel and grow in the same promix so it could be helpful. I also have a bit of experience so I can try to answer some of your questions you have been asking.

When planting your seeds, always water the medium first and then place your seeds. If you put the seed in and then try to water, there is a good chance the seed will get pushed down deeper and may not be able to push to the surface. Also be sure not to overwater, a little bit of runoff when wetting the promix for the first time is good and you can put that runoff thru a 2nd time for good measure. After that a seed should be able to go almost a week depending on the humidity in the room.

The tips of the leaves in that last picture where they were a bit yellow, that's fairly common. When a plant first comes out of the seed shell under the dirt it is actually yellow until it starts to get oxygen and then turns green. Can't tell you why or how this works, but I have seen it :)

48 hours and no sprouts?? usually 2-4 days for sure and they are up. If you are super careful you can slowly pull back some dirt around the seed with a toohpick or something and find out what is going on. But I stress, be careful, if you damage the roots to a viable seed it will be done for good.

I use fluorescent lights to start my seedlings and then go to the led panel, these panels we use are quite strong with both switches on. I would wait a week before putting them under the led panel if you have the fluorescent lights. Then when they do go under the panel, make sure it is about 30" away with only the veg switch on at first. After a day or 2 more it down to 24" then another day or 2 turn on the 2nd switch on your panel. More light is good :)

Also for your ph if your are doing it.. promix is a soiless mix, it is not soil. So unless you are growing organically, use the recommended ph for a hydro system. I think it's 5.8-6.4 or something like that. I would have to go find the graph. I myself don't even ph anymore unless something goes wrong, I use GH Flora series 3 part and all the additives.

Anyways hope this info helps. If you need anything else feel free to ask. I'm usually around when I am home, will try to answer any questions within a day.

Back
Top Bottom