Buzz's 2nd Journal: Karolyn, Blueberry & Skunk

I’d just let it ride, when we try to force them is when we have big problems pop up.
what kind of problems?? I wasn't thinking anything to radical just bringing the light down to 10 hours. They haven't had nutes since week 6 so there can't be too much left to use.

I'm on the let it ride side of the fence with PW. I did a thai plant a couple years ago that flowered for 108 days.
15 weeks! Wow, did you have to start feeding it again? Did it keep increasing in size? I quit my nutes at 6 weeks, and although they are not ripe yet, the growth and bud swelling has started to slow a bit I think.

So they are starting to turn very milky with a bit of amber. Cola fan leaves are hardening and getting shiny. Couple more days......

So harvested both Blueberries over the last two days @ 10 weeks from flip, smells like heaven in my room, and if the 20% of wet rule holds out, should get about 147 grams per plant, which is a lot better than my first run with it at 50 grams pp. So about 10 ounces in total! Bought a hanging screen rack which works nice in the tent, have a tray of water in the bottom, 3 circulation fans, and one exhaust fan controlled by a humidistat set to 50% RH. Pix to follow.

So the drying is going great this time, the water trays in the bottom are stopping it from getting to dry, so it seems to be staying at 68F and between 49-54% humidity , and the buds are drying nicely.

So I canned the BB buds in 8! 1 quart jars, final dried weight was an incredible 385 grams, or 13.6 oz. which averages 6 .8 ounces per plant, which is a great return on my first led only run! I think it exceeded the 20% of wet rule, (which worked out to 294 grams,) for two reasons: I really trimmed the sugar leaves compared to earlier runs, and I let the plants go to almost wilt, then harvested.
They are sitting stable, reading at 52% rh, and I expect the taste to mature in the jar, as that is what the Karolyn and Skunk have been doing. And it already tastes great! This is just a theory, but I think the flavour is enhanced by storage as the evaporating terps permeate the rest of the plant.

So here's some pix of the crop all cured up! They are quite thick with intact trichomes. They are listed in order of ass kicking, best first! The Blueberry is very strong actually, and by far the best tasting. The Karolyn is improving in taste, and the Skunk is one heavy smoke! They are all stored and stable in glass sealers, of which there seems to be a lot of!

Karolyn​

Blueberry​

Skunk​

So overall the Blueberry tent did .68 grams per watt, under LED's only. The Karolyn, under a 600 hps and 200 watts of 3590 led's, did .78 grams per watt, and if I take the Skunk and Karolyn together it is .55 grams per watt. The Skunk plant was flowered when it was still small due to space problems, so I am sure it would have done more given more veg time. Lots of room for improvement!

Back
Top Bottom