Buzz's Grow Journal #3: Crown Royale & Shiskaberry

I find it interesting that your buds looks completely different than mine. Yours have huge individual calyx's and the pistols seem to have all turned already. I usual count from the flip day as its really the only quantifiable point, especially as this variety was in pre flower hard when I flipped it.
You’ve got some monster buds developing. That’s what I train them for now. I try to aggressively strip all the popcorn ,weak growth, and LST. I’ve learned from trial and error to stop wasting energy on the small stuff. It never amounts to anything worth the effort and it takes away from those main colas that you want the grow to be about. Kind of similar to quading. But that’s just me, some people like popcorn.
And it could be a difference in what we are feeding.
But when I did blue cookies (by CKS) it backfired. They are such dense small nugs, that it should have been topped many times, to grow a bunch of bud tops. In my opinion of course.

You’ve got some monster buds developing. That’s what I train them for now. I try to aggressively strip all the popcorn ,weak growth, and LST. I’ve learned from trial and error to stop wasting energy on the small stuff. It never amounts to anything worth the effort and it takes away from those main colas that you want the grow to be about. Kind of similar to quading. But that’s just me, some people like popcorn.
And it could be a difference in what we are feeding.
But when I did blue cookies (by CKS) it backfired. They are such dense small nugs, that it should have been topped many times, to grow a bunch of bud tops. In my opinion of course.
Yeah, they are all different. I probably should have trimmed more of the lower buds, but the plants are so big now I can hardly reach in, one of the negatives of a room versus a tent that can open up all round. And the lowest buds don't seem to be much smaller than the top ones, I guess because of the excess light? The smaller buds are more work to harvest, but in the end I end up breaking apart the big buds to encourage even drying and get rid of stem. The blue cookies must bud more like the blueberry, right now they are dense little golf balls with hardly any pistols, but a heavenly aroma!!

My experience with crowns is they like to stretch
The pheno i had had some airy buds not quite like a sativa but inbetween
Ended up with 8 zips of good bud from 2 plants grown in soil
Was 4 weeks in veg and then 10 weeks flower
Was a finnicky feeder though
MIne have grown probably 14 inches since the flip, I had them in veg 8 weeks from seed, and I assume they will go to 9-10 for flower. They seem to love the AN nutrients(sensi line) I use and haven't had so much as a burned tip. I do run my nutrients a little light, about 90% of label, and still top water with a 50% diluted nutrient mix once a week to keep the peat from building up salts.

Smoking some Blue Cookies now has a earthy taste on exhale followed by piney turpentine taste ending with the blue berry sweetness.
I think that unknown blueberry cross is a blueberry blast
Blue Cookies has nice purple color in it
Those buds look great! Good to know the background on the mystery one, thanks. Blue Cookie clones are doing great! Two are a foot high, and the other two from clippings are just starting to bolt. The Blast is also a foot high and doing great, and its sativa lineage is pretty obvious.

Those buds look great! Good to know the background on the mystery one, thanks. Blue Cookie clones are doing great! Two are a foot high, and the other two from clippings are just starting to bolt. The Blast is also a foot high and doing great, and its sativa lineage is pretty obvious.
The blue berry blast I have going now pic was taken at about 6 weeks will take it 6 more
IMG_1327.JPG

Hey Buzz it's looking beautiful in there! The ladies are seriously pushing flowers now! :bravo::Namaste:

Here's an update on my girls!! Blueberry @ 9 weeks looking good, hard little nugs, gonna go another week at least. The Crown Royale is @ 5 weeks, doing fantastic. Unfortunately I seem to be developing cannabis hyperemesis and my toking days may be over sadly. I do intend to cheat a bit to taste the Crown once its done, but my daily smoking is done for now. Check out my post on the subject.

There is nothing wrong with cutting back and using it as needed. Have you tried making oil and eating it? Same problem? I’m having a blast with eating gummies and taking a few rosin dabs.
Have you tried a cannabis reset? Sorry to hear your having problems.

There is nothing wrong with cutting back and using it as needed. Have you tried making oil and eating it? Same problem? I’m having a blast with eating gummies and taking a few rosin dabs.
Have you tried a cannabis reset? Sorry to hear your having problems.
Thanks Bobby, What is a cannabis reset? I did stop for 6 months once and still had an attack in the break. As far as cutting back, all available literature seems to indicate that total abstinence of thc in any form is the only way to stop it, and that it will progress to more often if you don't. As I lose 3-4 days each time its not really cool with work and such. As its now being studied more I hope more info about it will surface.

I don’t want you doing anything that makes you uncomfortable. I would explore for people with similar issues and see if they are having luck with any different approaches. Also hit up @SweetSue, she tackles difficult issues and has great insight. Best of luck Buzz!

Plants are doing great, the wife is taking care of them as my job has me away for the next few months other than once a week back at the farm. Blueberry at 10 weeks still going hard with no pistols browning at all. I think I may have to shorten the day cycle more to get it to ripen, but will let it go as long as the Crowns, which have another 4 weeks or so. The Crowns do have some brown pistols but I think I did that by letting them get too dry once and shocked them a bit. I will post some pix next time I get back to them. They are getting huge colas!! So I am pretty confident that I will get a pound a plant, but time will tell! :hookah:

The Blueberry gets harvested tomorrow, trichomes mostly clear with the odd one cloudy, which is spot on for me. The Crown is doing great, drinking far to much, and has had some of the pistols turn brown, I think from water stress as I am finding it hard to keep up and it was wilting a bit tonight!! I will post more pix tomorrow morning once it recovers...

So so Frosty Buzz! :bravo::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom