Curled leaves and buds not fattening

Nugtasha

Hi everyone,
This is the first time I have grown and according to everything I have been reading online I have either overwatered my plants or they are suffering nutrient toxicity?!? I am concerned about the curl on the leaves and the fact that the buds are not fattening, any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance
image19136.jpeg

Hi everyone,
This is the first time I have grown and according to everything I have been reading online I have either overwatered my plants or they are suffering nutrient toxicity?!? I am concerned about the curl on the leaves and the fact that the buds are not fattening, any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance
image19136.jpeg

They look to be overwatered. An easy, quick check is stick your finger In the soil. If it is moist, wait to water. You can also use a moisture reader for the soil.

Up with hope, down with dope!

The Germinator got it correct. This is 'fox tailing' Caused by nutrient imbalances or temp flux's. So find out if you had a little warmer temps in there lately. Maybe went un-noticed? But it dose look like there is a nute toxicity occurring. Most likely nitrogen. Give her a flush w/o nutes and lay off the feeding for a week and see how she reacts. If she lightens up you can give her a quarter feeding. See how she reacts and then go from there.. (steps) Remember as flowering pursues you will need less -N and more -P & -K and in the last 2 weeks no -N at all. ;)

Well perhaps over watering but under watering do share the same characteristic's ! some thing else to think about ah.

I would not really call that a classic sign of fox tailing at the moment as this normally appears when the bud is more developed in the latter stages of flowering most likely heat stress but some times it is just a strain thing, lots to understand before jumping to conclusion.

It would be far better to ask a questions & get an answer to explore the original post question to get a bigger picture than just leap in with this or that as it may be a case to investigate the present issue when it could be some thing else...

Well perhaps over watering but under watering do share the same characteristic's ! some thing else to think about ah.

I would not really call that a classic sign of fox tailing at the moment as this normally appears when the bud is more developed in the latter stages of flowering most likely heat stress but some times it is just a strain thing, lots to understand before jumping to conclusion.

It would be far better to ask a questions & get an answer to explore the original post question to get a bigger picture than just leap in with this or that as it may be a case to investigate the present issue when it could be some thing else...

No ones jumping to conclusions. We are just giving our opinions. It's all up to the poster to research what we've said. That said. I stick by to much nitrogen. I bet on it.

All Signs Point To A Corporate Takeover Of The Marijuana Industry By Bayer, Monsanto

Is there any way to correct root rot? Or do I just need to start over?

First we need some feedback from you. Are you saying the soil is too moist? Have you actually inspected roots and seen rot?

If it is over-watering that doesn't rule out N-toxicity. I would let her dry out and give only plain water until leaves turn lighter shade of green. Give her a week to see if she responds. If not and soil is still wet then toss and start over.

image19136.jpeg
Hi everyone,

Interesting development today, the ends of the curled leaves appear to be blackening today?!?!!

First we need some feedback from you. Are you saying the soil is too moist? Have you actually inspected roots and seen rot?

If it is over-watering that doesn't rule out N-toxicity. I would let her dry out and give only plain water until leaves turn lighter shade of green. Give her a week to see if she responds. If not and soil is still wet then toss and start over.

I have inspected the roots today and they are still a nice white colour. I am very grateful that you said to give it a week to see if I notice a difference because I only started to let them dry out 3 days ago, so I will be more patient. I also poked a few more holes into the soil to let in some more air. Small concern I have today is that the ends of the leaves that were curling are turning a very dark green almost black today?
Thanks for your patience in answering my questions.

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet, let the soil dry out, maybe do a solid flush first...those leaves look up-turned, like from heat or light damage maybe?
not curled down, like from noot burn....but I've never grow in soil, so I can't really help???

what is your canopy temp running during lights on?

Hi there thanks for taking the time to read my post, um the temp is around 12 degrees which converts to about 53 Fahrenheit and the lights are 1 metre away from the plants

Hi there thanks for taking the time to read my post, um the temp is around 12 degrees which converts to about 53 Fahrenheit and the lights are 1 metre away from the plants

53F? that low? Now I'm not entirely sure but sounds about 20 degrees on the cold side of things to me...your not trying to grow a Popsicle are you?

I would think you'd see better results if you bumped the temp in there to up between 20C/70F-26C/80F

Depending on the specifics of you light source you might have that to far away from your plants also. If you have a smart-phone you can download free apps that measure lumens, you want 30-50K Lumens or more, measured at the level of your grows canopy

420-magazine-mobile1378428856.jpg

Temperature is definitely part of the problem. Plants outdoors can finish flower at that temp because roots are protected underground. In a pot they chill. You need to get daytime to at least 70 and nighttime no lower than 60. I had problems with temp earlier this winter. Those are the temps when I started to see turnaround. Upper 70's and upper 60's for good growth.

The leaf areas turning black is necrosis. Part of leaf died and is breaking down. That could be from mild heat stress, which supports UseMyName's diagnosis above. It's done, don't worry about it. The black areas won't spread to other leaves.

Glad to hear the roots are still white. She should respond quickly once temps are raised and she gets good drying out.

Temperature is definitely part of the problem. Plants outdoors can finish flower at that temp because roots are protected underground. In a pot they chill. You need to get daytime to at least 70 and nighttime no lower than 60. I had problems with temp earlier this winter. Those are the temps when I started to see turnaround. Upper 70's and upper 60's for good growth.

The leaf areas turning black is necrosis. Part of leaf died and is breaking down. That could be from mild heat stress, which supports UseMyName's diagnosis above. It's done, don't worry about it. The black areas won't spread to other leaves.

Glad to hear the roots are still white. She should respond quickly once temps are raised and she gets good drying out.

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I will be patient and hope for the best, thanks again!

Yup a few more post later & some questions answered providing more insight to the task at hand, yup investigation :thumb:

Ok we are working on the theory you have over watered & slight concerns about nitrogen toxicity !

So i'll ask how often do you water & feed your plants perhaps you could mention nutrients used / dosage etc.

As another member mention lights 1m away that is to far... you could add type of bulbs used more likely needed a lot closer once you check out the inverse square law of light effect more likely why ya bud is not very fat not that we know length of flowering time as of yet ?

Temps are pretty low this may well stunt growth as well.

Ye some stuff to ponder over which may lead you to perfecting the grow environment for better results :Namaste:

One more post i'm official retired from the forums, best wishes to ye all & happy growing :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom