Crown Royal 3x3 Indoor In Cold Room, Soil

Hey we've all been there!!
Tricomes are definately the way to know for sure if it's ready but the hay smell does not mean it's not ready from what I know... the nice smells come from slow curing process.
Once you can snap the smaller stalks you want to jar the buds and open the jars daily till the humidity is around 60% to 65% in the jars
Then place with a Boveda pack.

Mason jars are ready. Boveda packs are ready.
The one thing I'm missing is a way to monitor and control humidity. I ordered a controller from amazon that I could hook up to a vapor machine... but it hasn't come yet. I have an extremely dry growing room.

Well.. this happened!

The harvest window opened. Was scoping about 10-15% amber trichomes. I would say early-ish, but going to be away for a while.

I decided to do a bud wash. A quick rinse with H2O2, then a rinse with water and lime juice. Then a rinse, fan leaf trim and hung to dry.

I'll have to watch humidity a lot. It was 30% last night. I had to pour water around the room to boost the humidity of the drying space. I got it up to 50% RH this morning. Temperatures in the "cold room" will be about 14 to 16C. I hope for a long slow dry. Hopefully 10 to 14 days. I'll have to keep the humidity up in the drying space though. That will be a challenge.

Then we'll see the 'dry weight'.

I was surprised at the quantity really. I'm use to buying 21grams of bud at a time and it would last me a couple of months. I think my extended veg resulted in a good haul. hope the quality and potency improves with dry and cure.

If it goes well, I should have a pretty good summer supply.

So I moved 4 more crown royale (clones) into the flower tent. I didn't realize how much 4 plants can produce. Not really worth starting a new journal for them... but another harvest in 3 months...

I want to get a sativa-ish strain going. I guess that will be my next journal...

Attachments

• IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4909.jpg
    IMG_4909.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4910.jpg
    IMG_4910.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 44
So this was the first time I've really handled the colas (with gloves) as I was doing the trimming of fan leaves. Some of them were quite dense. (which is good) Some fluff - which I assume is "popcorn" buds. After the dry, I'll probably make butter with everything that isn't a beautiful nug.

Checked the room, and hovering around 45-50% RH. Dumped some more water on the gravel floor. That will add moisture to the air. I think it will work out if I check it daily.

Last night, the dry completed. It was fast (about 7 days total), but not too fast. the buds still smell amazing. I spent about 5 hours manicuring the buds. (2nd trim)

Final weights:

57grams of bud from CR1
59grams of bud from CR2
40grams of bud from CR3
53grams of bud from CR4.

209 grams of dried, manicured bud.

about 100grams of popcorn buds and trim. I was pretty aggressive with the manicure.

Not great, but it was my first grow. I'm happy with the quality though.

I had it reviewed by a friend, and I've been told that it is more potent and tastier than any of the Indicas that the NSLC (government store) was selling. It hasn't even cured yet.

No where near 1g/watt. Looks like I'm at 0.33 grams per watt. Room to improve!!!

I have the clones about midway through flower now. At least I will have another batch coming soon. They are already twice the size of my first grow.

Pics of those soon.

These are the clones from last grow. Bigger and faster growing than the last. I am trying to pop Sativa seeds now but having the worse success rate. 0 for 3. Interesting how the clones have those big nodules at the branch sites.

Made cannabutter from the trim froM last grow. Very potent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 8BCFAA75-FB4C-40E0-88A4-723FB4F616DE.jpeg
    8BCFAA75-FB4C-40E0-88A4-723FB4F616DE.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 46
So I would have to say, near the end of my planned 30 day cure. 3 weeks in.

I've definitely sampled from day 0 to day 21 (now) and the cure definitely improves the vape.

I don't smoke...

Strong grape scent flavour after the cure. Interestingly, I get a different effect depending upon the plant. The CR plant 4 waits a while, but then gives a relaxing body high. The CR3 is far more mellow and able to function more with it. Maybe they were at different maturities during harvest.

The Cannabutter I made from the trim just totally knocks me out. Had some in toast a few nights. I'll have to do some baking and watch for potency.

Wondering how I close out this Grow Journal...

I am going to let the Crown Royale clones go long... so it could be another 30 to 50 days of flowering. I want to have those super ripe before harvest.

They look great for 6 weeks. Planning the flip soon? Flowering time is long.
Thanks! I'm waiting till at least 8 weeks, I want them to get a little bigger. They are barely sexually mature as the bracts have just started coming out separately, as opposed to in pairs. They did show pre flowers at 4 weeks which was nice.

Checked the room, and hovering around 45-50% RH. Dumped some more water on the gravel floor. That will add moisture to the air. I think it will work out if I check it daily.
I had to add humidity as well, even in a tent which really surprised me the first time. I guess its because the replacement air is so dry. I used a nursery tray full of ro water with a small fan blowing across it to bring it up, and a humidity controlled exhaust fan to hold the high end at max 55%. This kept the tent constant between 53 and 55% and it took 3 weeks to dry and cure. Due to the freakin cold, its still very dry here this time of year and last year I dried my first run way to fast at the start, which didn't let it cure at all. Always learning!
:Rasta:

Thanks! I'm waiting till at least 8 weeks, I want them to get a little bigger. They are barely sexually mature as the bracts have just started coming out separately, as opposed to in pairs. They did show pre flowers at 4 weeks which was nice.

I had to add humidity as well, even in a tent which really surprised me the first time. I guess its because the replacement air is so dry. I used a nursery tray full of ro water with a small fan blowing across it to bring it up, and a humidity controlled exhaust fan to hold the high end at max 55%. This kept the tent constant between 53 and 55% and it took 3 weeks to dry and cure. Due to the freakin cold, its still very dry here this time of year and last year I dried my first run way to fast at the start, which didn't let it cure at all. Always learning!
:Rasta:

I was super surprised at how difficult it was to keep things > 40% RH. The cold. I was pretty dry after 7 days, but using some Boveda packs during the cure. I had 2 humidifiers running and was dumping water everywhere.

Shouldn't be a problem in the spring or even fall on east coast. I don't plan to have any more winter grows in this grow space. The need to add heat put a dent in my electricity bills more than the lights.

I was super surprised at how difficult it was to keep things > 40% RH. The cold. I was pretty dry after 7 days, but using some Boveda packs during the cure. I had 2 humidifiers running and was dumping water everywhere.
Shouldn't be a problem in the spring or even fall on east coast. I don't plan to have any more winter grows in this grow space. The need to add heat put a dent in my electricity bills more than the lights.
I had good luck moving one grow from a small room to a tent in a colder room ( avg. 58F), then used the hps lights heat to heat the tent. I did this by exhausting the tent, instead of directly connecting the exhaust fan to the hid fixture. I set the duct close to the fixture so it grabbed some, but not all the heat. I had to vary the exhaust fan speed but once it was set my 600's heat was at least useful! Led's of course make this harder.... I don't do summer indoor grows because of bugs and excess humidity, so that's when the autos come out here on the prairies!!

The clones from the original 4 are almost done themselves. I am letting them fade fully.

The vape from the Crown Royale is pretty "berry-like" and the cure smells like grape pop. (Soda for you Americans)

It should give me a good supply of sleepy Indica for a while. Moving onto a new grow, notill mix. Currently popped 1 Coco Melon and 2 Cheese from Canuk seeds. I have an Amnesia auto that I'm going to grow in super soil // separate from my notil.

I will plan to start a new journal for that soon. I guess this journal can be closed? Not sure how to have that happen.

Attachments

• 56474551_361916451334229_7230261552266346496_n.jpg
    56474551_361916451334229_7230261552266346496_n.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom