Buzz's Grow Journal #4: Blue Cookies! Crown Royale! & My Perennial Favourite Blueberry!

Well, they both are stretching through the screen nicely, the Mars Hydro lite is awesome and I want another one! Still got more trimming and lollypopping to do. Added a bit of BioWeed seaweed fertilizer to the nutrients to get a bit of organic food in there. I added 10 ml to 19 litres ( 5 US gallons or so) and it dropped the ph. A lot. Corrected that with ph up, but was a little surprised.

Yeah I’ve learned to always check PH... Keep those girls happy or they’ll let you know about it.
:high-five:
I was using Advanced Nutrients ph perfect, which acted as advertised but has been discontinued in Canada temporarily. So I went with his brothers company Emerald Harvest, and it works as well but needs constant ph monitoring. Typically I am adding 1 ml of ph up to a 5 gallon mix. I have two ph pens , but the dye method still works best.

1 week into flower!!
Looking good, the Crown is showing a lot of pistols and stretching, the Blue Cookies is showing a few pistols. Started AN's Big Bud yesterday.

1 week into flower!!
Looking good, the Crown is showing a lot of pistols and stretching, the Blue Cookies is showing a few pistols. Started AN's Big Bud yesterday.

Yes looking good, you may have to raise the lights for the Crown. My blue cookie didn't stretch much & had short, hard, tight buds . I see you have a block of foam under the B/C already.
My Jack Herer Is almost 12 week & still throwing some white pistil & no amber trichomes , but losing some of the big fan leaves, cause I been cutting back on nutes . Think I be cutting them shortly

Yes looking good, you may have to raise the lights for the Crown. My blue cookie didn't stretch much & had short, hard, tight buds . I see you have a block of foam under the B/C already.
My Jack Herer Is almost 12 week & still throwing some white pistil & no amber trichomes , but losing some of the big fan leaves, cause I been cutting back on nutes . Think I be cutting them shortly
That’s my experience also. I’d just just sick another block under the cookies if you don’t mind me saying.
Nice looking girls buzz.
:popcorn:

That’s my experience also. I’d just just sick another block under the cookies if you don’t mind me saying.
Nice looking girls buzz.
:popcorn:
Thanks guys! I may try lifting it one more block, will have to see if it runs into the netting. I have been yanking the lights up every few days trying to keep them at about 12 inches, so if I have to run them at an angle to meet the plants it would also work fine. . The Crown is very vigorous, and its not a really fair comparison yet, but it seems to prefer the 3590's slightly warmer light over the Mars. The pix above with the lights sort of shows less lush growth under the mars in the centre. To do a fair compare, I would have to grow two the same, and put the Mar's to one side instead of the middle. Outputs to my light meter are fairly even between the cobs and the Mars, the Mars having a slightly broader area of intensity

Remembered to take the camera tonight & snapped some pics, nothing too huge still running 120 watts
I'll step it up during Christmas, with the rebuild
IMG_1525.JPGIMG_1526 (2).JPGIMG_1528.JPGIMG_1529.JPG

So I boosted the Blue Cookies, its now on 9 inches of blocks. Measured the lights and they are both around 34,000 lux 12" underneath, although I think the meter is reading low as it is at the very low end of the scale on the X100 setting. It reads the sun at about 95,000 lux on a Sunny day in the summer so its pretty close there.

:woohoo:
So I boosted the Blue Cookies, its now on 9 inches of blocks. Measured the lights and they are both around 34,000 lux 12" underneath, although I think the meter is reading low as it is at the very low end of the scale on the X100 setting. It reads the sun at about 95,000 lux on a Sunny day in the summer so its pretty close there.

Hey nice weed art Buzz :thumb: maybe you want to post some of it in this thread here
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/creativity-show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine.458975/ Have some of my stuff posted

Friday!!
Girls are doing great 12 days after flip and budding like mad! Netting is totally filled except for the back corner of the Cookie, and the Crown has areas with 5 or 6 bud tips in a 6 inch square which may need thinnin! Blueberries are slow but steady growth, will post some of them later.

Looks good & a Merry Christmas to you
The Vault has another give away for Christmas

Looks good & a Merry Christmas to you
The Vault has another give away for Christmas
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom