Custard Cream Fem & Free White Widow Seed Budget Grow

420-magazine-mobile2031806571.jpg

Ahh good old afghani. Some good quality afghani can be so bloody potent, I love the stuff. I need to check Cream of the Crop seeds out for sure. I'm keen to see how your NL auto does as well, I'm gonna try autos soon myself.

Ahh good old afghani. Some good quality afghani can be so bloody potent, I love the stuff. I need to check Cream of the Crop seeds out for sure. I'm keen to see how your NL auto does as well, I'm gonna try autos soon myself.

Like I said I never got the seeds from there I got them from a London seed place and the autos I got from herbies

The northern lights is doing ok but the bubblegum was a dud so pretty disappointed because I wanted the bubble gum mainly
But I got 3 free seeds with the Order so I'm germinating a heavyweight (champion) I think after these grows I'm going to decide if I want to stick to photoperiod or auto I'm not sure if I should start a new feed for the northern light and the heavy weight

Hey bub not sure where you are but in the states Walmart and target have these
420-magazine-mobile1868096329.jpg
for $13 and it gives you your temps and rh (relative humidity) very important tool if your gonna be growing indoors. Also aluminum foil is the worst thing you can put up for a reflective surface. White paperboard is better than aluminum and you can get those 2ftx3ft pieces at the dollar store. Panda film is the best and cheapest hammered Mylar is the absolute best but also the most expensive. I noticed you said your growing in coco but I see soil not coco so help me out here. I've got a lot to say but I'm stop there and re read some stuff. Oh imho fimming is best done after the 5th node and after a successful topping. Fimming is usually done on side colas not the mains. Until next time #global420

Hey bub not sure where you are but in the states Walmart and target have these
420-magazine-mobile1868096329.jpg
for $13 and it gives you your temps and rh (relative humidity) very important tool if your gonna be growing indoors. Also aluminum foil is the worst thing you can put up for a reflective surface. White paperboard is better than aluminum and you can get those 2ftx3ft pieces at the dollar store. Panda film is the best and cheapest hammered Mylar is the absolute best but also the most expensive. I noticed you said your growing in coco but I see soil not coco so help me out here. I've got a lot to say but I'm stop there and re read some stuff. Oh imho fimming is best done after the 5th node and after a successful topping. Fimming is usually done on side colas not the mains. Until next time #global420

I changed them from soil to coco etc but like I said I've put the widow back in soul out side it's got here ATM uk do there going outside during the day
420-magazine-mobile510512582.jpg
it's not foil by the way it's a fire blanket I think I filmed wrong anyway I'm just going to top her about a week before I want to flower her if that's a good ideas or I might just leave her I've been really winging it as I've got so much going on I can't give it 100% so I'm just taking it as it comes

I know the soil is probs not the best but it's working for my veg so I'm assuming it should be ok

Ultimately cannabis is a weed, it grows like a weed so will try her best to grow in any soil you put her in. Good soil or compost simply lets you maximise results but you can still grow weed well in any old soil as long as your PH and nutrients are right. Coco is another good medium but dries out very quickly so you will have to water a bit more and coco is also nutrient free meaning you will need to feed from the start. Your veg nutrients will work fine for coco though. You should look into a PK booster and bloom nutrients from the same line as the veg nutes you have. A dose of PK booster just as i switch to flower seems to work wonders for inducing flowering and creating more bud sites. I believe the hydro coco brand you are using do it and a bloom nutrient.

420-magazine-mobile1731545234.jpg
is it to late to lst

Absolutely not too late. You could still Top or FIM and LST the branches outwards and upwards to create an even canopy of colas. Topping will create 2 new top colas but keep the overall height shorter and a FIM (if done correctly) will actually give you 4 top colas and heavy side branching which you can train/LST however you like. Usually the idea of LST is to open the plant up to more light lower down and promote an even canopy, it also improves final yield. You can still LST no problem but wait until the plant has a few nodes so you get more branches.

I can see 4 internodes I think so you could top her now or tie her top shoot down to the side slightly and let her branches grow up and train them outwards. The key is using a nice bendy fleshy bit of stem, it handles LST much better, if the stem is woody it won't bend well and most likely snap. Be gentle and only tie down newer more flexible growth.

Yeah I have the bloom just need to get the pk booster I need to get a ph meter as well

Ph meters are great but it can be difficult getting a clear reading sticking it in the top of the soil so you should test the run off water that comes out of the pot after a plain water feed. My old man was a bit of a scientist and he used to give me PH strips like they use in schools, they are cheap and give you a general idea by dipping it in the run off. Normally soil looks after itself if you follow a feeding regime and water with plain water in between nute feeds. I've only ever had bad ph and nutrient lock out once, just one plant heavily in flower and it was because I'd fed too irregularly and different things, no matter what I did I couldn't fix it and had to harvest that one plant early. Devastating but all my own fault for overdoing the feeding and range of products.

I can see 4 internodes I think so you could top her now or tie her top shoot down to the side slightly and let her branches grow up and train them outwards. The key is using a nice bendy fleshy bit of stem, it handles LST much better, if the stem is woody it won't bend well and most likely snap. Be gentle and only tie down newer more flexible growth.

To be honest I'm a bit worried about lay because I feel like I have no idea how to do it .

I'm feeding the recommended dose every other feed I'm not sure on my ph as of yet but I will try get some strips to test it I'm not going to focus on the widow at all until she has problems if that makes sense but the custard I'm going to start looking after properly

To be honest I'm a bit worried about lay because I feel like I have no idea how to do it .

Then do lots of reading up on it, then when you think you're all read up then you read some more. There's a thread on the main feed called 'ask us anything' and if you post LST questions there you will get a ton of helpful people answering. It's a learning process but you'll see some parts of the plant (newer shoots and growth) will bend quite easily. It's not like bending it in half instantly you do it gradually, tie the top down a little, let it grow, tie the new growth down, then again let it grow and continue the process, you can literally train the plants main stem to grow flat and all the branches then grow up, there's so many different methods but if you are gonna do it then research, research, research. I don't Top and train all my plants I allow some shorter strains to grow out in their natural shape but other, bigger/taller strains get topped at various stages. It's more a height limiter for me personally. Outdoors LST isn't as important as the sun reaches all parts of the plant. LST works better on indoor grows. It definitely improves yield either way though.

I'm feeding the recommended dose every other feed I'm not sure on my ph as of yet but I will try get some strips to test it I'm not going to focus on the widow at all until she has problems if that makes sense but the custard I'm going to start looking after properly

Yes it makes sense. Let the plant tell you what she needs. Don't try and fix issues that aren't there, you are spot on!

420-magazine-mobile1900918385.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1333224959.jpg
420-magazine-mobile957660649.jpg
. Sorry the pictures are not that good

I'm not going to lay her at all just going to make sure I get a few more bulbs in there and have some hanging down the side

420-magazine-mobile1900918385.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1333224959.jpg
420-magazine-mobile957660649.jpg
. Sorry the pictures are not that good

I'm not going to lay her at all just going to make sure I get a few more bulbs in there and have some hanging down the side

The indoor plant is looking nice. Everything looks to be going really well for you so far brudda. Just keep doing what you are doing, all the fuss and care will pay off nicely is a few months time.

The widows growth is so slow it's crazy the custard just keeps impressing me it's like she grows by the second I will put some more pictures up tonight

The widows growth is so slow it's crazy the custard just keeps impressing me it's like she grows by the second I will put some more pictures up tonight

My WW at my second plot are doing great, nearly all plants at nearly 6 weeks old are around 2 feet tall, starting to branch heavily now. I'll be starting light deprivation in the next couple of weeks. As for your widow it's hard to say. You may just have got unlucky and got an old seed or a runt of the litter. It happens unfortunately, all I'd say is whilst there's signs of life don't give up. I always plant a few seeds extra incase of something like this happening so I have a back up plant. Have you a pic from today of the widow mate?

Back
Top Bottom