Crown Royal 3x3 Indoor In Cold Room, Soil

You can clearly see in one of my plants, nasty looking leaves. That happened when I was defoliating. I placed one in front of my space heater and not realized it. It dried and burnt an entire part of the plant. It is the one with the yellow fly catcher in it.

A full 6 days without checking out the plants. I hope my automated watering system works.

I have a few rosemary / cilantro seedlings in my veg tent that I couldn't automate the water from. Hope they last too.

You can clearly see in one of my plants, nasty looking leaves. That happened when I was defoliating. I placed one in front of my space heater and not realized it. It dried and burnt an entire part of the plant. It is the one with the yellow fly catcher in it.

A full 6 days without checking out the plants. I hope my automated watering system works.

I have a few rosemary / cilantro seedlings in my veg tent that I couldn't automate the water from. Hope they last too.
All a part of learning. Now you know what not to do and have invaluable info...
:passitleft:

All a part of learning. Now you know what not to do and have invaluable info...
Definitely wasn't my first mistake. More to learn. Shopping around for some good genetics for my next set of seedlings. I'm thinking about starting them once I start curing this batch. Growing them to a decent size from March and April, then putting them outside in May/June. I have a spot in a raspberry field of mine that would probably be ideal. Make use of some 10 gallon fabric pots I ordered. (too big for indoor). Likely a feminized haze of some sort - but can deal with Canada east coast climate. TrueNorthSeeds - seems all the ones I'd want to try are out of stock.

I might do some indoor higher CBD plants over the summer. I will transition to 2 plants in my veg tent, 2 plants in flower.

The impact on the electricity bill is starting to become evident. Seems I'm spending about 80-100$CAD /month more during the winter. (this includes lights and heating this "cold room" which I didn't heat last year)

I might restrain myself next year and not grow anything Dec/Jan/Feb (coldest months).

Back to the plants. The change is significant when you don’t view your plants for 6 days. Feeding time. They were hungry and thirsty. The automatic system kept the veg tent a little too wet and the flower tent a bit too dry. Cannot trust it for more than a week. one of the questions I have is whether I pull off the little buds that are developing on the lowest part of the plant. They are no where near the light of the other buds. Should I remove? What happens to them?

Attachments

• A997F002-A67D-45F3-A07C-831836DC7A5D.jpeg
    A997F002-A67D-45F3-A07C-831836DC7A5D.jpeg
    797.5 KB · Views: 51
  • C4C1825F-34B7-4EFE-8812-35D8A64CA8B8.jpeg
    C4C1825F-34B7-4EFE-8812-35D8A64CA8B8.jpeg
    872.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 40C3F2DB-DF99-4700-BA25-5DF9F029A914.jpeg
    40C3F2DB-DF99-4700-BA25-5DF9F029A914.jpeg
    949.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 0F2DDEC5-E0EC-4D7D-AFB6-E6DEEEAF3494.jpeg
    0F2DDEC5-E0EC-4D7D-AFB6-E6DEEEAF3494.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 52
I have been wondering why my plants never look like other peoples plants in the photos. Today is the first time I looked at my plants and thought, yea they look excellent. The secret is leaving them alone as much as possible. That will be a hard thing to follow.

Definitely wasn't my first mistake. More to learn. Shopping around for some good genetics for my next set of seedlings. I'm thinking about starting them once I start curing this batch. Growing them to a decent size from March and April, then putting them outside in May/June. I have a spot in a raspberry field of mine that would probably be ideal. Make use of some 10 gallon fabric pots I ordered. (too big for indoor). Likely a feminized haze of some sort - but can deal with Canada east coast climate. TrueNorthSeeds - seems all the ones I'd want to try are out of stock.

I might do some indoor higher CBD plants over the summer. I will transition to 2 plants in my veg tent, 2 plants in flower.

The impact on the electricity bill is starting to become evident. Seems I'm spending about 80-100$CAD /month more during the winter. (this includes lights and heating this "cold room" which I didn't heat last year)

I might restrain myself next year and not grow anything Dec/Jan/Feb (coldest months).
Yeah I try to pay attention to the energy vampires outside the grow room. I turn off more lamps, unplug a lot of electronics, switched to led bulbs, and even bump my HVAC down or up a degree.

Back to the plants. The change is significant when you don’t view your plants for 6 days. Feeding time. They were hungry and thirsty. The automatic system kept the veg tent a little too wet and the flower tent a bit too dry. Cannot trust it for more than a week. one of the questions I have is whether I pull off the little buds that are developing on the lowest part of the plant. They are no where near the light of the other buds. Should I remove? What happens to them?
I personally pull it off and toss it in the trim pile. They just suck energy from the other buds and never amount to anything. Poor lighting. You’ll swear them off also when you trim a bunch of popcorn bud plants.

I have been wondering why my plants never look like other peoples plants in the photos. Today is the first time I looked at my plants and thought, yea they look excellent. The secret is leaving them alone as much as possible. That will be a hard thing to follow.
You’re looking good.
:rollit:

One if my plants is getting a slight discoloured look to it. I will fine tune some pH water and skip a feed. Other plants look fine and they all get the same treatment. Will hit the books and see if I can get an exact match.

Attachments

• 9F250DFA-D5C1-4D0D-9323-2ECA9B995F6B.jpeg
    9F250DFA-D5C1-4D0D-9323-2ECA9B995F6B.jpeg
    697.7 KB · Views: 40

I can feel your pain....

I am hoping to have enough bud on hand by the end of the season to get thru the coldest months. My long term plans are to veg up indoors during April/May then move plants outside in mid June.

Now that weed is legal, are there shops yet where you can buy/sample various strains? What are prices like? I am less than 3 hrs from Sault St. Marie... not that I want to import anything but maybe a fun weekend road trip sometime.

I can feel your pain....

I am hoping to have enough bud on hand by the end of the season to get thru the coldest months. My long term plans are to veg up indoors during April/May then move plants outside in mid June.

Now that weed is legal, are there shops yet where you can buy/sample various strains? What are prices like? I am less than 3 hrs from Sault St. Marie... not that I want to import anything but maybe a fun weekend road trip sometime.
Interestingly, the medical market is much better stocked than the government rec stores. Ontario doesn’t even have stores open ad far as I know. It is still all about the mail order. Seeds are still black market. No “approved” genetics. So no clones either. The gov stores on the east coast are starting to improve from what I heard, but ordering online still provides superior choice. The stock and quality are hit and miss.

Cleaned up the tent a bit today. My oscillator on my tower fan went. 3rd FAN since I started. (first two were used household fans, this was new)

Rather than leaving the thing vertically, I hung it horizontally providing a breeze over the tops. These little things going - sure adds up. (first the 20$ ph meter, then the 50$ temperature thermometer/probe and now a 80$ tower fan. )

I don't mind investing in things that provide value/use, but hate when things break.

My watering practice was uncovering some roots, so I had to add some soil to my fabric pots. Last night before lights on, I watered with plain water and some Calmag. I'm trying to figure out if the slight discoloration on one plant...

They will get a feed again tomorrow night.

The smell is starting to get very pleasant. It wasn't as noticeable until I got the tent open and adjusted. The carbon filter currently runs as "cooling" per the temp probe. It sucks the warm air out of the tent and dumps it outside. I was avoiding running it 24/7 because of the heat loss. . I might have it just dump the filtered air until the "cold room" -- or have it run 30 minutes on, 30 off.

The temperature in the tent remains pretty constant now. 21C lights off. about 24 lights on. I might adjust that down soon. Humidity is also very constant. Maybe a tad low. It is running 40% most of the time.

One of my plants is not like the others, even though they are treated, Fed, watered exactly the same.

I have flushed them all 3 days ago, and started to re feed again last night. No idea what the deficiency is. Ph is now precisely at 6.2

Any thoughts on what it could be? (Back left)
27459B41-026A-47F4-BCDA-5057598DAAF4.jpeg

Attachments

• D2785F25-5EE2-476A-94C9-05378B550137.jpeg
    D2785F25-5EE2-476A-94C9-05378B550137.jpeg
    713.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 79AA4E8F-32CA-4400-9110-962DA4277820.jpeg
    79AA4E8F-32CA-4400-9110-962DA4277820.jpeg
    660.1 KB · Views: 41
Well hello just another Ontario grower and I just read your journal and am I ever glad I switched to coco for growing , every journal I read from soil growers sounds like the nightmares I used to have , in my person opinion soil sucks unless it's grown outside by mother nature. Not to hijack your thread but coco doesn't give these kind of headaches and plants grow a lot faster and bushier here are some pics and I am no pro at growing but coco is a lot more forgiving , these were from seed (crop king seeds) 2 fem crown royal and 2 fem blue cookies , this is my 2nd coco grow , the rest were all soil ,using these nutes 2ml per gallon and 2 ml calmag and r.o. water and watering once every day , just let the system run for 5minutes (can't over water coco there is 1 less headache)and ph at 5.8 every time and about 200- 300 ppm depending on how big the plant is .good quality ppm and ph pen are all the tools I have , just a idea that coco growing isn't hard it just sounds hard, it's the best of both worlds soil and hydro . grow the green.ps 600 watt vivosun mh h.i.d. for lighting
20181225_111710[7656].jpg
20181202_113252.jpg
20181225_111730[7652].jpg
71fICyzkdoL._SL1024_.jpg
20181223_131537.jpg

Well hello just another Ontario grower and I just read your journal and am I ever glad I switched to coco for growing , every journal I read from soil growers sounds like the nightmares I used to have , in my person opinion soil sucks unless it's grown outside by mother nature. Not to hijack your thread but coco doesn't give these kind of headaches and plants grow a lot faster and bushier here are some pics and I am no pro at growing but coco is a lot more forgiving , these were from seed (crop king seeds) 2 fem crown royal and 2 fem blue cookies , this is my 2nd coco grow , the rest were all soil ,using these nutes 2ml per gallon and 2 ml calmag and r.o. water and watering once every day , just let the system run for 5minutes (can't over water coco there is 1 less headache)and ph at 5.8 every time and about 200- 300 ppm depending on how big the plant is .good quality ppm and ph pen are all the tools I have , just a idea that coco growing isn't hard it just sounds hard, it's the best of both worlds soil and hydro . grow the green.ps 600 watt vivosun mh h.i.d. for lighting
20181202_113252.jpg
71fICyzkdoL._SL1024_.jpg
20181223_131537.jpg
I don't disagree on the Coco. It is an appealing medium. I might be tempted to try it after I finish one or two more cycles. I feel like I'm figuring out how to grow in soil. Keep in mind that I made an abundance of mistakes early on, but have turned things around.

I stunted the shit out of this grow with bad pH'd water.

It might be a bit like learning to ride stick shift before switching to an automatic transmission.

I took some clones early on. The clones are bigger and bushier than the ones in this thread -- and the difference is this: -- Soil specially made for growing Cannabis (FFOF, GG Living Soil) . I haven't used nutes on the clones. They grow faster and thicker than my "first grow".

I'm also tempted to play with more Living Soil / Organic. It would be nice not to have to worry about nutrients at all. It is a bit of a spectrum isn't it?

Living Soil / All organic -- Soil + Nutes -- Soiless + Nutes -- Hydro

Your plants look awesome by the way. You have an automatic watering system in place? I have been using mine while I'm travelling.

20181202_113252.jpg
71fICyzkdoL._SL1024_.jpg
20181223_131537.jpg

Just finished two blue cookies and the cure is getting close. The crown royale was so good, I’m running another set of them. Blue cookies were more dense than big... Maybe you’ll have better luck than me. Another week or so and I can give you a smoke report.

Back
Top Bottom