Buzz's Grow Journal #4: Blue Cookies! Crown Royale! & My Perennial Favourite Blueberry!

So harvested the Crown tonight, got 1.48 kg wet as compared to 1.38 last grow. So that works out to about 350 grams under 350 watts of light! This girl was only in veg for 6 weeks, and then flower for 8 weeks 4 days, so a quick grower. Tomorrow the blue cookie and some pix!

Must have been a long trimming day , still waiting for pixs
The Vault has another blueberry Auto give away Happy Valentines Day BUDdy - An Awesome Vault promo!
The cold weather is coming back Wed. good time for leaf shaking or washing ( got some high grade ethanol to try ) :woohoo:

It took a while but I got it finished. Kinda goofed up and cut the plants all into sticks so I could get the Blueberry into the room and convert the tent into the drying tent. So as the plants wilted they got harder to trim! Lesson learned, maybe. (One can never be sure!) Ended up with a kilogram wet of the Blue Cookie, so around 225-250 grams if I'm lucky. I could have pruned these harder I think, And I am about to trim the blueberries with that in mind. Received my 100 micron bags, and I have two trays of trim drying to shake into hash.

The Blue cookies looks nice & frosty, love the contrast
looks like the buds are bigger & more dense but less
think the Crown royal leans a bit more to the sativa

Started a tropicanna banana & hippie therapy seed both sativa

The Blue cookies looks nice & frosty, love the contrast
looks like the buds are bigger & more dense but less
think the Crown royal leans a bit more to the sativa

Started a tropicanna banana & hippie therapy seed both sativa
Yeah I could have left her another week, and I should have been more aggressive pruning as there was a bunch of popcorn, a lot of which ended up in the trim trays . The drying is going great, using the Inkbird controller. For the first few days the exhaust fan would cut in and then the humidity fan would bring it back up, holding it within 2% of 58%rh. I have raised the set point to 60% rh as the bulk of the moisture is gone and I want it to cure nicely. Now only the humidity is being added, and despite the tent shut up tite, including a one way valve on the exhaust fan, you can watch the humidity slowly drop and then cut in the humidity fan. So not sure where the humidity is going at this point so its a bit of a puzzle? The room is at about 40% so it might be going out through the tent walls, but I thought they were moisture proof.

Great color on those BC!
I was disappointed in my BC yield, but a fantastic smoke nonetheless...
:high-five:
Yeah, I am reasonably happy with the yield, and if I would have gone a bit longer and pruned a bit harder it would have been better, so her clone is going to get another crack at it this fall.

My next grow is all autos for seeds, I have two strains, a white widow and a super stinky so I plan on having two grows and hopefully enough males to cross them 4 ways. White/White, White/SS, SS/White, and SS/SS. Then I plan to go johnny appleseed on my acreage and a few other areas in June and see what happens, as autos are particularly well suited for western Canadian summers!

Heres a pix of my drying/curing setup. The Inkbird humidifies by turning on the small fan blowing across a tray of RO water. It also turns on a 4 inch duct booster fan to exhaust the tent when the humidity gets to high. The humidity gauges change so fast they are reading wrong in the picture. Its holding +/- 2% @ 58%

Holy Rootball! So the cCrown feels like a soft flannel, and yet the holes in the pot didn't grow over and it could drink a gallon a water from the tray in about 5 minutes! Small roots penetrated the soil mass in all dimensions with no discernible tap root, but as soon as they hit a side they just ran along it and down.

Yeah, I am reasonably happy with the yield, and if I would have gone a bit longer and pruned a bit harder it would have been better, so her clone is going to get another crack at it this fall.

My next grow is all autos for seeds, I have two strains, a white widow and a super stinky so I plan on having two grows and hopefully enough males to cross them 4 ways. White/White, White/SS, SS/White, and SS/SS. Then I plan to go johnny appleseed on my acreage and a few other areas in June and see what happens, as autos are particularly well suited for western Canadian summers!

I have a white widow growing now that I crossed with the super stinky. Tight just like the mother is.
I think when I flower it I will pollinate it again with the super stinky. Still have some pollen from the one's I grew in summer, so I put a little of the taller ,later male on my Blue cookies

Made some Hash! Thanks @Brewsterman for showing me how. Put the trim and larfs in a 100 micron brewery bag, hung it outdoors at -27 C for an hour, then shook it inside a garbage bag for about two minutes. Ended up with 8.2 grams of nice looking blond hash! Going to do the Crown trim and blueberry next. Plan to turn the remaining trim after shake into butter.

Made some Hash! Thanks @Brewsterman for showing me how. Put the trim and larfs in a 100 micron brewery bag, hung it outdoors at -27 C for an hour, then shook it inside a garbage bag for about two minutes. Ended up with 8.2 grams of nice looking blond hash! Going to do the Crown trim and blueberry next. Plan to turn the remaining trim after shake into butter.

Pretty easy
I shook some of my trim last night also, after turning into a ball & cooling down It's hard & crystalized
Good Stuff :yahoo: :yummy: :smokin:

Pretty easy
I shook some of my trim last night also, after turning into a ball & cooling down It's hard & crystalized
Good Stuff :yahoo: :yummy: :smokin:
Yeah this is as hard as a rock. I had put the tray in a larger tray of hot water to help roll it up, not sure if that really helped as some seemed to really stick to the pan after that.

Yeah this is as hard as a rock. I had put the tray in a larger tray of hot water to help roll it up, not sure if that really helped as some seemed to really stick to the pan after that.
Just put my pan on the wood stove & as soon as it started turning darker, smooched it in a ball. Had to use my razor blade to scrape it up & clean the pan
Have to be careful not to apply to much heat

8.2g & 6.1g Holy Hash Balls! I did a 2nd shake, almost same colour as the first and looking at it under a loupe before I rolled it up its mostly trichomes. The first I heated more, and a few drops of water on my glove turned it darker . The 2nd I just used my hand to squish it until it started to stick together, I guess as more trichomes get squashed and the oil spreads out.

Back
Top Bottom