Buzz's Grow Journal #4: Blue Cookies! Crown Royale! & My Perennial Favourite Blueberry!

You can just wrap you fingers around a stem and slide up and down to clear them.
Tip burn let’s us know your trying to max them out. :high-five:
I may try that trimming method. This time trying to be just hot enough was a bit too hot and I think it has slowed them down a bit with the pistol brown off due to shock. So I'll pull back a bit next grow to 2.5 ml/l or so, and see what happens! I initially was using Advanced Nutrients Sensi line, which at flower was recommending 4/ml a litre. Emerald Harvest at flower recommends 1.5 ml litre. I was using Emerald Harvest this time at 3 ml /l, but the interesting thing is that it is at the same concentration of salts as the Advanced Nutrients product, they just recommend far less product. IE, a 3ml/l solution of SensiBloom or Emerald Harvest Bloom give about the same EC.

You can just wrap you fingers around a stem and slide up and down to clear them.
:high-five:

I may try that trimming method. This time trying to be just hot enough was a bit too hot and I think it has slowed them down a bit with the pistol brown off due to shock. So I'll pull back a bit next grow to 2.5 ml/l or so, and see what happens! I initially was using Advanced Nutrients Sensi line, which at flower was recommending 4/ml a litre. Emerald Harvest at flower recommends 1.5 ml litre. I was using Emerald Harvest this time at 3 ml /l, but the interesting thing is that it is at the same concentration of salts as the Advanced Nutrients product, they just recommend far less product. IE, a 3ml/l solution of SensiBloom or Emerald Harvest Bloom give about the same EC.

I have used this method as well, even had strips of bark come with. Never seemed to hurt the plant, maybe if really hot & humid condition, may allow for rot , but heal up pretty fast

Another 10 gram ball of hash, from big leaf so save all that scrap put in a 100 micro bag , in a garbage bag , out side -30 c over night , shake for couple min ,pour in metal pan , warm in oven, stir & squeeze together into corner when feels like a putty, when in a ball, wrap with plastic & keep squeezing & rotating in hand for couple hours. let cool to really harden
IMG_1541.JPG

I have used this method as well, even had strips of bark come with. Never seemed to hurt the plant, maybe if really hot & humid condition, may allow for rot , but heal up pretty fast

Another 10 gram ball of hash, from big leaf so save all that scrap put in a 100 micro bag , in a garbage bag , out side -30 c over night , shake for couple min ,pour in metal pan , warm in oven, stir & squeeze together into corner when feels like a putty, when in a ball, wrap with plastic & keep squeezing & rotating in hand for couple hours. let cool to really harden
IMG_1541.JPG
Nice! I will have to try that with all my trimmings in the next few weeks!

Nice! I will have to try that with all my trimmings in the next few weeks!

Tastes like & looks like Blond Lebanese from my younger days, I use a razor blade to shave off hits .
was fast, & easy to do
IMG_1542.JPG[/QUOTE]

7 and 5 week update. Crown and Blue Cookies are doing great. Blue cookies leaves are turning a very dark purple, and the buds are growin again with a nice contrast between older and new. The Blueberry is slowly chugging along!

Quiet interesting at the base there. It actually looks like that larf at the bottom is maturing.:nerd-with-glasses:
So I dried the little larfs from the bottom of the Blue Cookie and just tried them this morning for my first buzz and kaboom! Looking forward to harvest!

So I dried the little larfs from the bottom of the Blue Cookie and just tried them this morning for my first buzz and kaboom! Looking forward to harvest!
Yeah you'll like the harvest, my two small plants are coming on strong
They like the new lights :morenutes:3rd week in :woohoo:
Let me know if you can't wait for your mesh bag

Mid week update, a few macro shots. BobbyZ and Brewsterman, did your blue cookies go dark at late flower like this?

Thanks, it should be here soon enough, is it better to do the cold shake with the leaves still fresh? Thinking it might be less leaf dust then if it was dried.
In the honey oil thread he said the best trim was cured like the bud & he could taste it in the oil
not sure if you would get less leaf dust, when frozen, the leaves still shatter
It's like washing in alcohol the more agitation the more crud
My first shake was less vigorous & better tasting

Mid week update, a few macro shots. BobbyZ and Brewsterman, did your blue cookies go dark at late flower like this?

getting close ,Yes my Blue plants did get darker especially if I put them in the cold & dark before cutting

Back
Top Bottom