My Closet: Crown Royale, Strawberry Kush Clone, Unknown Clone, Alaskan Purple, White Widow & The New

Flower day 21

Been another roller coaster this week. Reached out to the wonderful people on this site with pictures. Once again you guys came thru with what the problem was and got me back on track. It was a simple lack of watering/feeding. These three plants are really taking the megacrop nutrients at a healthy pace. Not much else to happened this week so let's get right to the pictures. Oh yea one more thing the strawberry kush has got the wonderful sweet smell of strawberries permeating from her. Oh so sweet can't wait to smoke her flowers.
20200119_085932.jpg

Strawberry kush flower day 21. Oh that smell.
20200119_090750.jpg

Unknown clone flower day 21
20200119_090109.jpg

Crown royale flower day 21
20200119_090530.jpg

Crown royale flower day 21
20200119_090638.jpg

Crown royaleflower day 21

Ok this update is about the story line playing over for the third time in my grows. Here are the pictures and then I'll tell you what's been going on. @Emilya I need help stopping this process from happening for the third time.
20200124_155553.jpg
20200124_155541.jpg
20200124_155529.jpg
20200124_155520.jpg
20200124_155512.jpg
20200124_155503.jpg
20200124_155457.jpg
this plant is a strawberry kush clone that as of this moment smells fantastic. Has a great strawberry smell.
Its day 25 of flower
Lights 12/12 on off
Temps with light on 80-83
RH with lights on 30-38%
Temps with light off 70
Rh with lights off 30-38%
AN nutes given at intermediate level
Ph 6.2
Feed/water schedule every third day but getting close to every other day.
Lighting kind xl1000 running at 100%
Exhaust 6in fancan
Intake is passive air flow

You see the yellowing fan leaves that are starting to appear. Like I said this is round three of this happening. By the time ita all said and done most of the fan leaves on the plant will have died off. The last run of two white widow autos did that and they started losing there fan leaves just like this one is. I got 13oz from the plants and they were nice big colas. The smoke was really weak. No sticky buds and the smell is blah. Same thing with the first two we I ran but I only got 5oz off of those two. This is my question. Could the light be so strong that its telling the plant it needs more nutes than the recommended amount? Theres no burning of the leaves at the tip of the plant but this problem reared its ugly head once I started using this light. My first run I ran apollo 11 and green crack under an 8 bulb 4 foot t8. The grow was slow and the buds alot smaller but I had none of these issues. The buds were sticky and smelled fantastic. So please anyone ask me any questions and or throw me some suggestions.

AN nutes given at intermediate level
Right there it is... this is a large plant under good lights... feed it more. Yellow starting at the bottom and proceeding up the trunk is always macronutrient starvation. Whomever has been telling you to feed lightly, especially at the beginning of bloom, needs a swift kick in the shins.

That would be me. Should I have my wife kick me or my 280lb 6'4" partner at work. Lol. @Emilya When I said I'm following the intermediate feeding schedule this is what it meant. They have beginner, intermediate, and professional level schedules. Each level adds different types of additives to each schedule. I last fed this plant with:
Micro, bloom, and grow. Schedule said 16ml gal I fed it 14ml gal.
Big bud fed 8ml gal per schedule
Sensi-cal mag xtra 8ml gal per schedule
Bud candy 8 ml gal per schedule
Nirvana 8ml gal per schedule

Only shorted the three base ingredients by 2ml gal.
Question I have is should I go over the recommended feeding quantities?
Or maybe just go to feed,feed, feed instead of feed/ water cycles.

Sounds like AN is utilizing creative language to coax customers into buying into the whole line up for fear of only offering their plants the bare minimum in nutes, lol.

Well that's real helpful.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be Captain Obvious. If interested, I made a thread about making your own nutes from salts that's linked in my signature, but the safest bet would be to consider buying into Greenleaf's Megacrop as many growers here on 420 are very successful with it, and it's a powdered nutrient formulated for cannabis so you won't be buying any water. If you go to their site, I understand that they'll send new customers a 500 gram sample for free if you pay the shipping costs.

I'm already using MC. I have 5 plants in the flower room. Two are being run with AN at the basic level. Two are being run at the intermediate level. One is being run with MC, pro tekt and calimagic. Emilya says I dont need either protekt or calimagic as I'm running in soil. I'll be adding bud explosion to the mix on the next feeding. I'm also doing a comparison run with my nine girls in the veg room. 5 of them are going on MC, 2 on AN basic level and 2 on AN intermediate level. I will have pictures of them up in the near future. Dont think it will be today. I've been working 12hrs a day and I'm barely staying up with the feeding of them all.

I understand now about the intermediate designation, and it is true, most of the nute lines offer up sideline products "guaranteed" to supercharge your grow. The deal is, spend more money with us, and get a better grow. I do think you have been feeding too lightly though, but I do not recommend going over the recommended amounts either, but that extra 2ml could make all the difference here.
Are you noticing distinct differences between the basic and intermediate plants?

I understand now about the intermediate designation, and it is true, most of the nute lines offer up sideline products "guaranteed" to supercharge your grow. The deal is, spend more money with us, and get a better grow. I do think you have been feeding too lightly though, but I do not recommend going over the recommended amounts either, but that extra 2ml could make all the difference here.
Are you noticing distinct differences between the basic and intermediate plants?
Well this one happens to be the farthest along in the flowering stage. It's the first one to show the signs I've seen for the last two grows. As every plant got to this stage ( around week 4 of flower) they would start doing the same thing. I'm really leaning towards feed, feed, feed cycle. Then it would be a 3x flush, feed, feed, then water. Which would take me out two weeks since I last used just water. If its begging for more nutrients I'm not sure how else to give them more. Maybe feed full strength then alternate feed half strength. Kinda lost here but I've got to get a handle on this. Big quantity without good quality just isn't going to cut it. Thanks so much for all you do for everyone on this site.

feed/feed/feed in soil is also a mistake, because then unused nutes will build up in the soil, and you will quickly get into another kind of lockout situation. The purpose of the pH adjusted water inbetween feedings is to give your nutes a second chance to uptake into the plant, clearing the surplus in the soil. If you plan on feeding every time, also consider feeding only half strength from then on out.
Watch carefully the color of your plants. You want the green to be the perfect green that you see in the background of this website. If it is darker than this, reduce your nutes... but if it is lighter, and you are losing leaves at the bottom... give more nutes. This is true no matter what nute program you happen to be on.

Just try full strength for a couple of watering cycles with plain 6.3 ph'ed water inbetween and see what happens. There is a reason that AN recommends that amount.
Will try it this way @Emilya . I fed two days ago. She'll be ready for some liquid this afternoon when I get home. Tell me does it matter if I water my plant in the middle to late stages of lights on? I'm usually watering with between 3 and 4 hours left in the lights on cycle. That's when I get home and it's most convenient time for me to do it.

Good morning gang. Sure glad i'm not growing that way any more. After 30 plus years growing , these past 7 or nearly 8 yrs. using Doc's gear, i have finally found the near perfect system , and TBH i'm not the least bit interested in ANY other system, as i've tried them all. Just sayin. Cheers gang. Enjoy this wet day we're having. :circle-of-love:
@Duggan you're killing me. I was all in on getting and using docs system. The one problem I have is I have nowhere to store the containers once everything is mixed up. I'm really cramped for space and I know it needs to be stored in a controlled environment.

Will try it this way @Emilya . I fed two days ago. She'll be ready for some liquid this afternoon when I get home. Tell me does it matter if I water my plant in the middle to late stages of lights on? I'm usually watering with between 3 and 4 hours left in the lights on cycle. That's when I get home and it's most convenient time for me to do it.
The best time to water is in the beginning of their morning when transpiration is at its highest, but there is no wrong time to water.

Back
Top Bottom